PDA

View Full Version : DERBY: H. Nelson down.. Sir Percy wins

Kasept
06-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Horatio Nelson, who the stewards were looking at pre-race, broke down in the stretch of the Darby.. Very bad.. Sir Percy goes on to win the photo over maiden Dragon Dancer... Dylan Thomas, brave on the lead, 3rd.. Visindar 5th..

15-5-6 your tri

oracle80
06-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Horatio Nelson, who the stewards were looking at pre-race, broke down in the stretch of the Darby.. Very bad.. Sir Percy goes on to win the photo over maiden Dragon Dancer... Dylan Thomas, brave on the lead, 3rd.. Visindar 5th..

15-5-6 your tri

Gee do you think the polytrack screamers will be saying that we should rip up all teh turf courses and put in green ground up tires and wax?
Very sad when a great racehorse breaks down, I'm sorry for the loss of Horatio. Seems like racing has things happen in bunches.

Suffolk Shippers
06-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Very unfortunate accident, it does seem like these things happen in bunches.
But, just like a few weeks ago, pretty much have to dust off a little and move on with things. Can't wait for the spray painted ground up wax and tire turf they will use for the Arc this year (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

Cunningham Racing
06-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know who ran 4th? I can't find it anywhere, but I was very impressed with the way he finished out in the middle of the course when drifting out after being layed on for much of the stretch run by the fave Visandar, who I bet so I was watching him.

I'm no Euro-form expert, but the 4th place horse is a bet-back horse IMO and I want to watch for his next start, but I don't know who it was...jock was wearing yellow silks...he and the winner (Sir Percy) were the only horses closing well into that slow pace ad Sir Percy had a lot better luck in the stretch up the inside.

If anyone knows the 4th-place horse please post his name..Thanks in advance.

ryonker
06-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Hala Bek came in 4th-

Cunningham Racing
06-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Hala Bek came in 4th-

He impressed me...I'm betting him back

Danzig
06-03-2006, 11:49 AM
any news on horatio? what were the stewards looking at him for prior to the race?

Danzig
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
just read the preliminary write up on t'bred times. sir percys win certainly flatters geo washington. hopefully that one won't be laid up long.

no news so far on horatio. hopefully he will be treatable.