PDA

View Full Version : SAR: Day 8 (Sort of..)

Kasept
08-03-2006, 04:59 AM
A bizarre and surreal scene Wednesday at the Spa as hundreds of people were dazed and confused upon the cancellation of racing.. a first in Saratoga history. It was the right decision.

Thursday, the potential for heavy weather makes the 8 race thoroughbred card (jumpers in the 1st) a dicey proposition. Slop/off the turf is a distinct possibility...

SELECTIONS -- Saratoga, Thursday, August 4, 2006

1st: Jumpers

2nd: MSW, 2yo fillies, 5f

1. #2 Seaside Affair 2-1: Frankel via Kenneally; Just missed in wide trip bow
2. #6 Cherokee Sheik 5-2: Mott-Zayat bay may have chased good ones
A. #1 Hatta Flower 9-2: 7/17 gate work (:48.1) says ready
B. #3 Tale of the Queen 12-1: Three straight 5f a.m. drills for MaryLou/Abreu

MOVE UPS ON WET: 1-3-4-8

3rd: OC/N3X, F&M-3+, 7f

1. #7 Platinee 8-1: Generous tote on Mott cutback candidate 3-1-1 last 5
2. #1e Frankel entry 1-1: #1 Indian Flare never off board in 7 career tries
A. #5 Better Now 5-1: Hennig Gr. III winner broke skid with GoGo last
B. #2 Unkatzable 9-2: Inclined to include DWL where he makes sense

MOVE UPS ON WET: 1-2-6

4th: NYB-ALW/N1X, F&M-3+, 6f

A very nice group of statebred fillies...

1. #9 Her Royal Nibs 9-2: Note turf drill, Raphie; Always earns cash; 5yo v 3's
2. #6 Bella Dorato 10-1: Mile was out of her range; Cuts back, adds Leparoux
A. #4 Holy Kryptonite 7-2: Gyarmati grey gets better and better; ITM 6/6
B. #2 Token 5-1: Daughter of tragic Gold Token came late in 1st ALW try

LONGSHOT ALERT: Noticed late that #5 Mama Theresa (10-1) broke maiden here last year, would love it wet and goes Morales to Cornelio.. May get lost on board..

MOVE UPS ON WET: 4-5-6-7-9

5th: OC/N2X, 3+, 5.5f-T (Superfecta)

Looking to beat the ML favorite, #2 Summer Service, in solid group.. Probably smart if you cover him in exotics/multis, but we'll try to keep him out of the top three slots here..

1. #3 Ever a Friend 8-1: Happy to gobble up Clement-Bejarano at juicy tote
2. #1 Thatsmorelikeit 8-1: Fact J.R. moves here telegraphs Barbera's intent
A. #7 Museeb 5-1: Danzig bay loved the switch to turf sprinting
B. #9 All Hail Stormy 7-2: JJ 1-2-0 last 3 when paired with this serious horse

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD-IN: #4 Theconfidenceman (15-1) returned as different horse at 5.. Johnny V. abandons in favor of the #1, but Leparoux an able sub..

OFF THE TURF/WET MOVE UPS: 1-5-7-9

6th: CLM, F&M-3+, 6f

1. #3 Chunk of Love 5-1: ITM 15 of 20 career, 9 of 10 trip... An equine ATM
2. #1e Lake entry 5-2: Here's another pair always around the money
A. #7 Bless My Mary 4-1: Tony D. winless but ITM 60% so far; 4/12 with Coa
B. #8 Kelly K's Pleasure 12-1: Yet another that rarely fails to place or show

MOVE UPS ON WET: Note #9 Itsayatesthing 2/2 in mud.. Others: 1-8

7th: CLM, 3yo, 6.5f

1. #7 Clear the Way 6-1: Romans stalker returns to claimers after ALW third
2. #4 Suave Jazz 7-2: A. Dutrow gelding won last but has had seconditis
A. #1 Time to Grow Up 4-1: Schosberg pace pony wired 2 back in BEL slop
B. #5 Garibaldi 5-1: $1.5 mill Tabor-Magnier-Smith buy yours for $100k today

MOVE UPS ON WET: 1-4-8

8th: 4th Statue of Liberty, $150,000, 3yo NYB fillies, 9f-IT (Superfecta)

1. #3 No Reason 10-1: Multiple NYB Stakes winner dangerous if able to grass
2. #10 Artistic Express 5-2: Corny has been moving Broman red up; Stretches
A. #9 Lick the Spoon 12-1: Allard brings Lycius miss "home"; Trouble in last
B. #8 My Interpretation 4-1: Kimmel going well; Freud bay working well

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD-IN: #5 Point Me to It (15-1) would love it if it comes off turf but has been improving..

OFF THE TURF/WET MOVE-UPS: 3-5-10-12 (MTO #14)

9th: NYB-MSW, F&M-3+, 5.5f-T (Superfecta)

1. #9 One Traveler 5-1: Hill needs to work trip, but bay different hoss on lawn
2. #4 Daybeforeher B'day 4-1: Contessa gal gets hustling GoGo; Coa on #3
A. #1e Rice entry 5-2: #1a Lady Rizzi shaping up as long-term runner-up mdn
B. #3 Tomorrow's Nano 2-1: Coa sticks here and one behind in debut 2nd last

LONGSHOT ALERT/SUPER ADD-IN: #6 Regal Asset (20-1) showed speed from impossible post last time before fading.

