PDA

View Full Version : What 2-year-olds have caught your eye to this point?

Cunningham Racing
06-03-2006, 10:11 PM
I have seen all of the CD juvenile races in person and watched several of the HOL and BEL babies and the best I've seen to date will all perform at the Spa, which I'm happy to report.

Steve Asmussen is the BEST trainer of 2-year-olds in the country (with Ronnie Werner a close second IMO), and unlike the past, Asmussen finally has owners like Jess Jackson who are getting him in the pedigree market for some really nice horses at the horse auctions. He has about 5 or 6 horses for Stonestreet that are very nice babies, and they paid a hefty coin for most of them.

His best juvenile and one with the most upside is a beautiful black colt by Storm Cat named NAPA CAT, who professionally broke his maiden first out at CD from off the pace in easy fashion. They paid $800,000 for this one at KEE Sept. - which is about 4-5 times more than most of the Asmussen owner's purchases in the past. Heiligbrodt ad McCarty will only shell out $75,000 - $200,000 for one, and now that Asmussen has a guy like Jackson, LOOK OUT!!!

Napa Cat will be top class around one turn, but since he is out of a Housebuster mare, their may be disatnce limitations here. However, Asmussen is clearly more productive with Sprinters than Routers anyway. Keep a serious watch out for this one..I think Steve believes this is his best youngster and he has a barn full of good ones.

The other pair of babies hail from the Todd Pletcher stable and appear to be his best two. He has treated them like his best two because they have worked against each other several times at CD and Palm Meadows.

SCAT DADDY broke his maiden broke his maiden today at BEL ad he has been my personal favorite...I've seen him work unbelievable at CD a couple of times and he is such a big, handsome colt that absolutely oozes class when you watch his manurisms. I've watched him walk off the track and bathe on the wash rack and he is one classy looking dude. He is my early BC Juvenile colt until someone else proves better. A $250,000 KEE Sept. purchase (I watched him go through the ring and wished I had the money to buy him..wow..it was at the end of Day 1 of the sale and Pletcher was sitting in front of me when he bought him and he commented to a women with him that he was surprised that he went so cheap, but everyone had about left at that point...beautiful colt), Scat Daddy is by the brillaint Johannesburg (one of my personal faves) and out of a Mr. Prospector (leading broodmare sire in the world) mare.

I can't say enough about this one...

Scat Daddy's stablemate is MINEFIELD, who is also his workmate because they are both so fast. Minefield is a $400,000 yearling purchase by Silver Deputy, and he himself is a GREAT looking animal...very flashy looking and about took my breath away in the paddock (I was in the paddock) when he debuted at CD a few weeks ago. He absolutely crushed a full group of CD maidens with absolute ease by like 7-lengths without taking a deep breath.

I'm betting he is a sprinter/miler type like Napa Cat, but he is a serious talent and will be a top class performer....He is easily the best CD 2-year-old winner I've seen to date, although I think Napa Cat is as good. He'll be the favorite and horse to beat at CD in next month's Gr. III Bashford Manor on July 8th, where I'm sure Asmussen will probably run Napa Cat, too...and another decent little speedy colt named Run Alex Run will take a lot of money in that race if he points for it for trainer Jenks Fires.

Joel's Top 3 Juveniles: (as of 6/3)

(1) Scat Daddy
(2) Napa Cat
(3) Minefield

Does anyone else follow 2-year-olds as closely and have any opinions? Thoughts?

Cajungator26
06-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Joel,

I am also very interested in the Johannesburg babies... my personal favorite is a two year old colt named "Zounds." He sold for a record $625,000 at Timonium and is out of a World Appeal mare. He will ALSO be trained by Todd Pletcher (or so I have heard.)

Cunningham Racing
06-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Joel,

I am also very interested in the Johannesburg babies... my personal favorite is a two year old colt named "Zounds." He sold for a record $625,000 at Timonium and is out of a World Appeal mare. He will ALSO be trained by Todd Pletcher (or so I have heard.)

I love him as a sire..think he'll be the leading first crop sire at year's end..Johannesburg has a Coolmore-owned filly that Pletcher also has that was bought for over $1 million at the same sale that they are pretty high on. She is by the Unbridled mare Piedras Negras, but I think she's unnamed at this time according to DRF.

