PDA

View Full Version : Good news for BOSOX FANS

SCUDSBROTHER
08-07-2006, 11:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260807106

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260807104

LIRIANO HURT= HUGE.Probably down to just 2 (Bosox/Chisox) for the Wild Card.Escobar is pitching strong now.Since the Allstar break,Angel starters haven't pitched quite as well as they can,but the last 3 games they have seemed to turn the corner.They simply have no chance to win the division without the starters pitching great.Halo offense is a "pile on only" offense.This means if the pitching to start the 1st 5 innings is great,then they will hit.If the starters struggle,then the offense rarely makes up for it(and when they do,the middle relief blows close games.)It's a team built around starting pitching.Dodgers still hot(tied with Cincy for the wild card lead.Go f'n figure.)You are not gunna believe how many runs the Dodgers are gunna save on defense by having Lugo play the middle infield.The guy has been with the team for less than a week,but you would think he has been with these guys for years.I guess when you escape Tampa you love everybody.Even when he was in Tampa he played very hard though.He stood out(Total team player.)I know they aren't gunna let him play like they should.Kent came back,and played 1st tonite,but Garciaparra is coming back to play 1st soon.Good problem to have though.The thing that has held this team back was the poor starting pitching by Tomko(moved to bullpen,)Perez(traded,)Hendricksen(still iffy ,but wasn't horrible yesterday,)and the sloppy pitching by Lowe.Penny has pitched well,but probably has felt like he has been the only one trying for most of the year.So,he has had some poor starts(and I don't think that would of happened if he thought the rest of the team was trying.)He seems awfully tough now that the other starters are doing better.Dodgers have struggled against San Diego,and San Francisco.If they play well against those two,then you will know whether they are gunna be for real.

Gander
08-08-2006, 07:49 AM
I like how your just giving the AL East to the Yankees, who have a 2 game lead with like 60 games left, including 2 series with Boston (total of 9 games). While we are playing horrendously right now I really do believe things will turn around when we play NY head to head.

Please dont leave NY out of the wildcard race and us out of the division race just yet.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Yankees are in the post(this is Scud guaranteed.)If you want the division,then they take the Wild Card.Yanks are in the post.You probably will be in as the Wild Card,but it is no sure thing.You could take the division(which I doubt,)or more probably will take the Wild Card.How can I consider you better than the Yanks when you spend 120 mil to the Yanks 215? They improved with Abreu,and you guys did nothing(you actually got worse by losing your captain by injury.)I have no clue if Nixon is back or not now after swinging so hard at a Lackey pitch(whiff)that he tweeked something.You're not as good (right now) as the 215 mil team.Don't expect me to put them in front of the Yanks.After all,you guys keep wheeling that wheelbarrel full of dung(TAVAREZ) out there almost every night.