PDA

View Full Version : test stakes

hoovesupsideyourhead
08-05-2006, 07:32 AM
here is who i like ...swap fliparoo..getting better ..gets a break today ..with misty rosette and capot crown...good luck..hooves..also look for horses on the card getting back on short rest.....in the whitney its flower/invise/survi..sunking...in that order..imo..:cool: :cool: :cool:

TheSpyder
08-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Looked at this race for some time as well as watched several replays.

First point is whether the track favors speed or not. That will be vital. If it's a fair track, I don't see how the speed will hold up. It's just gonna be too quick especially at 7f so I agree with you with Swap Fliparoo. The horse has a first and second out of two tries at Toga and won at the distance.

My play is to box her Wild Gams and Livermore Valley. Both those two will be charging FAST at the end.

Spyder from SC

GPK
08-05-2006, 08:29 AM
here is who i like ...swap fliparoo..getting better ..gets a break today ..with misty rosette and capot crown...good luck..hooves..also look for horses on the card getting back on short rest.....in the whitney its flower/invise/survi..sunking...in that order..imo..:cool: :cool: :cool:

Matt....I agree with you on Misty Rosette....I like her alot in this spot today.

Gander
08-05-2006, 08:57 AM
There are several horses capable of being on the lead and all very capable of staying there until the end. Its anyone's guess who makes the lead, whoever has the cleanest break. Misty Rosette, Hello Liberty, Win McCool and Livermore Valley are all canindates of being in front.

A lot of people automatically didsmiss the speed types in races like this because there are so many, but I think thats a dangerous proposition. Some jockeys are told to take back and if one of these horses goes out with designs on the lead and breaks clean, it could be good night to the rest of the field. I am looking for the best speed horse.

johnny pinwheel
08-05-2006, 12:17 PM
There are several horses capable of being on the lead and all very capable of staying there until the end. Its anyone's guess who makes the lead, whoever has the cleanest break. Misty Rosette, Hello Liberty, Win McCool and Livermore Valley are all canindates of being in front.

A lot of people automatically didsmiss the speed types in races like this because there are so many, but I think thats a dangerous proposition. Some jockeys are told to take back and if one of these horses goes out with designs on the lead and breaks clean, it could be good night to the rest of the field. I am looking for the best speed horse.
agreed, win mccool will be overlooked big time at a big price. run into the ground at 6f last time, has held better at 7f. logically that makes me like hello liberty also. shes been tackling the best in the division. the witney, i have to go with invasor. flower alley may be better but not at 6-5. what a card, what a beautiful day, this is what saratoga is all about . good luck , clean out the windows !

Rupert Pupkin
08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Matt....I agree with you on Misty Rosette....I like her alot in this spot today.
We actually tried to buy Misty Rosette after her first race. It's so tough to buy horses privately these days. You would have thought we could have gotten her for $300,000 off a maden win at Calder. She was only a $15,000 yearling purchase. Anyway, Chapman wanted $700,000 for her but said he "might be willing to take $500,000 if the deal was right".

There was no way we were going to pay that much for a maiden win at Calder. There was another 2 year old maiden race that same day for colts at Calder and the winner of that race ran a full second faster than Misty Rosette. I figured that might get us a better price on Misty Rosette but it didn't. I knew that other horse who ran a full second faster wasn't any good. I had no interest in him. He had a really short and ugly stride and he never switched leads.

I like Misty Rosette today but I am a little nervous about her coming back so soon. She just ran 13 days ago.

TheSpyder
08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
The Swap Monster strikes.....hope you had him Hooves. And for those that said the fast pace would hold...even with one pace horse it was too much and fell apart. If McCool and the other horse got out it would have fell apart even more.

Anyway, I had him...

hoovesupsideyourhead
08-05-2006, 07:17 PM
well after the race i was just pissed...sammy the placing judge at toga was saying how well the arlington horse was doing..that super payed well....3 of 4..is all i could get.......good luck hooves//:cool: :cool: :cool:

Gander
08-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Nice pick Hooves, I liked Swap a bit too but stupid me wasnt satisfied with 5/1 and had to find a bomb who did zero running.

GPK
08-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Nice pick Hooves, I liked Swap a bit too but stupid me wasnt satisfied with 5/1 and had to find a bomb who did zero running.

Tim...If I had listened to you, who liked Swap....Scavs loved Original Spin and I loved Misty Rosette.....damn...thats a $17K trifecta.....

GPK
08-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Tim...If I had listened to you, who liked Swap....Scavs loved Original Spin and I loved Misty Rosette.....damn...thats a $17K trifecta.....

the more I think about that tim...the more that p*sses me off

Gander
08-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Well Hooves really liked Swap. To me she was very logical in that she had a win over the track and it looked well suited for her pacewise. But stupid idiot me takes Win McCool because she also had a win over the track and was very quick.

Still convinced Original Spin would not have been there unless Win McCool got left like she did and hence applied no pace pressure.

GPK
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Well Hooves really liked Swap. To me she was very logical in that she had a win over the track and it looked well suited for her pacewise. But stupid idiot me takes Win McCool because she also had a win over the track and was very quick.

Still convinced Original Spin would not have been there unless Win McCool got left like she did and hence applied no pace pressure.

The fact is that we liked the 3 horses that made up a $17K trifecta and none of us won a single dime.

pgardn
08-05-2006, 09:05 PM
here is who i like ...swap fliparoo..getting better ..gets a break today ..with misty rosette and capot crown...good luck..hooves.

Hope you made that bet hooves. How often do you see a horse go to the rail in late stretch to get the win... Ole Ebar got her through.