PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Gander

SCUDSBROTHER
08-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Youngster Papelbon gave it up again.I know how tough those damn Royals can play at home.They have some nice speed on that team,and DeJesus hurt the Halos as well when the Halos were in town.I don't know why they want to win so bad,but they do.Credit Buddy Bell for getting a team (that really doesn't have that much to gain) to play very hard.I don't know 'bout you,but I hate when an outfielder bobbles like Crisp did.Defense counts.You watch Oakland play,and you really see that defense is very important.

oracle80
08-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Youngster Papelbon gave it up again.I know how tough those damn Royals can play at home.They have some nice speed on that team,and DeJesus hurt the Halos as well when the Halos were in town.I don't know why they want to win so bad,but they do.Credit Buddy Bell for getting a team (that really doesn't have that much to gain) to play very hard.I don't know 'bout you,but I hate when an outfielder bobbles like Crisp did.Defense counts.You watch Oakland play,and you really see that defense is very important.
Gee thats a damn shame, Pappelbon giving it up like that. I feel just awful for the Sox and their fans who would only be two games out, now they are three games out. :)
Oh and did I mention that the Sox are now behind both Minnesota and the Chi Sox for the wild card? Geez if the playoffs started today the Twins would be in. Yanks are only 7 games behind the Tigers for best record in the Al, the Yanks will gun them down for that.

Gander
08-10-2006, 07:51 AM
No explanation. Tons of talent, Red Sox are just coming up short. Kind of like Flower Alley this past weekend.

Focus- 9 games remaining with the Yankees.

Now we have 2 teams in front of us in the wildcard. :eek:

oracle80
08-10-2006, 08:13 AM
No explanation. Tons of talent, Red Sox are just coming up short. Kind of like Flower Alley this past weekend.

Focus- 9 games remaining with the Yankees.

Now we have 2 teams in front of us in the wildcard. :eek:

Gander the Yanks-Red Sox games provide great fun and drama but the last 5 years or even more they never mean much in the end as far as who wins the division. Usually one team wins one more game than the other team in the heads up matchup. I think Yanks are up one game this year or they are tied in heads ups. I suspect that the 9 games will go 5-4 in favor of someone again. I think the Sox can still gun down the wildcard.

Gander
08-10-2006, 08:27 AM
You mentioned the Sox got Tampa and Kansas City. Well that has not helped. They actually play better against better teams, much like your Yankees. Thats good and bad. Its bad because they cant afford to lose to anybody and they need to stay within 2 games of the Yankees until they meet head to head next weekend. Its good because teams that rise to the level of their competition are the teams that are real World Series contenders.

Look at the last decade Mike. Teams that have won the World Series- White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees, D Backs, Angels and Marlins. All teams that played exceptionally well against division rivals who were chasing them, yet at times struggled with some of the lower rated teams.

A perfect example of what I mean is a team like the Mets this year. They sort of remind me of the Cardinals from the last 2 years and the Mariners from 2001. They absolutely destroy the weak teams but struggle with the top teams. To me they are going to have a very tough time getting out of round one of the playoffs. Another team, but not as drastic are the Tigers. To me they are a team bound for a first round exit in the postseason.

2 Dollar Bill
08-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Did I just wake up and the season is over? Its August 10th right ?? Like 7 weeks of baseball left....right ? Baseball is a long strange trip..

SCUDSBROTHER
08-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Wonder how much they miss Varitek calling games,and going out to the mound every 40 seconds or so.

Gander
08-10-2006, 11:47 AM
A Rod wont miss getting thrown around like a rag doll :p

SCUDSBROTHER
08-10-2006, 01:22 PM
If Coco doesn't miss-handle that hit from German(holds him to 2 bases,) do you win last night?