I have a Johannesburg weanling that is a little on the small side but made well and is out of a very nice stakes-winning El Prado mare...I'm counting on Johannessburg firing big as a sire in his first couple of crops so that he'll help me sell my colt....we'll see, but I will enjoy betting his 2-year-olds this year.

I also think Yonaguska and Jump Start are two cheaper stallions that I feel will have a very solid first crop...watch out.

Scurlogue Champ
06-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Do you think the Street Cry's will do well?

Cajungator26
06-04-2006, 07:48 AM
I love him as a sire..think he'll be the leading first crop sire at year's end..Johannesburg has a Coolmore-owned filly that Pletcher also has that was bought for over $1 million at the same sale that they are pretty high on. She is by the Unbridled mare Piedras Negras, but I think she's unnamed at this time according to DRF.

I have a Johannesburg weanling that is a little on the small side but made well and is out of a very nice stakes-winning El Prado mare...I'm counting on Johannessburg firing big as a sire in his first couple of crops so that he'll help me sell my colt....we'll see, but I will enjoy betting his 2-year-olds this year.

I also think Yonaguska and Jump Start are two cheaper stallions that I feel will have a very solid first crop...watch out.

That's awesome that you have one of his babies... I wouldn't be too concerned about the size of the weanling you have. I don't think Johannesburg is too big himself (15.3 and change if I remember correctly.) I agree that he is going to be the sire to watch for this year. I'll have to check out Yonaguska and Jump Start.

Cajungator26
06-04-2006, 07:58 AM
I've been keeping my eye peeled on some of the juvenile sires down here in Florida as well and one that caught my eye last year was Drewman. He's by Unbridled out of a Cozzene mare. He should have two year olds running next year. His breeding is similar to Unbridled's Song and I know that Song brought in some big bucks at the two year old sales.

Another one of my faves... this guy will be a NICE sire IMO. I can't wait to see what his babies look like as two year olds. His name is Mr. Livingston and he's by El Prado out of a Noble Saint mare. He also stands down here in Florida.

Cunningham Racing
06-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Do you think the Street Cry's will do well?

As for the mid-range first crop stallions, I think Johannesburg and Buddha will have the better 2-year-old and early 3-year-old crop due to the fact that they should be more precocious, but Street Cry has recieved a few decent books of mares and I've seen some really nice babies by him thta sold well at the sales.

I personally was always a big fan of his, but I do believe that his horses will be better older horses and may lack the speed and precociousness to be effective as 2-year-olds....just a guess....the ones I saw looked long and rangy and didn't appear to be the type that would be at their best running short at an early age.

By the way, Scat Daddy received a gaudy 93 Beyer Speed Figure for yesterday's win...WOW!..I have thought more about him and I don't know if he'll go long or not....it will be interesting to see.

Cunningham Racing
06-04-2006, 08:04 AM
That's awesome that you have one of his babies... I wouldn't be too concerned about the size of the weanling you have. I don't think Johannesburg is too big himself (15.3 and change if I remember correctly.) I agree that he is going to be the sire to watch for this year. I'll have to check out Yonaguska and Jump Start.

Yeah, Johannesburg is not that big in person, but you can tell that there is a wealth of class there when you see him in person....the mare is a nice mare but is long and lean and not that robust herself, so it was probably not the best choice of stallion for her...size is the only thing she really lacks somewhat, so this year we took that more into account and got her in foal to Vindication, who is stamping his foals with a lot more size....keeping my fingers crossed.

Cunningham Racing
06-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Another one of my faves... this guy will be a NICE sire IMO. I can't wait to see what his babies look like as two year olds. His name is Mr. Livingston and he's by El Prado out of a Noble Saint mare. He also stands down here in Florida.

Man, you can tell that he's an El Prado...looks like most of the good El Prados do...my mare looks just like him except thta he is better in the knees than her..she is a little more flat in the knees

jpops757
06-04-2006, 08:34 AM

Assmusen has a Yonguska in the tx ft next week at LS. I think he or his dad are owner too. I agree that Ronnie is great with babies. One that he did well with a few years ago was Touch Tone and he is throwing babies that are running this year.

