PDA

View Full Version : MTR 8/6/06 Picks

tanner12oz
08-05-2006, 06:41 PM
i dont post picks very often but i looked over the card pretty good for tomorrow so heres my picks.....

Race 1- #1 Meadow Breeze/#8 Change Up/#2 Forceful Jab

Race 2- #7 Outcashem/#1 Slam Bammy/#9 Bernie Blue

Race 3- #9 Beautiful Bets/#4 Bullcat/#5 Hot Storm

Race 4- #6 Air Lord/#4 Gonzo Bonzo Beans/#10 DaTrick (#2 No Lac Of Zip-Longshot)

Race 5-#1 Radiant Avie.Rus De Reves/#11 Stella Blue/#3 Cat ALert

Race 6- #1 Gaff/#5 P.Kerney/#7 Yucatan (#3 Wild Tale-Boosts Exotics)

Race 7- #2 Real Dandy/#6 Cherokee Boy/#4 Halos Sailing Sain

Race 8- #1 Flashy Bull...High Finance/#10 Luxenburg/#3 Circle The World

Race 9- #11 British BLue/#12 Touched By Madness/#3 Senor Swinger

Good Luck!

GPK
08-05-2006, 06:44 PM
i dont post picks very often but i looked over the card pretty good for tomorrow so heres my picks.....

Race 1- #1 Meadow Breeze/#8 Change Up/#2 Forceful Jab

Race 2- #7 Outcashem/#1 Slam Bammy/#9 Bernie Blue

Race 3- #9 Beautiful Bets/#4 Bullcat/#5 Hot Storm

Race 4- #6 Air Lord/#4 Gonzo Bonzo Beans/#10 DaTrick (#2 No Lac Of Zip-Longshot)

Race 5-#1 Radiant Avie.Rus De Reves/#11 Stella Blue/#3 Cat ALert

Race 6- #1 Gaff/#5 P.Kerney/#7 Yucatan (#3 Wild Tale-Boosts Exotics)

Race 7- #2 Real Dandy/#6 Cherokee Boy/#4 Halos Sailing Sain

Race 8- #1 Flashy Bull...High Finance/#10 Luxenburg/#3 Circle The World

Race 9- #11 British BLue/#12 Touched By Madness/#3 Senor Swinger

Good Luck!

Pray for Ozzie bro....hurt in the 2nd tonight...didn't look good

MinnSkinny
08-05-2006, 07:16 PM
What happened pro? I saw he was a scratch. Loading incident? Man I hope he's allright.

1st_Saturday_in_May
08-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Here are my thoughts of Mountaineers card. Looks like a very good one.

R1 : Mnr Juvenile Fillies (6f, 2yo F)
Strong 2/1 ML favorite is Heiligbrodt/Blasi's Appealing Zophie who won a MSW at Kee by 10 1/2 lengths on April 20. Question is - where the hell has she been since? Cant think that this race was the ultimate goal and I'm not sure that she'll be fully cranked. Flint's Change Up (3/1) is a stronger choice IMO having posted Beyers of 80 & 74 in two starts. Of the locals, the #1 Meadow Breeze (5/1) is most likely with a nice win at Mountainner on July 16. I'll try to beat the favorite in here with those two.

R2 : WV Legislature Chairmans Cup (4.5f)
Outcashem is 4/5 and deserves to be. I just cant see him losing this race. His early cruising speed should put him in front and he has won 6 in a row and won this last year. Caller One (6/1) is a bit intruiging running for the 4th time in 4 years. Comes out of the Rocket Man at Calder and could prove useful in a closing role. Also considering Mountaineer favorite Bernie Blue (6/1) but the far outside post is a deterrent.

R3 : WV Secretary of State (6f, F&M)
The class is Hot Storm (8/5) and she could run and hide and the speed figures indicate shes the best, but thats no fun! She's That Cat (6/1) is undefeated at Mountaineer (5 for 5) and Beautiful Bets (6/1) are logical alternates.

