PDA

View Full Version : Yanks and Sox both win

oracle80
08-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Neither team looked great getting the job done but both managed to get it done. Still a one game lead for the Yanks.

Gander
08-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Uggggh Mike! I was in Gaffneys saying hello to Chano and boom, Posada hits one to the moon. The whole place goes nuts. Except of course for Gander! Then we leave and by the time we get home Yanks already shaking hands.

But at least wehave Pappi and a nice performance by Schilling.

oracle80
08-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Uggggh Mike! I was in Gaffneys saying hello to Chano and boom, Posada hits one to the moon. The whole place goes nuts. Except of course for Gander! Then we leave and by the time we get home Yanks already shaking hands.

But at least wehave Pappi and a nice performance by Schilling.

Tim the Yanks stranded about 15 baserunners that I can remember. Their win should never have been only one run.
Its really cool to see Sam Perlozzo with a big league managing job. I hope they keep him eve though the Orioles are down now. Perlozzo started out managing a class A ball team in central New York, a farm team in the New york Penn League, the Little Falls Mets. Obviously a Mets farm club.
This would have been in the early to mid 80's, someplace in there. Little Falls is a very small town with a beautiful field of dreams type ball park. I spent all my summers there with my grandparents and went to all the games. Sam was really as well liked as any manager they ever had. A very nice guy, and real nice to kids. I got to see a lot of great players when they were just kids. The Mets players would be in arcades playing video games all day just like kids. Young kids really looked up to them and they would give us quarters to play games or buy us slush puppies.
Coolest thing ever was meeting John Elway when he played a summer with the Yankees farm club from Oneonta one summer. He was just standing there outside his teams dugout and I asked him for his autograph and called him Mr Elway. He smiled wide and said "Mr. Elway?" then he grabbed his teammates and made em all sign my program. He was about the nicest guy you ever could meet and not at all arrogant. I rooted for him his whole NFL career and was overjoyed when he won his first super bowl. A lot of other great players came through town as well.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-05-2006, 06:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=260805101

I thought when Mike said they left 15 runners on base,that they might lose today.Almost a sure sign of a flat offensive performance coming(a high LOB #.)A 1 HITTER THOUGH?I was looking at the last 3 outs.Here is what 60 million gets ya:

D Jeter struck out swinging.
B Abreu struck out looking.
A Rodriguez fouled out to first.