PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer 8/5 early DD

Byebyemermaid
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
The first race is 2 year old madens with 1st time starters so we'll have to spread.The 4 is brought here by Miguel(light my fire) Feliciano who always means business when he ships in.The 5 has an August 2nd gate work of 35.2 breezzing out of the gate.The 6 has his last 2 works from the gate which i have always felt is important for 2 year olds.The 8 has a bullet work his last and comes from a sharp barn.In the 2nd which is slated for the turf the 10 should clear having the fastest 1st quarters of anyone and open a clear lead going 5 furlongs.I'm THROWING HER OUT..Her problem is her quarters always get slower after that and there are horses that can stay close enough to her to eat her up in the stretch.The 6 is one of them and is dropping back to 5k claimers.The other horse i'll use is the 2.I don't know when her only grass race was but she's bred on both sides for grass.After not winning a race in 17 starts last year she's turned it around this year.If you throw out her 1st race back and her last going 2 turns she's been on the board in all her starts.The bet 4,5,6,8/2,6.Good luck.

pgardn
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Damn you hit that 8 in the first. That daily double would have been a monster. 310 bucks with the 7 in the second... Damn close.