Cunningham Racing
06-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Assmusen has a Yonguska in the tx ft next week at LS. I think he or his dad are owner too. I agree that Ronnie is great with babies. One that he did well with a few years ago was Touch Tone and he is throwing babies that are running this year.

I love playing those baby Futuritys at Lone Star every year...I think they're the TTA Sales Futurities...always full fields and a price usually always wins....great betting races.

Asmussen also has that colt named Datrick, who should be very tough to beat in the colts and geldings division of that race...I don't like faves usually in that race, but he is far classier than that group.....it'll be interesting to see how the fillies division turns up..I was fortunate to catch most of the Trial races so I will be interested in a little wagering action..

Nostradamus
06-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Lael has some really nice ones.

jpops757
06-04-2006, 12:55 PM
I love playing those baby Futuritys at Lone Star every year...I think they're the TTA Sales Futurities...always full fields and a price usually always wins....great betting races.

Asmussen also has that colt named Datrick, who should be very tough to beat in the colts and geldings division of that race...I don't like faves usually in that race, but he is far classier than that group.....it'll be interesting to see how the fillies division turns up..I was fortunate to catch most of the Trial races so I will be interested in a little wagering action..
Both races look like a Assmusen Calhon chalange. Dosent Calhoun showcase most of his babies for private sale ?

PSH
06-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Obviously, Scat Man looks like one special speed demon....
We shall see down the line how he handles two turns..

I am partial to a couple of NY Bred 2YO fillies, but then again these are the first two horses that i have ever owned and will be shipped from the Farm to Finger Lakes shortly. Hopefully, they will be competitive....:rolleyes:

Cajungator26
06-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Kind of off topic, but what do you think of Perfect Soul, Joel? His first babies were born this year, so we won't see any on the track until 2008.

Cunningham Racing
06-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Kind of off topic, but what do you think of Perfect Soul, Joel? His first babies were born this year, so we won't see any on the track until 2008.

I've heard they look pretty nice, actually...He is a big question mark because he has a stellar pedigree, yet he was a turf miler who was top class but not on an elite level, and the American publis doesn't like to support turf horses....he deserves every chance to be a good stallion if he is getting the right book of mares....god knows that he is bred to be a good one..I usually don't like turf horses as stallions, but I'm really intrigued to see his babies...

...Further more, speaking of turf stallions, I am REALLY intrigued to see Powerscourt's babies....I think he is a great value at $12,500...

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Joel,

God, that one is a looker for sure!

oracle80
06-05-2006, 07:54 AM
I have seen all of the CD juvenile races in person and watched several of the HOL and BEL babies and the best I've seen to date will all perform at the Spa, which I'm happy to report.

Steve Asmussen is the BEST trainer of 2-year-olds in the country (with Ronnie Werner a close second IMO), and unlike the past, Asmussen finally has owners like Jess Jackson who are getting him in the pedigree market for some really nice horses at the horse auctions. He has about 5 or 6 horses for Stonestreet that are very nice babies, and they paid a hefty coin for most of them.

His best juvenile and one with the most upside is a beautiful black colt by Storm Cat named NAPA CAT, who professionally broke his maiden first out at CD from off the pace in easy fashion. They paid $800,000 for this one at KEE Sept. - which is about 4-5 times more than most of the Asmussen owner's purchases in the past. Heiligbrodt ad McCarty will only shell out $75,000 - $200,000 for one, and now that Asmussen has a guy like Jackson, LOOK OUT!!!

Napa Cat will be top class around one turn, but since he is out of a Housebuster mare, their may be disatnce limitations here. However, Asmussen is clearly more productive with Sprinters than Routers anyway. Keep a serious watch out for this one..I think Steve believes this is his best youngster and he has a barn full of good ones.

The other pair of babies hail from the Todd Pletcher stable and appear to be his best two. He has treated them like his best two because they have worked against each other several times at CD and Palm Meadows.

