PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Million

Gander
08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Better Talk Now- Benefits from an honest pace and a few key horses getting tough trips. The 4 time Grade 1 winning Graham Motion charge gets #5 on Saturday. Throw out the Japan Cup and notice he has a very consistent pattern- wins every other race. Due for a win this time after running a very lackluster 5th being wide in the United Nations.

Ace- This year's fashionable pick got cursed when Watchmaker picked him on top. Hasnt won in 2 years but has kept the toughest company in the world. Both US races have been very good and he gets Garrett at the helm. Should make his presence felt from start to finish.

The Tin Man- Likely pacesetter better be on his game as will have hotshots chasing him at every call. Seems to come up short in the grade ones but he is an honest hard knocking game old campigner who always tries and is in top form. May better this rating.

:D

1st_Saturday_in_May
08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
I agree with Better Talk Now. He ran a very nice Million last year but flattened out after making a huge wide move for Johnny V. What do you make of that win/loss pattern? Is it just coincidence or is there something more to it? I noticed it a while back and put it to good use in his Pimlico race but I'm not sure if its anything worth a second glance or not...

Gander
08-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Well absolutely it means something. It means he cant put 2 great races together in a row yet wont run 2 clunkers in a row. I look for him to continue this pattern tomorrow and win.

No doubt in my mind he is 2nd if Johnny V doesnt get him in trouble in this race last year.