PDA

View Full Version : yankees

gales0678
08-01-2006, 09:21 PM
now tied with the red sox - i just heard michael kay call the final out!!!!

here we come gander and gpk!!!!!!

Gander
08-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Michael Kay is unbearable. The worst voice in baseball.
Red Sox are struggling so bad now. Yankees should be in front by 5. Its a wonder they're not.

Buffymommy
08-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Spankies suck and so do the Red Sox. NL team is going to win the series! Yes, this coming from the woman who said the Braves were going to make a comeback. Just a feeling I have.

oracle80
08-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Here we come? More like he we GO in front of them. Looks like fake tough guy Varitek needs surgery and will be out. Can't wait to hear the Sox fans whine about it when he have been Missing Sheff and Matsui all season and Cano for a month. Cry me a river. Yanks continue to get clutch hitting and finally are straightening out in the bullpen. I called this shot a month ago when we hung in there after Boston won 16 of 17. Give me a break Tim, should be in front by 5? Are you kidding me. We have been playing with Guile, Cairo, Phillips, Crosby, etc. We had to take a rookie from AAA and put him in as a starter(Cabrera) and we still are tied with you. How would you guys be doing without 3 key starters?
The yanks are a superior team and now that we've caught the Sox look for them to pour it on and open up like Bernandini in the slop.

Gander
08-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Yankee fans must really hate David Ortiz. As bad as we are playing we should be 5 games out. This guy has kept us in. Man, you guys really be frustrated.
We need to pick things up and fast.

oracle80
08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Yankee fans must really hate David Ortiz. As bad as we are playing we should be 5 games out. This guy has kept us in. Man, you guys really be frustrated.
We need to pick things up and fast.
Tim you may be kidding yourself but you aren't kidding us one bit. Frustrated? We are overjoyed!!! It has to be you who can't believe that with no Cano, Sheff, or Matsui and a streak of 16 of 17 wins that its August 2nd and we are tied. If you had told me that after Sheff went down after Matsui I would never have believed it was possible, never. Jeter is hitting .353 and unlike cro magnon man, he actually also turns gems in the field while the other guy is hanging on the bench with the waterboy.
Hes an awesome hitting specimen, and incredible in the clutch, but no way would I trade Jeters average and clutch hitting and fielding and base stealing for Ortiz, no way.

Gander
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Both are great. I'd say the best 2 in the game when you an opportunity is there.

But the way we have been playing since that crazy 11 game win streak? I consider ourselves lucky to be in a tie. How many games looked lost before Ortiz won with a walkoff hit since the streak? I have 4-5 games.

Its all 0-0. Let the fun begin!

SCUDSBROTHER
08-02-2006, 11:32 AM
How is it a fair fight to have a 215 mil team against a 120 mil team? That's what I don't understand about Yankee fans.By definition it isn't a fair fight is it? You two act like nothing has changed since last week.Meanwhile,one team has added a 15 mil /year player,and the other has not.It isn't like one of the teams is a moneyball type team that relies on young talent freaking in a particular year(ala fish 2003.)So,the Yanks win this division pretty much each year.Isn't that like to be totally expected when you pay out almost 100 mil more than any other team in the division(or in mlb period.) I just think this odd difference in salary kind of makes the mlb look fixed.Then they let the fish cut their payroll to 14 mil.MLB needs to get some control of this sht.

GPK
08-02-2006, 12:22 PM
How is it a fair fight to have a 215 mil team against a 120 mil team? That's what I don't understand about Yankee fans.By definition it isn't a fair fight is it? You two act like nothing has changed since last week.Meanwhile,one team has added a 15 mil /year player,and the other has not.It isn't like one of the teams is a moneyball type team that relies on young talent freaking in a particular year(ala fish 2003.)So,the Yanks win this division pretty much each year.Isn't that like to be totally expected when you pay out almost 100 mil more than any other team in the division(or in mlb period.) I just think this odd difference in salary kind of makes the mlb look fixed.Then they let the fish cut their payroll to 14 mil.MLB needs to get some control of this sht.

It will never happen Scuds, not as long as the Yankees are in the biggest market city in MLB. MLB would stand to lose too much if they tried to control the spending.

timmgirvan
08-02-2006, 12:28 PM
It will never happen Scuds, not as long as the Yankees are in the biggest market city in MLB. MLB would stand to lose too much if they tried to control the spending.
True story Kev.....Money is flowing...other teams profit from Yanks payroll...more people in the seats every year....and the band played on

dr. fager
08-02-2006, 12:31 PM

Yep, really scared the hockey owners and NY was the biggest market city there too....this is just a bigger case of the same problem. When smaller markets start facing bankrupcy....the $hit will start to fly.

Hey, if people want LA, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto, NY, and Boston to be the only one with teams more power to them.

Pointg5
08-02-2006, 12:55 PM

That's why the NFL is the best sports product in America, because even an embarrassment like the Bengals can be playoff contenders, with the correct drafting and coaching....