SCAT DADDY broke his maiden broke his maiden today at BEL ad he has been my personal favorite...I've seen him work unbelievable at CD a couple of times and he is such a big, handsome colt that absolutely oozes class when you watch his manurisms. I've watched him walk off the track and bathe on the wash rack and he is one classy looking dude. He is my early BC Juvenile colt until someone else proves better. A $250,000 KEE Sept. purchase (I watched him go through the ring and wished I had the money to buy him..wow..it was at the end of Day 1 of the sale and Pletcher was sitting in front of me when he bought him and he commented to a women with him that he was surprised that he went so cheap, but everyone had about left at that point...beautiful colt), Scat Daddy is by the brillaint Johannesburg (one of my personal faves) and out of a Mr. Prospector (leading broodmare sire in the world) mare.

I can't say enough about this one...

Scat Daddy's stablemate is MINEFIELD, who is also his workmate because they are both so fast. Minefield is a $400,000 yearling purchase by Silver Deputy, and he himself is a GREAT looking animal...very flashy looking and about took my breath away in the paddock (I was in the paddock) when he debuted at CD a few weeks ago. He absolutely crushed a full group of CD maidens with absolute ease by like 7-lengths without taking a deep breath.

I'm betting he is a sprinter/miler type like Napa Cat, but he is a serious talent and will be a top class performer....He is easily the best CD 2-year-old winner I've seen to date, although I think Napa Cat is as good. He'll be the favorite and horse to beat at CD in next month's Gr. III Bashford Manor on July 8th, where I'm sure Asmussen will probably run Napa Cat, too...and another decent little speedy colt named Run Alex Run will take a lot of money in that race if he points for it for trainer Jenks Fires.

Joel's Top 3 Juveniles: (as of 6/3)

(1) Scat Daddy
(2) Napa Cat
(3) Minefield

Does anyone else follow 2-year-olds as closely and have any opinions? Thoughts?

Cunnigham,
I saw all three and I thought Minefield was just crazy good. I know that Scta Daddy looks awesome as well, but I'm betting that before its all over that Minefield will be the more accomplished horse. That debut of his was just beyond words.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Cunnigham,
I saw all three and I thought Minefield was just crazy good. I know that Scta Daddy looks awesome as well, but I'm betting that before its all over that Minefield will be the more accomplished horse. That debut of his was just beyond words.

I have to agree with you on Minefield oracle. That one is going to be one heck of a horse. Of the three mentioned above, I like him the best too.

Unbridled
06-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Minefield is special. A horse that debuted at Keeneland that hasnt been talked about is One Good Yank. He ran one of the best 2yo races at the meet. Completely missed the break and won easily in hand. He'll be returning to the track soon.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Hey Gator, you and I have the same tastes in horses. Is it out of habit that you pick them out based on conformation because you just picked out two outstanding conformation examples in the breed? I do it too. LOL. Must be the background we come from. Mr. Livingston is about perfect, and I don't say that about too many horses.

Cunningham Racing
06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Cunnigham,

Yeah, it was very solid...these two work together in the mornings because they are easily Pletcher's fastest juveniles....Personally, I've seen them both work and go against each other and I believe Scat Daddy is a better animal but we'll see...he outworked Minefield twice at CD, which doesn't mean that he is necessarily better than Minefield in the afternoons though....they are both good animals...no doubt about it.

Watch out for Napa Cat...I really believe that he can beat Minefield in next month's Bashford Manor...we'll see

Cunningham Racing
06-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Minefield is special. A horse that debuted at Keeneland that hasnt been talked about is One Good Yank. He ran one of the best 2yo races at the meet. Completely missed the break and won easily in hand. He'll be returning to the track soon.

Agreed...he is a Yankee Victor colt that the Romans' barn is very high on and his debut was impressive...I think he was entered at CD and scratched for some reason a few weeks ago...

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey Gator, you and I have the same tastes in horses. Is it out of habit that you pick them out based on conformation because you just picked out two outstanding conformation examples in the breed? I do it too. LOL. Must be the background we come from. Mr. Livingston is about perfect, and I don't say that about too many horses.

