PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Downthestretch55
08-02-2006, 04:24 PM
I read this article and have not formed an opinion.
Seems that serious questions remain.
I'd like to know others' thoughts.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0802-05.htm

boldruler
08-03-2006, 09:08 AM
You know Dick Cheney was running everything, no way Bush could have been. Anything Cheney is involved in is likely full of lies and deception. However, I really don't think the US government had anything to do with 9-11. I saw a poll today where 1 in 3 americans think the government had something to do with it. The Oliver Stones of the world sure have hit the mainstream.

GenuineRisk
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
BR, the article is actually not about the causes of 9/11, but the alleged bungling of the response immediately after it. Which I don't find surprising-- lately the NYC news has been full of how the air down at the site has aged the lungs of the rescuers down there by 12 years and how many of the fire fighters are now too disabled to continue fighting fires because their lung capacity has been too compromised. This is the same air that Bush's EPA swore up and down was safe.

I wonder why the Dems weren't ballsy enough to use the footage of Bush staring blankly for 8 minutes after he got the news in their campaign commericials in '02 and '04. You KNOW had it been a Dem in the WH who had done that, the Republicans would have used that image in every single campaign commerical they ran in the next election year.

And BR, I agree with your character judgment of Cheney. :)

Downthestretch55
08-03-2006, 09:58 AM
BR and GR,
You certainly are entitled to your opinions.
I guess I wasn't specific enough.
Do you have an opinion on the article I posted?
Thanks,
DTS

GenuineRisk
08-03-2006, 10:13 AM
BR and GR,
You certainly are entitled to your opinions.
I guess I wasn't specific enough.
Do you have an opinion on the article I posted?
Thanks,
DTS

Oh-- I'm sorry; I go off on tangents so easily... :)

I would not be surprised to learn the gov't bungled the response to 9/11-- chasing a flight that had already crashed, etc. They certainly seem to bungle every crisis that comes up. And I have no doubt that they've lied since to the various commissions about how they handled it. So, no, nothing in the article surprises me, especially in the wake of the bungle of Katrina.

What are your thoughts on it, DTS?

GenuineRisk
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
In fact, if I ever have a racehorse, I'll name it Tangent. Probably won't ever run in a straight line.

Downthestretch55
08-03-2006, 10:20 AM
LOL! Tangent. I've seen a few run that way, especially when they are tired.

As far as the article, I think it raises some concerns. There appeared to be deception given to the 9-11 Commission. Gov Kean's words were telling.