Nice buttkicking the Dodgers gave the Reds last night.. Do you remember when they were rivals? I can remember staying up as a kid to watch the Dodgers games when they were playing out in LA...

And now I have to zing Gander:

That was a nice pick on the Astros, doh....

boldruler
08-02-2006, 01:02 PM
That's why the NFL is the best sports product in America, because even an embarrassment like the Bengals can be playoff contenders, with the correct drafting and coaching....

Nice buttkicking the Dodgers gave the Reds last night.. Do you remember when they were rivals? I can remember staying up as a kid to watch the Dodgers games when they were playing out in LA...

If I had to guess I would say the Red Sox are not making the playoffs this year.

Amen to the NFL starting. Teddy Bruschi went down yesterday too. Here come the Jets.

Gander
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I'll stick with the Astros. They will get hot and bulldoze down those 9 or 10 teams in front of them. If they do make the playoffs they would have to be considered strong favorites to win the NL, with Clemens, Petite and Oswalt going 1-2-3.

Red Sox are in trouble, I concede that. Still think they turn this around and bet the 215 mill Yankees. Can you guys believe the biggest fraud in baseball makes 20 mill a year?... and I am not talking about Bonds, I am talking about Giambi.

dr. fager
08-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I'll stick with the Astros. They will get hot and bulldoze down those 9 or 10 teams in front of them. If they do make the playoffs they would have to be considered strong favorites to win the NL, with Clemens, Petite and Oswalt going 1-2-3.

Red Sox are in trouble, I concede that. Still think they turn this around and bet the 215 mill Yankees. Can you guys believe the biggest fraud in baseball makes 20 mill a year?... and I am not talking about Bonds, I am talking about Giambi.

ARod, Jeter, Giambi have the combined salaries of almost 40 % of the teams....:eek:

Gander
08-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Jeter and A Rod are both great talents, they dont have it in them to cheat. Giambi is a first class phony who knew he had to cheat to be near the top. He lied to his fans but now its okay because hes having a good year. I hate that guy. What a farce and a disgrace.

dr. fager
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Jeter and A Rod are both great talents, they dont have it in them to cheat. Giambi is a first class phony who knew he had to cheat to be near the top. He lied to his fans but now its okay because hes having a good year. I hate that guy. What a farce and a disgrace.

I hear what you're saying....disgusted by something else, my point is they have 3 $20+ payrolls.....

I was a little off 11 of the 30 teams have a lower payroll than that.

Pointg5
08-02-2006, 01:26 PM

Clemens and Pettite are 12-15 combined, they get no run support, they are still 5 games behind the Reds for the Wild Card and 8.5 back of the Cardinals for the Division, stick a fork in them. The Reds have a cake schedule other than 7 games with the Cardinals, they will win the Wild Card...

Gander
08-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I know, its a joke how little run support Clemens has gotten since becoming an Astro. Best pitcher of our generation for sure.

I wouldnt count on the Reds winning the wildcard. But I hope for your sake they do, I love Ken Griffey Jr. What a player.

Personally I dont care how much so and so (A Rod) makes, but in Giambi's case its the icing on the cake. Biggest fraud in baseball and he is like the 2nd highest paid player? Should be kicked out of baseball. No better than Palmeiro, Bonds or that jackass Mcgwire.

Pointg5
08-02-2006, 01:36 PM
I know, its a joke how little run support Clemens has gotten since becoming an Astro. Best pitcher of our generation for sure.

I wouldnt count on the Reds winning the wildcard. But I hope for your sake they do, I love Ken Griffey Jr. What a player.

Personally I dont care how much so and so (A Rod) makes, but in Giambi's case its the icing on the cake. Biggest fraud in baseball and he is like the 2nd highest paid player? Should be kicked out of baseball. No better than Palmeiro, Bonds or that jackass Mcgwire.

NL is awful, they shouldn't even let them in the Playoffs, maybe the Mets, but beyond that they should use all AL Teams and let them play each other, it would make for a better post season...That's why I think the Reds have a shot...Ken Griffey Jr is in a slump, my favorite Reds player is Brandon Phillips, he's their best overall player...

Gander
08-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Any team in the NL has a huge shot to make the World Series. The Mets are in trouble with that starting rotation. They have like 60 more "meaningless" games in front of them which is never good for any team. Glavine has been awaful, while Pedro is brilliant, he hasnt been this year. Tracshel is just okay. I dont see them making it out of the first round, unless they get a ridiculously weak NL West team. I thought the Mets would go out and get a really good starting pitcher but they didnt.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-02-2006, 06:59 PM

Yeah,the 70's were quite a war between the Reds n' Dodgers.Oakland reminds me very much of the defense that the Reds had back then.Dodgers trying to open up another can of whipa$$ on the Reds tonight.Lugo is a really good hitter.He was the toughest out when the Halos played Tampa.Betemit(whatever)is Furcal's best friend.All the sudden he gets his best friend to hang with,and he starts to hit.The Dodgers still have the best batting average in the National league(so I hear...METS???)The Dodger pitching has been the problem.Lowe is just not a reliable guy in the regular season.You can see where the problem is.Give the guy 10 mil a year,and he may go .500(if we are lucky.)The rookie catcher (Martin)is somebody you would want want your kid to be just like.Really a terrific individual.A weird team.Just seems to not be enough self-discipline (in general) on the team.