It is out of habit. LOL I think his conformation helped him stay sound throughout his racing career... he raced until he was 7! :D

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 02:18 PM
It is out of habit. LOL I think his conformation helped him stay sound throughout his racing career... he raced until he was 7! :D

I posted some pictures of my boy Chucker in the "This is me..." thread. He is a very classy/elegant horse and has outstanding conformation too. Sadly, I am selling him because I am going to KY next year, and he is way too classy to be a lead pony. Otherwise, I would just take him with me.

Really, I wish all horses were built like Mr. Livingston. Less soundness issues. This boy has a great column of bone on his legs, and very clean conformation of the legs.

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 02:26 PM
I posted some pictures of my boy Chucker in the "This is me..." thread. He is a very classy/elegant horse and has outstanding conformation too. Sadly, I am selling him because I am going to KY next year, and he is way too classy to be a lead pony. Otherwise, I would just take him with me.

Really, I wish all horses were built like Mr. Livingston. Less soundness issues. This boy has a great column of bone on his legs, and very clean conformation of the legs.

I hope someday I can afford a nice mare... I would breed her to him in a heartbeat for that price ($3,500 stud fee.) He was a very consistent racehorse as well and I have heard he wasn't a "hot-headed" horse either. I suspect that his fee will go up soon. It's hard to believe that an El Prado like him has such an affordable stud fee.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah, it was very solid...these two work together in the mornings because they are easily Pletcher's fastest juveniles....Personally, I've seen them both work and go against each other and I believe Scat Daddy is a better animal but we'll see...he outworked Minefield twice at CD, which doesn't mean that he is necessarily better than Minefield in the afternoons though....they are both good animals...no doubt about it.

Watch out for Napa Cat...I really believe that he can beat Minefield in next month's Bashford Manor...we'll see

I have to agree with Mike (oracle) on this one. Minefield is very, very special. There is something about him. He is so impressive and classy. Someone is going to have to step up and beat him considerably for me to change my mind about him.

By the way, it is nice to have someone that is a prominent figure in horse racing posting on here giving us handicapping tips and insider information. Thanks! I hope to meet you one day.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I hope someday I can afford a nice mare... I would breed her to him in a heartbeat for that price ($3,500 stud fee.) He was a very consistent racehorse as well and I have heard he wasn't a "hot-headed" horse either. I suspect that his fee will go up soon. It's hard to believe that an El Prado like him has such an affordable stud fee.

Wow, only 3,500? For an El Prado? With looks like that? And a temperament to boot? Wow. I have got to invest in a racehorse. I'm already about ready to jump out of my seat to go to Kentucky, and that is a year away. College is so boring.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-05-2006, 02:41 PM
I've heard they look pretty nice, actually...He is a big question mark because he has a stellar pedigree, yet he was a turf miler who was top class but not on an elite level, and the American publis doesn't like to support turf horses....he deserves every chance to be a good stallion if he is getting the right book of mares....god knows that he is bred to be a good one..I usually don't like turf horses as stallions, but I'm really intrigued to see his babies...

...Further more, speaking of turf stallions, I am REALLY intrigued to see Powerscourt's babies....I think he is a great value at $12,500...
oh man i cant wait for those...what is your opinion of chesterhouse as a sire his stock seems to be doing well on turf or dirt,,,

Cunningham Racing
06-05-2006, 02:58 PM

CONFORMATION and SOUNDNESS are the best qualities about most El Prados...the ones I've been around were very sound, well-built animals...

Cunningham Racing
06-05-2006, 03:09 PM

The reason he stands so reasonably is the fact that he has no commerciability in terms of the what future horse buyers and bloodstock agents will be looking to purchase...the auction environment wants a faster, presocious-looking animal, and turf stallions struggle to survive in the American market, especially those that figure to produce routers and horses that won't produce their best until late in their racing careers.

It might be unfortunate, but true....

I believe Powerscourt is a prime example....he is a brilliant turf horse with top class ability, all-around credentials, regal pedigree, brialliant looks and good conformation - yet he is standing for $12,500 because nobody in this country will breed to a turf router and he need to stand for that to get a full book of mares....He would be standing in Europe with more racing success over there, but they never thought he was a good horse on that circuit and he ran his best races in America for one reason or another..

I'd breed to him with the right mare...

