PDA

View Full Version : Royals' Fans brought brooms

SCUDSBROTHER
08-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Has anybody ever taken a broom to a game before? Red,Black,Straw...all represented colors as the Royals did sweep THE BOSOX.

Gander
08-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Scuds- Brooms are quite common in baseball stadiums in the last game of a series when a home team has won all the preceding games. A la sweep.

Red Sox couldnt beat a minor league team with the confidence they have right now, or lack of confidence I should say.
:(

Pointg5
08-11-2006, 07:16 AM
I remember when the Reds swept the A's in the 1990 World Series, we were Seniors in High School, we went downtown and there were all of these guys running around with a broom in one hand and a bottle of alcohol in the other. I guess the cops got worried people would start beating each other over the head and started confiscated all of the brooms, that was the biggest pile of brooms I had ever seen.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-11-2006, 08:45 AM
I remember when the Reds swept the A's in the 1990 World Series, we were Seniors in High School, we went downtown and there were all of these guys running around with a broom in one hand and a bottle of alcohol in the other. I guess the cops got worried people would start beating each other over the head and started confiscated all of the brooms, that was the biggest pile of brooms I had ever seen.

That Cincy power reliever doesn't get enough credit for that World Series win.Guess he blew his arm out soon after that.He was awesome in that series.

Pointg5
08-11-2006, 09:09 AM
They were all pretty good, Norm Charlton, Randy Meyers, and Rob Dibble. Dibble was a nut, he got mad one time, because he gave up a homer, he chucked the ball into the outfield stands and hit some lady and hurt her, I believe he had to pay her some money for that action.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Isn't Dibble on Best Damn Sports Show? Very calm on there.Hard to believe it is the same guy.He was pretty combustible in a competitive situation,but was awesome when there was a ring up for grabs in the '90 series.I remember that I thought to myself that this guy was about as dominant as it gets.Yea,he is on that show with Rodney Peete(wow, what happened to Rodney,can they pump up that balloon anymore.....talk about adding a few extra pounds.)

Gander
08-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Yes, your right Scuds. Dibble is on Best Damn Sports Show.