OFF THE TURF/WET MOVE UPS: 1a-2b-4-9 (MTO #10)

CARRYOVER

Reminder that there is a $57k carryover still out there.. I wouldn't suggest playing it with all the uncertainty regarding the weather and surfaces, but here's an <$100 play...

4: 9
5: 1-3-7-9
6: 3
7: 1-4-7
8: 3-10
9: 3-9

1x4x1x3x2x2 = 48 x $2 = $96

Good luck..
Steve

2 Dollar Bill
08-03-2006, 06:56 AM
A funny thing happen to me..... take the ride from vermont to the SPA,,,and find out its CLOSED..... (for the heat)... so as disappointment was on our faces...we say....""Hey lets stop in the Hall Of Fame"" ...and walk in to see the sign say....""Closed for a special event""... We did walk around quickly before getting thrown out....LOL. A very nice place ....a Must see when going to the track... Just pick the right day !!!

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
What kinda price do you think we'll get on EVER A FRIEND?
Liked this runner all season, good spot here.

paisjpq
08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
What kinda price do you think we'll get on EVER A FRIEND?
Liked this runner all season, good spot here.
I loved this horse @ 8-1, hope he gets overlooked.

GPK
08-03-2006, 11:23 AM
allright....more people jumping on another one of my horses:D :D

I don't know if EAF has the early speed to go with some of these, but a well timed ride by Bejerano could get the job done. He has beat better than these before (May 21 race) but its all in how he will take to the weeds.

paisjpq
08-03-2006, 11:27 AM
allright....more people jumping on another one of my horses:D :D

I don't know if EAF has the early speed to go with some of these, but a well timed ride by Bejerano could get the job done. He has beat better than these before (May 21 race) but its all in how he will take to the weeds.
:p you can have him GPK, I just follow Liberation Bred horsees because I know and like Rob Whitely...I still love the horse @ those odds and hope he can get it done today.;)

GPK
08-03-2006, 11:39 AM
:p you can have him GPK, I just follow Liberation Bred horsees because I know and like Rob Whitely...I still love the horse @ those odds and hope he can get it done today.;)

Only reason I ever started following him was because he went gate to wire in the race that Sunriver made his debut as well. I thought EAF looked very good in breaking his maiden first out, so I added him to my watch list. He is most likely gonna be making his way off my list soon.

paisjpq
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
Only reason I ever started following him was because he went gate to wire in the race that Sunriver made his debut as well. I thought EAF looked very good in breaking his maiden first out, so I added him to my watch list. He is most likely gonna be making his way off my list soon.
he's a crafty friend...early and quick esp. short...a van driver told me once that CF is as usefull as t*ts on a bull, he may be right.

GPK
08-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I may use him in a pick 3 or 4 if I play one today...not sure yet.

GPK
08-03-2006, 01:23 PM
LONGSHOT ALERT: Noticed late that #5 Mama Theresa (10-1) broke maiden here last year, would love it wet and goes Morales to Cornelio.. May get lost on board..

LOL...so much for that....9/2 right now...

I do like Bella Dorato at 10-1 right now though.

Gander
08-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Kev, If you really like Ever a Friend, why depend on other horses in other race, a la the pick 3 or pick 4, to cash a ticket on him? Why not just throw win money on him? Pick 3's and 4's are a neat little bet but you dont want to waste your possible opportunity on Ever a Friend with horses in other races you are just so so on. I have a friend who loves Clement horses who is going to bet a ton on this one today. He likes him quite a bit and knows his stuff.

GPK
08-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Kev, If you really like Ever a Friend, why depend on other horses in other race, a la the pick 3 or pick 4, to cash a ticket on him? Why not just throw win money on him? Pick 3's and 4's are a neat little bet but you dont want to waste your possible opportunity on Ever a Friend with horses in other races you are just so so on. I have a friend who loves Clement horses who is going to bet a ton on this one today. He likes him quite a bit and knows his stuff.

Im gonna see how he looks in the post parade....
Im done with the pick 3's today.

Gander
08-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm looking at him now. He looks like a horse!
Its still very warm here so he may be sweating. As to be expected. I like Ever a Friend, Titled and All Hail Stormy, in that order.

Gander
08-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Glad I stayed away. Ever a Friend had run in him but got started too late and very wide at the top of the stretch. A very good horse could have overcome it but hes not one. Decent effort 1st time turf.
Saved time, money and sweat!

whorstman
08-03-2006, 02:38 PM

LOL...so much for that....9/2 right now...

I do like Bella Dorato at 10-1 right now though.

I liked the Bella too GPK, had exacta and place $ on that one :cool: . Don't normally bet during the week, cause TVG is blocked, but I recently discovered the guy that does the shipping has an Insight connection at his desk. That may not be a good thing if I can bet @ work :eek: :eek:

GPK
08-03-2006, 02:58 PM
I liked the Bella too GPK, had exacta and place $ on that one :cool: . Don't normally bet during the week, cause TVG is blocked, but I recently discovered the guy that does the shipping has an Insight connection at his desk. That may not be a good thing if I can bet @ work :eek: :eek:

I won't tell a soul brother....don't worry.

Scav
08-03-2006, 03:14 PM
If you could get to youbet, I would be fired within two weeks...

GPK
08-03-2006, 03:34 PM
If you could get to youbet, I would be fired within two weeks...

2 days....