PDA

View Full Version : First-time Belmont Stakes Trip

XIIPointStables
05-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Wanted to get some advice on making the trip to the Belmont Stakes this year.

There is a group of about six of us and we we're debating just getting seats in the backyard or getting reserved seating.

Is it like Saratoga where if you're not there at 5AM on Travers day you can't get a table or a spot?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Sightseek
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Depends if there is a Triple Crown on the line.

If there is none, the track is so spacious you don't have to worry about it.

NYRA sent out an e-mail this morning about their new Belmont Stakes website, this might help you further:

http://www.belmontstakes.com/

XIIPointStables
05-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, they sent me a ticket form, but the group I'm with wants to go the backyard route and just scalp tickets if we need to.

geeker2
05-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Don't Valet your car!

pmacdaddy
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I put in for tickets for the Belmont. Does anyone know when they are being mailed?

Thanks

smuthg
05-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I put in for tickets for the Belmont. Does anyone know when they are being mailed?

Thanks

I made my request a couple weeks before the Derby and the email response I received indicated that they were trying to get them out by the Preakness, but I haven't received anything...

smuthg
05-22-2009, 09:38 AM

Thanks

I got an email last night letting me know that I had seats, so I assume they are being mailed soon.

smuthg
05-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I saw where my credit card was charged last week, but I have not received my tickets yet... Has anyone received their tickets?

pmacdaddy
05-28-2009, 05:15 PM
I called up NYRA ticket office yesterday and they confirmed that I had indeed gotten the seats I requested.

They said tickets would be mailed out this week.

Holland Hacker
05-29-2009, 11:21 AM
I called up NYRA ticket office yesterday and they confirmed that I had indeed gotten the seats I requested.

They said tickets would be mailed out this week.

Pat where are you seats? I would like to stop by and introduce myself.

pmacdaddy
05-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Definitely. We are in Section 3N, row A.

I will be there with my wife, brother-in-law (Pointman) and his dad Tony. Leaving kids back for this one...

Hope to get there a bit before first Post. Should definitely plan to meet up.

See you there.

Pat

Holland Hacker
05-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Definitely. We are in Section 3N, row A.

I will be there with my wife, brother-in-law (Pointman) and his dad Tony. Leaving kids back for this one...

Hope to get there a bit before first Post. Should definitely plan to meet up.

See you there.

Pat

Pat,

I'm looking forward to it. I'll stop by at some point during the day. By the way I think our seats are close in 3S also the front row.

See you then.

Bill

pmacdaddy
05-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Got tickets in the mail today.

Holland Hacker
05-31-2009, 08:01 AM
Any idea when we'll be getting our Saratoga Seats? I know NYRA is way behind scheduel as the Belmont Stakes tickets were just mailed out.

smuthg
06-01-2009, 10:01 AM
what's the recommended attire for the clubhouse on Belmont day? Jacket required?

smuthg
06-01-2009, 02:31 PM
A jacket is not required for the clubhouse. You can wear shorts if you want.

thanks...

XIIPointStables
06-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm going to bump this as a buddy and I have committed to go this year. It will be out first trip to Belmont.

RE: Tickets. There are three levels as best as I can tell: Second, Third and Upper Third.

Does anyone have a real passionate plea as to what is the best level?

randallscott35
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Its a great day. Enjoy.

XIIPointStables
06-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Just trying to figure out what to do about tickets.

We're going to forgo the cooler and chairs and just get tickets. Just don't know what the best level is in the building.

geeker2
06-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Just trying to figure out what to do about tickets.

We're going to forgo the cooler and chairs and just get tickets. Just don't know what the best level is in the building.

Don't use valet parking on Belmont Day

XIIPointStables
06-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Cardus thanks.

My friend was able to find seats in the upper tier, 3Q, Row T (they said that was 2nd row of the upper tier, we'll see) for like $30 each. Figured that was a good deal. Labeled "Preferred Grandstand" whatever that means.

Any other tips or suggestions for the day are welcome!

Lava
06-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I am sitting in 3Q row s seats 19 and 20

pointman
06-02-2010, 12:38 AM
You admit to this publicly?

Brave man, brave man!

It could be worse, I could be a 7 foot over protective Italian who is anti-gambling/alcohol. ;)

I'm going to bump this as a buddy and I have committed to go this year. It will be out first trip to Belmont.

RE: Tickets. There are three levels as best as I can tell: Second, Third and Upper Third.

Does anyone have a real passionate plea as to what is the best level?

Belmont Park is a great racetrack which is a tremendous place to see. The level really is irrelevant as the view is terrific regardless, the closer to the finish line the better.

Enjoy it, without a triple crown on the line Belmont Stakes day is one of the more enjoyable days you can have Belmont Park, the facility is huge and will easily handle the crowd on hand making it a great racetrack experience!

pmacdaddy
06-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Cardus thanks.

My friend was able to find seats in the upper tier, 3Q, Row T (they said that was 2nd row of the upper tier, we'll see) for like $30 each. Figured that was a good deal. Labeled "Preferred Grandstand" whatever that means.

Any other tips or suggestions for the day are welcome!

That section is a good spot. Face value is $65 and includes clubhouse admission. We are sitting one section over in 3P (1-8). We also sat there for Breeders Cup and thought it was just fine. Enjoy!

XIIPointStables
06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like my Yankee Fan friend did okay. But of an upset there.

If I were sending someone to Saratoga, I might mention to them to of course eat at Carolina BBQ. And if they'd already sampled the fine food there, grab a Hattie's sandwich.

Is there a must-eat at place at Belmont?

pmacdaddy
06-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Nothing on track to rave about in my opinion.

I did have a stuffed veal chop at King Umberto's last Saturday that was absolutely out of this world. Baked clams there get the full 4 stars as well...

SniperSB23
06-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Anywhere that DTers are meeting up tomorrow? I've decided to make the trip down.

XIIPointStables
06-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Had a great maiden voyage to Belmont. Place is huge. Got there very early in time for 9:30AM doors opening.

Spent an hour walking around the complex. Clubhouse area was terrific.

Was taken by how few people seemed to be there for the beginning of a Triple Crown day. As the day wore on and more and more people arrived, I was even more taken back by how well the track holds 45k.

The only time we waited in line all day were for beers between like 4-6PM and the eventual ATM run. Never waited more than a second to bet.

It was a stark contrast to say the Travers, which always seems packed and forces me to bet with 15 MTP each race.

Besides an overall terrible day handicapping and betting, a great day as a fan of racing.

AlreadyHome
06-06-2010, 03:10 PM
thanx for the update on your trip @Belmont, very nice,.,..
do you have any picture maybe you can share them...
an we can see from your eyes....:)

lol at a update you made hahahahah you waited 3seconds
to place a bet, in racing thats a long time in humans is 3seconds :$:

sorry your handicapping didn't go as you wanted, a few
members here picked some good horses that won or placed

but over all it sounds like you had a good time, well done...