PDA

View Full Version : hall of fame voting

Danzig
06-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Not sure if anyone has read anything about this or not, but apparently voting will change again since no contemporary horses, trainers, or jocks will enter for yet another year. what does everyone think about it? i don't have a problem with it being pretty difficult to enter. after all, it's the hall of fame, not the hall of let's put in the same # of people and horses every year just because....it should be difficult. not impossible tho. thoughts anyone?

Kasept
06-04-2006, 03:27 PM
'Zig..

Don't know if you had a chance to hear it live, but last week we had both Ed Bowen (HOF Prez, Grayson Found., famed race/pedigree book author) and Steve Crist on "At the Races"...

Bowen was very disheartened about how things turned out and pledged a change..

Crist was more pointed in his comments, obviously, and said it was simply pathetic that horses as good as Sky Beauty and SBD, etc., couldn't get 75% of the votes... He said there should be an en masse induction of the backlog of horses and humans (Maple.. Perret.. Leatherbury.. many more) over the next few years and then they can return to the one (or more) system in each category...

Check the ATRAB archives to hear those segments and the GREAT John Nerud interview..

http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com

Steve

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I listened to that interview 4 times, I could listen to Mr Nerud for hours Kasept.

Kasept
06-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I listened to that interview 4 times, I could listen to Mr Nerud for hours Kasept.

Pretty amazing, eh?? And then Steve Haskin TALKED ABOUT Nerud for the next half hour!!

I want to do a series of 4-5 more half hours with him and then we'll put them in an edited compilation to sell for horse rescue or backstretch assistence or give away as prizes, or something..

SB

Togacapper
06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Great Idea people would love it. Ya gotta get him back on that's for sure.

Danzig
06-04-2006, 05:03 PM
i didn't hear the broadcast steve. sorry i missed it.
definitely a change necessary when horses the likes of sky beauty and silver charm don't get inducted!
i'm sure they were just trying to find a fair way to choose inductees, without being quite as exclusive as it's turned out.
tweaking is definitely in order.