PDA

View Full Version : 7/11 (AP): Million Preview Day

Kasept
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
5th (2:07) Modesty H. (G3)

1 3/16 Miles (Turf) | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $200,000

1 Pure Clan Leparoux J R 122 L
2 Tizaqueena Baird E T 118 L
3 Colina Verde (BRZ) Migliore R 115 L
4 Lemonette Mena M 112 L
5 Ciao Karlsson I 112 L
6 Dynaforce Albarado R J 120 L

7th (3:07) American Derby (G2)

1 3/16 Miles (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $300,000

1 Dakota Gypsy Sterling L J Jr 119 L
2 Reb Leparoux J R 119 L
3 Giant Oak Razo E Jr 121 L
4 Oil Man (IRE) Quinonez A 121 L
5 No Inflation Albarado R J 119 L
6 Proceed Bee Emigh C A 121 Blk-Off L
7 Vaquero Graham J 119 L

9th (4:09) Diamond Ring S.

About 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) | Fillies | 3 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $50,000

1 Romin Robin Albarado R J 117 L
2 Satans Quick Chick Mena M 115 L
3 Ansong Hamilton Q 115 L
4 Oculuna Leparoux J R 115 L
5 Tale of the South Sanchez D 115 L
6 Differentiate Emigh C A 115 L
7 Romacaca Baird E T 115 L
8 Nala's Pride Graham J 115 L

10th (4:40) Pink Ribbon S.

About 5 Furlongs (Turf) | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $50,000

1 Tequilas Dayjur Alvarado J 118 L
2 Dee's Rose Graham J 118 L
3 Excessive Heat Karlsson I 118 L
4 Nicks Emigh C A 120 L
5 Classify Hamilton Q 124 L
6 Candy Cane Perez E E 118 L
7 Taletobetold Leparoux J R 124 L
8 Taylor Madison Campbell J M 122 L
9 At the Finish Meier B 118 L

11th (5:10) Arlington Sprint H.

5 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $200,000

1 Yankee Injunuity Baird E T 118 L
2 Chamberlain Bridge Campbell J M 122 L
3 Fort Prado Perez E E 120 L
4 Stradivinsky Karlsson I 118 L
5 Shrewd Operator Albarado R J 118 L
6 St. Joe Leparoux J R 118 L
7 Grand Sensation Emigh C A 118 L

12th (5:40) Arlington H. (G3)

1 1/4 Miles (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $200,000

1 Plan Rodriguez R R 113 L
2 Public Speaker Alvarado J 113 L
3 Telling Jara F 114 L
4 Recapturetheglory Perez E E 113 L
5 My Happiness (ARG) Razo E Jr 112 L
6 Silverfoot Emigh C A 116 L
7 Ordination (IRE) Mena M 113 L
8 Embossed (IRE) Campbell J M 112 L
9 Just as Well Baird E T 118 L
10 Gentleman Chester Graham J 114 L
11 Stream Cat Geroux F 117
12 Cosmonaut Albarado R J 116 L
13 Thabazimbi Leparoux J R 113 L

brianwspencer
07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Very cool set of races this year with good fields.

Thinking Thabazimbi is a surprise type.

hockey2315
07-08-2009, 10:17 PM

I've been trying to figure him out. Tough race.

GBBob
07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Archipenko out of the Million with an injury..as a sort of topical post

Scav
07-08-2009, 10:36 PM

Recapturetheglory is the surprise type. Had a nightmare trip last race, taking a major step up and will be very long on the board, I saw him train this morning and he looked awesome.

Also know that Roussell is in town, saw him bust a U-turn in the middle of Wilke Ave, right next to the court house, in a Cadillac Escalade, with HYBRID graphic'ed on the side of the truck, it is classic.

jwkniska
07-08-2009, 11:59 PM

I agree with both!

brianwspencer
07-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Recapturetheglory is the surprise type. Had a nightmare trip last race, taking a major step up and will be very long on the board, I saw him train this morning and he looked awesome.

Also know that Roussell is in town, saw him bust a U-turn in the middle of Wilke Ave, right next to the court house, in a Cadillac Escalade, with HYBRID graphic'ed on the side of the truck, it is classic.

Don't disagree with you about him either. I'm not sold on the main contenders that much.

