PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam!!!

oracle80
08-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Nice job Indians.

oracle80
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Beckett sucks by the way just so you know!:)

GPK
08-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Beckett sucks by the way just so you know!:)

since when does 13-5 suck?

Gander
08-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh ya? Giambi juices still! So whats your point?

How else would that animal be able to hit so many HRs? Hes good at 2 things:
Lying and sticking needles up his ass.

If Beckett sucks, then how has he won 13 games this year?

GPK
08-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Mike knows that Beckett doesn't suck...hes is just trying to be like Bold Ruler and start stupid sh*t...LOL

Gander
08-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Huckabee? I wish they called that strike 3 on him, 2 pitches before the double play. That was a perfect strike.

Should have scored more than 2 runs with bases loaded 0 outs, but I guess 2 is better than nothing.

We're within striking distance..

oracle80
08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Mike knows that Beckett doesn't suck...hes is just trying to be like Bold Ruler and start stupid sh*t...LOL
lol, actually I was bored and trying to draw you guys out so we could chat. Glad it worked!!

oracle80
08-03-2006, 08:18 PM
You guys see that great double play by the Sox? Awesome.

oracle80
08-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Gnader by the way Beckett's ERA was perilously close to 5 before tonight's game and tonights outing didn't help. You can't point to Clemens lousy run support and his great ERA as evidence that hes still great and dismiss guys like Beckett who obviously are quite lucky to have the record they do. He made the Indians look like murderer's row tonight. His ERA is about 5, yes he is definitely a guy with a counterfeit win loss record that doesnt tell the story(a la Clemens) about how he is really pitching, which is very bad.

Gander
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I'll be the first to admit Clemens is the best pitcher of our time by a lot. Not even close. The only one with near his talent is Pedro and he has head problems. Schilling is a great competitor and knows how to win games and does whatever needed to do so, even if it means playing hurt and getting shelled. Becketts a very good pitcher too, fits in that next category with guys like Oswalt, Willis, Mussina.

oracle80
08-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Tim, Maddux has a no no through 6. He has never thrown one, I'm cheering for him.

oracle80
08-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Tim are you guys gonna do it again? Looks like you will be down one going into the last inning. It would be kind of incredible if you came back for the third time in 4 games in the 9th inning.

Gander
08-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I love Greg Maddux and it would make my night. I'm rooting hard.

As far as the Sox go, I cant take many more of these finishes! All of them have happened while on national TV too. Coincidence?

oracle80
08-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I love Greg Maddux and it would make my night. I'm rooting hard.

As far as the Sox go, I cant take many more of these finishes! All of them have happened while on national TV too. Coincidence?

DAMN! Maddux is chasing a no no and I dont have the major league package with all the games on tv. I can't see the damn thing.

Gander
08-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Looks like a rain delay, middle of 7th. 6 more outs to go!

oracle80
08-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I know this sucks. Looks like a rain delay now.
DAMN DAMN DAMN!!! I can't watch the damn thing. I'm gonna be hitting refresh on ESPN.com and watching little green and red and yellow dots light up.

oracle80
08-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Ha ha, I'm doing the same thing.
Pathetic isn't it? Two grown men(I bet Gander is doing the same thing) hitting refresh over and over again to try and follow a no hitter.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Maddux ain't gunna pitch anymore.F';N BEIMEL NOW.

Balletto
08-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Oh my... I need to start hanging out here! Two men after my heart... talking baseball like this!

oracle80
08-04-2006, 09:27 AM
In all honesty I would expect that Boston would retake the lead sometime next week. Both the Yanks and Boston play creampuffs this weekend but next week the Yanks have the Angels and Chisox and Boston has hapless Kansas City and Baltimore. Maybe tied or Boston by a game after next week. The next series after that are Boston with 4 games against Detriot and Yanks with Baltimore. I predict at that stage the Yanks take the lead for good and never look back.

Gander
08-04-2006, 09:40 AM
The way we've been playing lately, we'll have trouble beating the creampuffs. Cant remember the last time we beat a team by more than 1 run with late heroics.

We get 15 hits off the same pitcher and cant get a win last night?

I have faith that we'll get things together by the time we play you guys in a couple of weeks. That series obviously will be huge, especially if one team sweeps the other.

Win lose or draw, I am so pumped for the remainder of baseball season!

oracle80
08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
The way we've been playing lately, we'll have trouble beating the creampuffs. Cant remember the last time we beat a team by more than 1 run with late heroics.

We get 15 hits off the same pitcher and cant get a win last night?

I have faith that we'll get things together by the time we play you guys in a couple of weeks. That series obviously will be huge, especially if one team sweeps the other.

Win lose or draw, I am so pumped for the remainder of baseball season!

Well Tim I have to be honest, I think its better to lose like you guys are getting 10 and 15 hits then it is to lose scoring 1 or 2 runs a game. As long as the bats are working you always have a chance to beat anyone.
I think your pitchers are worse than you acknowledge. Your two aces have been blessed all year with tremendous run support which has misled many into believing they are as strong as their win loss records say they are. I disagree. I have watched Beckett pitch and he gets hard even in wins. Schilling has been pitching great games in terms of being crafty and cagey but his velocity has dropped and guys can sit lonnger on his fastballs and it shows. Hes ok when he is ahead of the count, but when he is behind in the count and they can guess fastball with reasonable certainty they are getting a good enough look to tee off with a good swing. He is not gonna blow the ball by you anymore on most nights.
But as long as you keep hitting the ball you will hang in there in contention.

Gander
08-04-2006, 09:48 AM
I'll agree with that. Schilling isnt dominant like he use to be. Its amazing how much run support he has gotten, not just this year but the last two in Boston as well. Had to be a "selling point" when they recruited him. But I will take a guy who has so much desire to win over a guy with more talent but weird stuff going on upstairs like Pedro.

oracle80
08-04-2006, 10:02 AM
I'll agree with that. Schilling isnt dominant like he use to be. Its amazing how much run support he has gotten, not just this year but the last two in Boston as well. Had to be a "selling point" when they recruited him. But I will take a guy who has so much desire to win over a guy with more talent but weird stuff going on upstairs like Pedro.

I think that the Yankees horrendous injuries were the greatest thing that ever happened to them. The problem with a big payroll "all star" lineup has been that the last few years they didn't play fundamental baseball at all. Everyone just swung for the fences and played lax defense. I think the pitchers have really gotten sharp mentally during the injury span because they have focus and intensity from start to finish as they can't count on all those runs. Its shows in their performances nows. In addition they play old fashioned run manufacturing baseball with more hit and runs, steals, and sac flies. I think too many stars has the effect of causing everyone(except the incredible Jeter) to kind of feel like they don't have to step up because someone else will do it.
After two months of playing with Crosby, Guile, Phillips, Cairo, etc, it really made them tough. Once Cano gets back its gonna be scary. And of course now Sheff and Matsui can come back in September instead of pushing to be ready if they aren't in August with the addition of Abreu to plug the hole.

Gander
08-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Abreu was a great pick up. Hes been one of the most underrated players in MLB the last few years. Good attitude as well. I like him.