PDA

View Full Version : Yankees

oracle80
08-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Just in case you guys didn't notice, Yanks now lead the Red Sox by two games in the Al East!:)

SCUDSBROTHER
08-07-2006, 06:45 AM
Gander,you should have spent atleast 150 mil.Every tom,dick,n'jerry stray guy shows up in these odd cities to see "their team" the Red Sox.Must have huge merchandise money from selling these groupies their gear.I bet you Kev has some(and that's a good example=grew up in Virginia,but takes on the Redsox as his team.)I just don't see how the 2nd most popular team in the Nation can send that piece of trash Tavarez out there to try to keep the other team from walking off with a win.Just doesn't seem right when people spend a $100 or $200 on their gear to go to these games.Halos are the same way.Once you get past KROD you're gunna win,but they don't have the national following of the Yanks n' RSOX. Hard to be a fair rivalry with your team at 120mil,and the Yanks at 215 mil.Why didn't you guys try to buy those 2 relievers that Pittsburgh has? Your G.M. says he doesn't want to give up his young pitchers,but the Yanks will sell their young,and then go back and buy them back for 3x as much if they need to get them back.When you are the 2nd most popular team in America, it seems like ya should try to win now.Of course it doesn't work,and the YANKS will get run over in the post by one of the hot teams this year,but atleast you should spend some dough to try to hang with them.

oracle80
08-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Gander,you should have spent atleast 150 mil.Every tom,dick,n'jerry stray guy shows up in these odd cities to see "their team" the Red Sox.Must have huge merchandise money from selling these groupies their gear.I bet you Kev has some(and that's a good example=grew up in Virginia,but takes on the Redsox as his team.)I just don't see how the 2nd most popular team in the Nation can send that piece of trash Tavarez out there to try to keep the other team from walking off with a win.Just doesn't seem right when people spend a $100 or $200 on their gear to go to these games.Halos are the same way.Once you get past KROD you're gunna win,but they don't have the national following of the Yanks n' RSOX. Hard to be a fair rivalry with your team at 120mil,and the Yanks at 215 mil.Why didn't you guys try to buy those 2 relievers that Pittsburgh has? Your G.M. says he doesn't want to give up his young pitchers,but the Yanks will sell their young,and then go back and buy them back for 3x as much if they need to get them back.When you are the 2nd most popular team in America, it seems like ya should try to win now.Of course it doesn't work,and the YANKS will get run over in the post by one of the hot teams this year,but atleast you should spend some dough to try to hang with them.

BoSox will take back a game on the Yanks this week, maybe 2 games. Yanks have to play ChiSox and Angels. Bosox get Royals and Orioles. Yanks need to split the 6 games and have Boston go 5-1 to stay tied for the lead. After that Boston plays a tough stretch and the Yanks play an easy stretch. Thats where the Yanks will insert the knife and twist it and open up the lead once and for all.

Gander
08-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Well we couldnt beat Tampa in this weekend's series and I dont see Baltimore being any easier. I dont care who we play right now, we flat out stink except for Ortiz. And yes I did notice the lead is 2 and I am not all that optimistic things will turn around just because we are playing 2 teams under .500.
I am hoping we can stay 1-2 games back until we play you guys again and then just hope we get up for those always big games. Going to be fun.

oracle80
08-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Well we couldnt beat Tampa in this weekend's series and I dont see Baltimore being any easier. I dont care who we play right now, we flat out stink except for Ortiz. And yes I did notice the lead is 2 and I am not all that optimistic things will turn around just because we are playing 2 teams under .500.
I am hoping we can stay 1-2 games back until we play you guys again and then just hope we get up for those always big games. Going to be fun.
Tim as long as you guys keep swinging the bat you have a shot. Either way unless either the Yanks or Chisox get out the broom and pull a sweep, you will gain in the wildcard race as long as you go at least 2-1 with Kc. You ain't done yet.