PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers?

Gander
08-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Who can figure this team out? They lose 13 of 14 games after the all star game, and snap out of that bad run with their current 7 game win streak to get right back into the thick of things.

Red Sox again saved by Ortiz hitting 2 home runs. Nice outing by Schilling after that disaster last week against Cleveland.

Yanks win with Posada hitting an absolute monster home run in Camden Yards. I was standing exactly where he hit that ball 1 week ago when I saw the Orioles play the White Sox. Thats a long ball, guys like Thome and Frank Thomas have hit them there, but not too many others. Posada has exceptional bat speed.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Who can figure this team out? They lose 13 of 14 games after the all star game, and snap out of that bad run with their current 7 game win streak to get right back into the thick of things.

Red Sox again saved by Ortiz hitting 2 home runs. Nice outing by Schilling after that disaster last week against Cleveland.

Yanks win with Posada hitting an absolute monster home run in Camden Yards. I was standing exactly where he hit that ball 1 week ago when I saw the Orioles play the White Sox. Thats a long ball, guys like Thome and Frank Thomas have hit them there, but not too many others. Posada has exceptional bat speed.

Far as Dodgers go,wait until they beat somebody they stink against..CARDS(they must be done playing these people,)Mets,Padres,Giants,Phillies.Cincy doesn't much count(pigs with lipstick on.)Atleast they are beating somebody/anybody on the road.Bringing Betemit over has miraculously gotten his mighty mouse friend Furcal to finally hit.All of the sudden, Lowe decided there was something to pitch for(I guess..damn freak.)If they won't do it for themselves,then maybe they decided to do it for the father figure(Maddux.)They sure didn't care about doing it for Grady(more like a grandpa figure with food stains on his sweatshirt,and a bad hearing aid.)

31lengths
08-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Scuds.

Im sure you're familiar with this site. I love/hate it.

http://dodgerblues.com

SCUDSBROTHER
08-05-2006, 02:14 PM
http://www.chavezlatrine.com/

How 'bout those post cards huh? LOL..I like the neutral grey background.Nice design.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Dodgers already up by 5 before I can even get the tube on to watch them.Triple by mighty mouse.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-06-2006, 02:39 AM
Sunday's game should end the winning streak(Hendricksen is crap compared to Olsen.)If not,then I will be very surprised.Sele,Penney,Maddux,Lowe,and Billingsley all had known potential to pitch well.Hendricksen is a 4-12 pitcher,and he has not won a game since coming to the Dodgers on 6/31.The Dodgers have only won 1 of the 6 starts he has had,and he got a no decision in that game.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Ethier starts the day with a double.That is one HOT ROOKIE.He would be leading the National League in average,and be 2nd in all the majors in average,if he had enough at bats to qualify.Very similiar to the way Bernie Williams looks at the plate,and in the field.Probably a better fielder than Williams though.Dodgers got him for maniac Milton Bradley.Dodgers load bases with no outs,and get nothing.I know those guys.Where they been?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7710

SCUDSBROTHER
08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
You know when a guy named Tobey Hall gets a pitch right down Broadway(and actually nails it into the gap) to score runs 6 and 7,then you know you got some damn nice Karma going.Actually,here is where the trades worked.Lugo had a totally professional at bat(to walk in a run,)and Betemit got a single with the bases loaded.I'll tell ya though.Lugo's walk was with the bases loaded,1 out,and the Dodgers down 3-1.To me,that pitch he got a walk on was strike 3.For them to get that break is pretty representative of a team that is going well.I think that got called a ball because Lugo had shown such great control at laying off pitches that dove out of the strike zone very late(takes very good reflexes to see that, and hold up.)I think umps are sometimes impressed enough by that to give the batter the benefit of the doubt on a close pitch.That was a huge point in the game.9 IN A ROW.CRAZY SUN BEES.