PDA

View Full Version : Is Tiger on cruise control or what??

somerfrost
08-05-2006, 05:50 PM
66-66-66...minus 18 and a two stroke lead over a virtual "who's who" of golf! What game is he playing? Obviously it's a game no one else is familiar with!

Gander
08-06-2006, 07:43 AM
He got a little help on 18 to make that birdie when his drive "hit" a spectator and somehow bounced right into the fairway. Could have been a potential bogie or at best a par, still though the guy is a freak and I am sure that 1 or 2 strokes isnt going to matter when he wins by 4 or 5 today.

Go Tiger! :p

timmgirvan
08-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Just a thought...if Tiger wins today...could it be that worrying about his Dad for 2 years caused the lull in his performance?? I mean he is #1 again even though he struggled at times...but what if?

SCUDSBROTHER
08-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Just a thought...if Tiger wins today...could it be that worrying about his Dad for 2 years caused the lull in his performance?? I mean he is #1 again even though he struggled at times...but what if?

Nothing is the same for a month before or after you lose somebody close like that.His pops was sick for a long time,and I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger progresses to the same form he showed when he won 4 majors in a row.That is what I expect.

somerfrost
08-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Nothing is the same for a month before or after you lose somebody close like that.His pops was sick for a long time,and I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger progresses to the same form he showed when he won 4 majors in a row.That is what I expect.

He is simply the best...a fourth 66 today for what he made look like an easy 2 stroke win! This against a great field! He rests a week then tries for another major. Youngest player ever (by years) to 50 wins!

Gander
08-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I should have bet Tiger instead of the Running Dog and Artie Schiller.

I knew humans were more dependable. Especially Tiger Woods, my favorite professional athlete ever. Hes insane.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-06-2006, 06:30 PM

I knew humans were more dependable. Especially Tiger Woods, my favorite professional athlete ever. Hes insane.

Don't know about that.You lick Federer's stuff just as much don't you?

Gander
08-06-2006, 08:08 PM
No way Scuds. Federer is a great talent but to be honest I havent liked anybody better in tennis than Andre Agassi. I am in awe of Federer but dont think of him as my favorite player. I like watching Federer as I do Nadal.
Those 2 together in another final at the US Open and I may cream my pants (over the tennis, not the guys playing).

Tiger is my favorite athlete, has been for some time.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-07-2006, 12:20 AM
My favorite athlete changes daily.It is the Halo starter that can go 7 or 8 innings(while holding a lead,)and keep those crappy middle relievers off the mound for as long as possible.Yesterday it was Santana,and today it was Saunders(guy is getting better n' better.)..LOL..FAVORITE ATHLETE...I think this is where we differ, Gander.I would be totally bored watching Tiger win today.It was not enough of a competition to interest me.I like to watch a good competitive game.I guess right now,my favorite athletes would be the Halo n' A's ballplayers.They put on a very tight competive show almost each time they play.The Oakland/Seattle game got a little interesting in the last 2 innings.

whorstman
08-07-2006, 06:12 PM

That's a good one. I think Tiger is more safe in a field of 100, than Artie in a field of 5. LOL

Gander
08-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Tiger more safe than a Dog? Yup.

And Scuds, you probably like watching Nadal play Federer. Tennis doesnt get any better than those two going at it. I like competition as well, but we get a rare chance to see a guy like Tiger about once in a lifetime. There are a few Phils and Ernies and Vijays, but only one Tiger.

MinnSkinny
08-07-2006, 06:31 PM
This is just like our Fathers or Grandfathers got to see (or read about) when Hogan kicked butt in "53, a spectacle to watch. Love him or hate him ( I am a T fan big time) you are seeing something people will write about 100 years from now...........not that we'll be around to prove it..................kinda like Seabiscuit or Man 'O War, etc.

GPK
08-07-2006, 06:32 PM
He's more special than anyone can really imagine. I have said it before...when you are at that level and your peers are in awe of you...

Gander
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Same thing with Federer in tennis. When Pete Sampras said Roger Federer was the best talent hes ever seen (5 years ago after Sampras beat Federer in Australia), you have to take listen.

notyep59
08-08-2006, 10:58 AM
"you lick federer's stuff just as much, don't you?"

no offense gander, but that was funny right there, i don't care who you are.

somerfrost
08-08-2006, 11:55 AM
So many folks see something special and all they can do is find fault....Woods doesn't win from behind that often, Secretariat lost some races, Kincsem didn't run against household names, Jordan didn't score as much as Wilt, Babe Ruth struck out a lot, Dale Earnhart didn't have a great record at Daytona...sometimes, you just sit back and watch greatness...it doesn't require analysis or a critical eye...you just enjoy it and realize how lucky you are to see it!!

SCUDSBROTHER
08-08-2006, 12:35 PM
My favorite tournaments to watch are the ones that Tiger has to battle his hardest to pull off.The ones where his game is probably 90%.Like the 2005 Masters(Di Marco playoff,)and the tournament this year at Torrey Pines(OLAZABAL/Nathan Green? playoff.)Also the PGA playoff win against Bob May.That's when I like to watch Tiger(I don't get much out of him destroying a field..seems others do enjoy that.)

SCUDSBROTHER
08-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Kev,did you say Tiger was paying 40% back on your money at Pinnacle before last Sunday's round? That was the best bet I have ever heard of.He has won now for the 29th straight time when he has gone into the final round with the sole possession lead(he had not 1 shot,but 2 shots on Sunday.)I have 10k that should be 14k.Sometimes,betting horses for 25 years,can make ya a scared little btch.We all could have afforded to turn 1k into $1400 though.No,we didn't want that did we Kev? What's $400??...Oh,just over a 100 GALLONS OF FREE FKN GAS..... G' DAMN IT!!

Gander
08-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Some of us thought Running Dog was a better bet Scuds! Tiger doesnt win from behind and I am sure thats going to tarnish his genius. I am an idiot for not making the Tiger bet.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Some of us thought Running Dog was a better bet Scuds! Tiger doesnt win from behind and I am sure thats going to tarnish his genius. I am an idiot for not making the Tiger bet.

You and Mickelson are both idiots?You don't have manbreasts and smile at the blowing wind do ya?Hope not.