PDA

View Full Version : Gander

SCUDSBROTHER
08-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Was half listening to the Halo game.All of the sudden,CRACK!!!! I look at the t.v. to see a ball going into the right field seats.Vlade's home runs have a distinctive sound.Very powerful guy.

Gander
08-08-2006, 07:08 PM
They are still ooohing and awwing in Boston from that 500+ foot shot Vlad hit over the Green Monster last week. Hes a strong dude, just needs to be a bit more patient at the plate and not swing at so much garbage :(

SCUDSBROTHER
08-08-2006, 07:21 PM
They are still ooohing and awwing in Boston from that 500+ foot shot Vlad hit over the Green Monster last week. Hes a strong dude, just needs to be a bit more patient at the plate and not swing at so much garbage :(

Yea,he does not hit top pitching much at all.Really need him to.The A's pitched him junk breakers that ducked away from him or to the dirt(broke just as they got to him.)Just hit them in the ground,or fouled them,or whiffed them.They weren't way out of the strike zone,but he had to reach for them at the last 2nd cuz they broke hard very late.You really notice the difference when another team like the Rangers start pitching him.The pitches are a lot straighter.Don't have that tail on them that the A's pitches to him did.I doubt he saw a fastball against the A's.If he did,then he missed it.

Gander
08-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I am watching the Yankees- White Sox. Got a good one brewing in Chi town.
Not sure who I should be rooting for as a Red Sox fan :confused:
I guess the White Sox :D

Gander
08-08-2006, 07:52 PM
There is a mad heckler at that game and you can hear him every time a Yankee comes to bat. They ought to lock that guy up. If Sheffield was in there he'd club that guy to from Chicago to the moon!

oracle80
08-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Red Sox two outs away(with a man on 1st) from losing to KC, ouch.
Yanks and Chisox deadlocked at 5 in the bottom of the 10th with Proctor relieving Mariano.

oracle80
08-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Papi up with a man on 2nd gander, one out, sox down two, ninth inning. Can he do it again?

oracle80
08-08-2006, 10:38 PM
papi walks and manny fans. Sox have guys on 1st and 2nd with two outs down two. yanks have a guy on 2nd with two outs. Come on baby, send the lead to three.

oracle80
08-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Youkilis grounds out!! Night night Red Sox. Yanks strand a runner and it goes to the bottom of 11. I can go to bed now, even if Yanks go down the lead stays at two.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-09-2006, 05:31 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260808104

"Bobby Jenks (3-3) pitched 2 2-3 innings, "-ESPN

Are you kid'n me? Almost 3 innings?Sounds like Chisox are going all in.Using their best reliever for almost 3 innings with almost 50 games to go?

Gander
08-09-2006, 08:05 AM
Sandman didnt come through, thats a damn shame. Too bad, Yanks could have had a 3 game lead. Blown opportunity for them. Red Sox are just plain awful right now :p