Also, aside from turf, you have great value stallions like Victory Gallop that can only stand for $10,000 because nobody wants top wait until 4-years-old for a good horse...they want speed and precociousness....but Victory Gallop gets a pretty solid and sound horse and doesn't get a great book of mares...you just have to be willing to wait on them to develop...

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
The reason he stands so reasonably is the fact that he has no commerciability in terms of the what future horse buyers and bloodstock agents will be looking to purchase...the auction environment wants a faster, presocious-looking animal, and turf stallions struggle to survive in the American market, especially those that figure to produce routers and horses that won't produce their best until late in their racing careers.

I believe Powerscourt is a prime example....he is a brilliant turf horse with top class ability, all-around credentials, regal pedigree, brialliant looks and good conformation - yet he is standing for $12,500 because nobody in this country will breed to a turf router and he need to stand for that to get a full book of mares....He would be standing in Europe with more racing success over there, but they never thought he was a good horse on that circuit and he ran his best races in America for one reason or another..

Also, aside from turf, you have great value stallions like Victory Gallop that can only stand for $10,000 because nobody wants top wait until 4-years-old for a good horse...they want speed and precociousness....but Victory Gallop gets a pretty solid and sound horse and doesn't get a great book of mares...you just have to be willing to wait on them to develop...

See this is a prime example in the fact that horse racing needs to change. You have the great Powerscourt standing for 12,500 dollars because owners don't want to wait for a horse to develop and mature. Most horses run best in their four year old years. That is because they are mentally and physically ready to meet the demands of rigorous racing and training. The handicap horses are my favorites, yet we rarely see any of our major two year old and three year old stars make it to the handicap division because most are retired or injured due to the demand of speed and precociousness. I'd much rather have a good three year old and four year old than a good two year old.

It also amazes me why in the world anyone would want to pay an outrageous stud fee for such an unsound horse as Ghostzapper, although he was very amazing. It makes no sense to me. His sire, Awesome Again, has a cheaper stud fee, and he is proven. I could go on and on about this sort of thing all day long. I'm a fan of the horses, and have realized that if racing wants to get where it needs to be, people/owners/trainers are going to have to realize that the horses must come first. That includes breeding sound horses who aren't ruined in their two and three year old years. I got way off topic didn't I?

Cajungator26
06-05-2006, 03:30 PM

What's amazing to me is that although he was mainly a turf horse, he also ran well on dirt. Lou Roe Farm's website has some video of his previous races on their site. I'm going to have to check out Powerscourt as well.

kentuckyrosesinmay
06-05-2006, 05:59 PM
CONFORMATION and SOUNDNESS are the best qualities about most El Prados...the ones I've been around were very sound, well-built animals...

That's one area that I can say I am an expert in...conformation analysis. However, it might be the only area...LOL.

Bogey
06-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Joel, What's up? I kind of like the race Run Alex Run ran in his debut. I'm also waiting for GunFight to start again. He show speed and should improve off that effort. I can't argue with your early selectionsThey ran the day after the Preakness. Gus

Cunningham Racing
06-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Joel, What's up? I kind of like the race Run Alex Run ran in his debut. I'm also waiting for GunFight to start again. He show speed and should improve off that effort. I can't argue with your early selectionsThey ran the day after the Preakness. Gus

Yeah Gus, that was a nice maiden race at CD...Bullara for Pletcher ran second to Run Alex Run and is a nice little horse too, although he isn't as good as Scat Daddy and Minefield form that barn IMO...Gunfight is a neat looking little colt for Asmussen, who thinks that Napa Cat is his best juvenile..Gunfight is okay and should win soon....Also, Pat Byrne has the favorite in that race..a horse by the name of Prodical Extreme..I think he ran fourth that day after setting the pace with Run Alex Run....I think Prodical Extreme is a good horse that has a few excuses to date and should improve as the distances get a little longer...don't forget about him either...

...but, that was a solid maiden race with potentially 4 very decent 2-year-olds, and Run Alex Run won it nicely. He is a fast colt and should be a nice sprinter, but I'm not sure how far he'll go...looks like a 6-7 furlong horse at best..kinda reminds me of Wildcat Shoes, who was another very fast 2-year-old from the Jenks Fires barn a few years back that carried the silks of Ms. Blass..