R4 : Mnr Juvenile (6f)
Pletcher sends down Air Lord (9/2) and he looks much the best. I'll be trying to beat Datrick (5/2) who it seems has been burned out already but will take money having already won a Grade III. Seems to be a lot of pace involved here but none of the closers look like much.

R5 : WV Senate Presidents BC (8f, turf, F&M)
Lady Grace (5/2) won this last year, is 10-19 at Mountaineer, and looks strong. If she puts up a 98 Beyer like she did in 05, then the rest are looking for 2nd. The entry (3/1) looks like Radiant Avie could bully the favorite early and Rue des Reves could try to sneak up late. Stella Blue (9/2) won a Grade 3 in France but could be wide from the outside in this 2 turn race.

R6 : Harvey Arneault Mem BC (6f)
The fun starts. Have followed Wild Tale (8/1) for a while and this spot is as good for any for him. Closing style should help with J Town, On the River, and P. Kerney liking the front. Gaff (8/5) has had two tough trips in two post-Dubai starts and if he can replicate the 111 he put up when he won the Mr. Prospector he will be well clear.

R7 : WV Governers Cup (8.5f)
Going big against the favorite Dont Get Mad (5/2) in here. He was off for a long time (10 months) and was working regularly for his return at his favorite track, yet he showed nothing. Cherokee's Boy doesnt seem to get it done against this class but I love the horse and he's consistent as hell. Real Dandy is a big question mark. Ran the race of his life last summer at Mnr but is as up and down as they come. Halos Sailing Sain (8/1) should get a nice trip from behind the leaders.

R8 : WV Derby (9f)
Cant make heads or tails of this race. Flashy Bull is the type of horse that really pisses me off because his class indicates he's one of the best (if not the best) but he just doesnt run 1st or 2nd. Bright One (4/1) is being touted as 'the next big thing' but having drawn the rail he'll need a great trip and could get used up. Lots of pace here with the 1a, 2, 7, 9, & 10. I think More than Regal (6/1) is strong from the Blasi barn as is Circle the World (6/1) and the part of the entry should be around late. For a longshot I like Zito's Regent Spirit (20/1) to pull a Hemingway's Key like move and fill in underneath.

R9 : WV House of Delegates Speakers Cup (8f, turf)
Buckeye Buddy (6/1), Touched by Madness (4/1), and Senor Swinger (3/1) in the box if I have any money left.

tanner12oz
08-07-2006, 07:01 AM
i was in the ballbark for most of the picks.....no huge winners or anything but enough to give ya confidence that you at least have some kinda clue as to what your doing.......great day at the track though. hot sun pretty girls. love the new duquesne mascot....you guys aint screwin around anymore

1st_Saturday_in_May
08-07-2006, 10:11 AM
i was in the ballbark for most of the picks.....no huge winners or anything but enough to give ya confidence that you at least have some kinda clue as to what your doing.......great day at the track though. hot sun pretty girls. love the new duquesne mascot....you guys aint screwin around anymore

Yeah they're trying to turn things around which is pretty cool. I'll cheer for the teams and maybe go to a few games but deep down I'll always be a Pitt fan. My WV Derby Day sounds a lot like yours. Hit the exacta in the 2nd (payed a whopping $11 for $2 :eek: ) and hit the early Pick 3 and was helped by Pletcher's horse stumbling to make the payoff worthwhile. Missed the exactas in the 6th and 9th by 3/4 of a length each and came up totally blank in the Derby. No way I thought Cielo Gold would get 2nd. I had Bright One over Circle the World, Regent Spirit, Luxembourg, and High Blues who finished 7th, 8th, 5th, and 9th. Oops. Left with more money than I went with tough, so it wasnt bad.

tanner12oz
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
had air lord not stumbled out of the gate he would have romped the field.....i cant even believe he made it that close

1st_Saturday_in_May
08-07-2006, 10:46 PM
had air lord not stumbled out of the gate he would have romped the field.....i cant even believe he made it that close

Yeah that was a very big effort from him. Was much the best horse in the race. Not even sure what I liked in the winner - kind of a mix between the pedigree, owner, trainer, and I liked his last and speed was holding well. Kind of a lucky guess because I really should have singled Air Lord.