Pointg5
08-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah,the 70's were quite a war between the Reds n' Dodgers.Oakland reminds me very much of the defense that the Reds had back then.Dodgers trying to open up another can of whipa$$ on the Reds tonight.Lugo is a really good hitter.He was the toughest out when the Halos played Tampa.Betemit(whatever)is Furcal's best friend.All the sudden he gets his best friend to hang with,and he starts to hit.

4-0, when I get out of here at 9pm, it'll probably be even more. At least I can go to sleep instead of watching the beating.

david1025
08-02-2006, 07:45 PM
AMEN!!!! The difference is only what four A-rods? NO its five Mannys

boldruler
08-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Any team in the NL has a huge shot to make the World Series. The Mets are in trouble with that starting rotation. They have like 60 more "meaningless" games in front of them which is never good for any team. Glavine has been awaful, while Pedro is brilliant, he hasnt been this year. Tracshel is just okay. I dont see them making it out of the first round, unless they get a ridiculously weak NL West team. I thought the Mets would go out and get a really good starting pitcher but they didnt.

The Mets will be fine against the NL teams. They can score at will and the NL is awful. Maine might be the key to everything and it looks like he is the real deal not some fluke pitcher, but you are leaving out the best big game pitcher in baseball, El Duque. That guy will throw lights out when the big game comes. Screw Glavine, we shouldn't have ever taken a Brave. Pedro looked like his brilliant self the other night. He will be fine. The Mets real problem though is Wagner. His is no Benitez but he sure isn't much better.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-02-2006, 08:11 PM
4-0, when I get out of here at 9pm, it'll probably be even more. At least I can go to sleep instead of watching the beating.

LOL...Dodgers picked off Freel at 1st base.I guess there was a dispute about whether time had been called.The umps had a pow wow.Then,the ump called him out.The fans in cincy(in the background down the right field line)didn't agree.One guy stood up right away and gave the finger to the umps.Funny thing is he did it with both hands.

Gander
08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
One guy stood up right away and gave the finger to the umps.Funny thing is he did it with both hands.

Somebody at this game actually cares enough to do that? LOL!

SCUDSBROTHER
08-02-2006, 08:33 PM
One guy stood up right away and gave the finger to the umps.Funny thing is he did it with both hands.

Somebody at this game actually cares enough to do that? LOL!

Yeah,the Cincy folks seem to be living n' die 'n with every pitch.Elmer Dessens has decent stuff this year.Was tough on the Halos,and just made Cincy look bad too.How does a guy pitch that bad,and then start pitching that good?Lobotomized him.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-02-2006, 09:03 PM
The fans in Cincy are pretty crazy.Do they even make kids go past the 6th grade there? LOL..I shouldn't kid MWINDU too much.Junior just missed making it a tie game.That's gotta be like acid.

SCUDSBROTHER
08-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Cincy fan don't feel bad.Saito is a beast.Not just against you guys.Dodgers are within 3 of the wild card.Man,that is ugly,but the truth.

Cincinnati 55 52 .514...........
....Arizona 54 52 .509 ..-.5
LA Dodgers 52 55 .486..- 3

Pointg5
08-03-2006, 06:28 AM
The fans in Cincy are pretty crazy.Do they even make kids go past the 6th grade there? LOL..I shouldn't kid MWINDU too much.Junior just missed making it a tie game.That's gotta be like acid.

You do make a good point, there's alot of uneducated people around Cincinnati, I had a Grandfather that was illiterate, and I am not the only one around here that had Grandparents like that, must be the Appalachian influence. I was lucky, my parents told us every day that we would get College Degrees.

Besides, you have to be a nut to go down there, why go sit in that 98 degree, 100% humidity, worry about getting shot, finding a parking spot, when I can sit on my couch watch, drink my Tropicana Sugar Free Fruit Punch, and watch the game.

Most of those fans down there do not realize that the Big Red Machine was 30 years ago...

Pointg5
08-03-2006, 08:01 AM
The fans in cincy(in the background down the right field line)didn't agree.One guy stood up right away and gave the finger to the umps.Funny thing is he did it with both hands.

That was probably Turdbucket, sounds like something he would do...

SCUDSBROTHER
08-03-2006, 11:09 AM
The fans in cincy(in the background down the right field line)didn't agree.One guy stood up right away and gave the finger to the umps.Funny thing is he did it with both hands.

That was probably Turdbucket, sounds like something he would do...

There was like 5 or 6 guys(standing up ,and giving the ump the finger) in the picture frame,but the guy doing it with both hands was the star.