PDA

View Full Version : gpk - gutless part of golf

gales0678
08-09-2006, 06:19 AM
team wie fires their caddie and has the agent do it

maybe they can make an american express commercial and say "firing your caddie 'cuse you didn't make the cut" - priceless

f in joke

GPK
08-09-2006, 06:39 AM
team wie fires their caddie and has the agent do it

maybe they can make an american express commercial and say "firing your caddie 'cuse you didn't make the cut" - priceless

f in joke

Yeah....I am getting the word that alot of guys are being let go after the British. From my understanding, Ochoa is letting Lance go and look at the success they have had together this year. Tommy Thorpe was on her bag for a few years and he had a TON of success with Lopez for a few years. Morgan Pressel let Sam go not too long ago and she was on the bag with her at the Open last year at Cherry Hills.
Others that have let their caddies go of late include:
Meena Lee
Candy Hannemann
Young Kim
Soo-Yun Kang

As far as Greg getting fired from Michelle, I wouldn't worry about him too much. He is one of the top 3 caddies out there and will get picked up by a top player in no time. He spent many years on the bag for Inkster and they had TONS of success together. But yes, being fired by her agent, thats bullsh*t. She keeps up that stuff, she will be hard pressed to find a top notch caddy.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Kev,how much of this stuff is mutual(meaning the caddy and player agree that they should be working with other people for whatever reason.)

Scav
08-09-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah....I am getting the word that alot of guys are being let go after the British. From my understanding, Ochoa is letting Lance go and look at the success they have had together this year. Tommy Thorpe was on her bag for a few years and he had a TON of success with Lopez for a few years. Morgan Pressel let Sam go not too long ago and she was on the bag with her at the Open last year at Cherry Hills.
Others that have let their caddies go of late include:
Meena Lee
Candy Hannemann
Young Kim
Soo-Yun Kang

As far as Greg getting fired from Michelle, I wouldn't worry about him too much. He is one of the top 3 caddies out there and will get picked up by a top player in no time. He spent many years on the bag for Inkster and they had TONS of success together. But yes, being fired by her agent, thats bullsh*t. She keeps up that stuff, she will be hard pressed to find a top notch caddy.

I would have rather heard from her agent. Imagine getting fired by a 16 year old....no thanks, I wouldn't have self esteem for 5 years

SCUDSBROTHER
08-09-2006, 12:12 PM
I would have rather heard from her agent. Imagine getting fired by a 16 year old....no thanks, I wouldn't have self esteem for 5 years

Wouldn't be surprised if it was the agent's idea to fire him to begin with.I think her parents and agent(or assistant to the agent) seem to be out on the course watching her every move.

Scav
08-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Yeha, the parents seem a little nutty. Tigers parents just chilled on the 18th and waited for their son to come, I don't remember his parents walking with his every move. I could be wrong though

GPK
08-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Kev,how much of this stuff is mutual(meaning the caddy and player agree that they should be working with other people for whatever reason.)

Scuds...sometimes is very mutual, sometimes the player fires the caddy and sometimes the caddy quits the player. There is saying out there..."Your hired to be fired."

There is not a thing in the world they can blame on Greg. Look at the year she has had.

GPK
08-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeha, the parents seem a little nutty. Tigers parents just chilled on the 18th and waited for their son to come, I don't remember his parents walking with his every move. I could be wrong though

Tom...it's sad out there really. All these girls coming over from Korea..their parents are out there night and day with their daughters on the golf course, by the putting green, on the practice tee. I have seen these girls get yelled out during a Tuesday practice round.

Scav
08-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Tom...it's sad out there really. All these girls coming over from Korea..their parents are out there night and day with their daughters on the golf course, by the putting green, on the practice tee. I have seen these girls get yelled out during a Tuesday practice round.

Growing up my dad coached all my baseball teams. He had one rule for parents, you yell at your kids, your gone.

So of course, I was the only one that got yelled at

SCUDSBROTHER
08-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Kev,she needs a putting/short game teacher to be her caddy.Girl just can't putt well enough to win tournaments.Be beating women easily if she could putt.

GPK
08-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Kev,she needs a putting/short game teacher to be her caddy.Girl just can't putt well enough to win tournaments.Be beating women easily if she could putt.

she need someone other than Kelly Leadbetter teaching her to putt...I know that.