4. Recapturetheglory (U) (Presser) – The running line from his last reads “troubled trip,” and that may be an understatement. He encountered trouble on multiple occasions and was almost certainly the best in that
short field, but got out too late to do any damage. Don’t think he’s proven that he’s capable of handling this caliber of grass runner, but often it’s runners coming off tough trips like that last one who jump up with big
races. Not the most likely winner, but far from impossible – could be convinced.

GBBob
07-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Don't disagree with you about him either. I'm not sold on the main contenders that much.

4. Recapturetheglory (U) (Presser) – The running line from his last reads “troubled trip,” and that may be an understatement. He encountered trouble on multiple occasions and was almost certainly the best in that
short field, but got out too late to do any damage. Don’t think he’s proven that he’s capable of handling this caliber of grass runner, but often it’s runners coming off tough trips like that last one who jump up with big
races. Not the most likely winner, but far from impossible – could be convinced.

Or..the Uchman version:

Former KY DErby 5th place finisher could get it done if likes lawn

brianwspencer
07-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Or..the Uchman version:

Former KY DErby 5th place finisher could get it done if likes lawn

Trouble in last. Might not look back.

Scav
07-09-2009, 09:03 AM

I hated the horse last time, hated, but he proved me wrong from a liking the turf standpoint. He got out and he was a winner, by open lengths too

pgardn
07-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Hosted by Horseplayer PRO's Joe Kristufek and Brian Spencer, the chat will cover all six stakes races to be run at Arlington on Saturday, July 11.

http://www.arlingtonpark.com/news/archives/horseplayerprocom-conduct-live-pre-%E2%80%9Cmillion-preview-day%E2%80%9D-chat-friday

The Fatman not invited to a turf talk... yikes.

-BT-
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I hated the horse last time, hated, but he proved me wrong from a liking the turf standpoint. He got out and he was a winner, by open lengths too

troubled trip in a 4 horse race? about to go watch the replay here shortly to see first hand

i challenge ANYONE to give me a single in the late PK4 sequence.

the only thing i can come up with is Classify in the Pink Ribbon, but in reality i think the race is wide open

-bt-

GBBob
07-10-2009, 12:41 PM
troubled trip in a 4 horse race? about to go watch the replay here shortly to see first hand

i challenge ANYONE to give me a single in the late PK4 sequence.

the only thing i can come up with is Classify in the Pink Ribbon, but in reality i think the race is wide open

-bt-

It's going to rain here all day and into the night. Turf course will be yielding at best tomorrow, fyi..

-BT-
07-10-2009, 12:44 PM
It's going to rain here all day and into the night. Turf course will be yielding at best tomorrow, fyi..

fml

better to know that now, as apposed to waking up and seeing 1 trillion scratches, thanks bob

-bt-

GBBob
07-10-2009, 02:18 PM
fml

better to know that now, as apposed to waking up and seeing 1 trillion scratches, thanks bob

-bt-

Sun is out..wtf do I know

NTamm1215
07-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Why is Thabazimbi the wise guy horse in the Arlington Cap? His Louisville Cap effort was not very good. He walked on the lead and had nothing in the stretch, which was a bit disconcerting. He's not going to get the lead in here IMO and is a terrible play at less than 8-1.

That being said, I don't know who I'm playing but I think if anyone from The Tin Man wins this race, it won't be Silverfoot.

NT

-BT-
07-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Why is Thabazimbi the wise guy horse in the Arlington Cap? His Louisville Cap effort was not very good. He walked on the lead and had nothing in the stretch, which was a bit disconcerting. He's not going to get the lead in here IMO and is a terrible play at less than 8-1.

That being said, I don't know who I'm playing but I think if anyone from The Tin Man wins this race, it won't be Silverfoot.

NT

i'm pretty sure everyone who likes him doesn't think he lays over this field, the ML got a lot of people thinking about this horse. 10-1 is pretty juicy and in the chat last night Kristufek (the line maker at AP) admited he might have placed the number a little too high. Do i think he can win, yes. Will i have a win ticket on him, no. But im gonna use him in my multiple race wagers. the fact that nobody in this race is even close to a deadbolt lock has people looking for value plays like thabazimbi and recapturetheglory, just my thoughts.

-bt-