race 10 11 kool comic
race 11 6 madeo

Enjoy the picks

MaTH716
10-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Cue the Lynch Mob in 3,2,1......

cowgirlintexas
10-24-2008, 10:21 PM
I would'nt hold your breath on cashing any of those tickets unless on perhaps in the 9th race :rolleyes: Good Luck none-the-less :)

sdjcom
10-24-2008, 10:27 PM
I would'nt hold your breath on cashing any of those tickets unless on perhaps in the 9th race :rolleyes: Good Luck none-the-less :)you are probably right however I just need to hit a couple at a good price because I mostly bet wps and occasional exacta, good luck to you,

Kasept
10-24-2008, 10:45 PM
you are probably right however I just need to hit a couple at a good price because I mostly bet wps and occasional exacta, good luck to you,
I erased one ridiculous post from this thread already.

To the point, sdj has several interesting horses on his list that are live. I'll say here that $2 ATB on all his horses will return above the $66 it will cost. The horses below all have various appeal as board hit possibles and/or longshot winners..

If you don't swing with horses like some of these types, you will never have a big Breeders Cup.

blackthroatedwind
10-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I erased one ridiculous post from this thread already.

To the point, sdj has several interesting horses on his list that are live. I'll say here that $2 ATB on all his horses will return above the $66 it will cost. The horses below all have various appeal as board hit possibles and/or longshot winners..

If you don't swing with horses like some of these types, you will never have a big Breeders Cup.

race 1 6 zappa
race 2 10 cal flag
race 3 7 albertus max
race 4 1 shakis
race 5 8 azul leon
race 6 12 grand adventure
race 7 8 sing baby sing
race 8 2 red rocks
race 9 9 curlin
race 10 11 kool comic
race 11 6 madeo

Did your nose grow while you wrote that?

Kasept
10-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Did your nose grow while you wrote that?
;)

blackthroatedwind
10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
My favorite swing of his is Curlin. Batting practice I assume....or just a " I need cab fare home " after betting the likes of California Flag, Shakis, Azul Leon, Sing Baby Sing ( snicker ) and Red Rocks?

magic_idol
10-24-2008, 10:59 PM
My favorite swing of his is Curlin. Batting practice I assume....or just a " I need cab fare home " after betting the likes of California Flag, Shakis, Azul Leon, Sing Baby Sing ( snicker ) and Red Rocks?

Gee I thought for just a moment there you were singing curlins praise:eek: ................But only for a moment;)

blackthroatedwind
10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Ya know, I'm really on the fence. Half of me wants Curlin to win because he's so clearly the best dirt horse in the race.....and the other half wants him to bomb to put a final stamp on how disgraceful it is to run this year's BC races on synthetic turf.

Danzig
10-24-2008, 11:09 PM
and for me...i'm beginning to tire of the 'he'll be the best in the last 25 years' if he wins crap myself.
then i think about asmussens syn ability....maybe curlin will win in spite of everything. he's the top 'cap horse this year-but will that mean a thing tomorrow?

sdjcom
10-24-2008, 11:20 PM
I usally don't bet real short price horses however, This is BC and hope curlin wins. I'll stick him top and bottom with a couple of bombs to try and hit decent exacta, and enjoy the race. I don't bet 11 races on any card except BC it's more of an fun day than trying to swing for the fence.

blackthroatedwind
10-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I usally don't bet real short price horses however, This is BC and hope curlin wins. I'll stick him top and bottom with a couple of bombs to try and hit decent exacta, and enjoy the race. I don't bet 11 races on any card except BC it's more of an fun day than trying to swing for the fence.

Why, if you don't mind, do you like the horses you listed?

sdjcom
10-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Why, if you don't mind, do you like the horses you listed?that's the first fair and intelligent question i've received thx
well if you look you see I,ve pick horses who have run well at dmr hol osa, such as zappa cal flag, or at woodbime on syn trk. Now red rocks is a euro however he ran here and beat curlin on grass this summer. also horses who ran well at kee on syn trk. I don't spent time on Euros becuse no pace line for me to evaluate. Now I first eliminate horses on a few factors and if no pace line to compare what's left i throw them out. On any other day of year i would pass races with no pace lines, however this is BC and I will have fun and bet every race.

sdjcom
10-24-2008, 11:55 PM
;)Thx for taking up for me you are a gentleman.

blackthroatedwind
10-24-2008, 11:59 PM
that's the first fair and intelligent question i've received thx
well if you look you see I,ve pick horses who have run well at dmr hol osa, such as zappa cal flag, or at woodbime on syn trk. Now red rocks is a euro however he ran here and beat curlin on grass this summer. also horses who ran well at kee on syn trk. I don't spent time on Euros becuse no pace line for me to evaluate. Now I first eliminate horses on a few factors and if no pace line to compare what's left i throw them out. On any other day of year i would pass races with no pace lines, however this is BC and I will have fun and bet every race.

There are plenty of horses with Synthetic Track form. Azul Leon got drowned in the Norfolk, against quite a few in this field, and has all the obvious earmarks of a closing sprinter. What made him interesting to you? So Sing baby Sing won on Polytrack at Keeneland. That's a different surface....why is it better than the ones with experience on THIS synthetic surface? Does it not bother you that Red Rocks was scratched out of the Sword Dancer and has enormous gaps in his works since his last race.....which was 3 1/2 months ago?

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
There are plenty of horses with Synthetic Track form. Azul Leon got drowned in the Norfolk, against quite a few in this field, and has all the obvious earmarks of a closing sprinter. What made him interesting to you? So Sing baby Sing won on Polytrack at Keeneland. That's a different surface....why is it better than the ones with experience on THIS synthetic surface? Does it not bother you that Red Rocks was scratched out of the Sword Dancer and has enormous gaps in his works since his last race.....which was 3 1/2 months ago?I agree in your analysis however i don't get to much into the trip and detail handicapping, because I
don't get to watch to many races and have the time. I,m an otr trk driver and stay out 2-3 weeks at a time then come home for 4 days. I do have a lap top with me at alltimes with wi-fi and try to keep up. So i'm lazy and load info into my horse program and take results and try to pick overlays. It's a hobby and labor of love but I do all right for a part timer

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 12:11 AM
I agree in your analysis however i don't get to much into the trip and detail handicapping, because I
don't get to watch to many races and have the time. I,m an otr trk driver and stay out 2-3 weeks at a time then come home for 4 days. I do have a lap top with me at alltimes with wi-fi and try to keep up. So i'm lazy and load info into my horse program and take results and try to pick overlays. It's a hobby and labor of love but I do all right for a part timeralso I will say I eyeball the form first and eliminate horses before entering in program, so I really handicap somewhat.

blackthroatedwind
10-25-2008, 12:14 AM
That's great. Thanks.

I do wonder, however, given what you just said, how you think it's OK to do the enormous amount of lecturing you have done on this site. I just assumed you were doing it from more of a position of strength.

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
That's great. Thanks.

I do wonder, however, given what you just said, how you think it's OK to do the enormous amount of lecturing you have done on this site. I just assumed you were doing it from more of a position of strength.That's fair question, I followed the horses for many years and then left it for 20 yrs. now as far as the amount of time you say I do I only have 237 posts in about 1 1/2 yrs. I do post some opinionated subjects that seem to get alot of replies, but end up having to defend myself on personal replies instead of questions like you are asking. Some people on the blog are more interestd in smartass remarks than an civil and heated discussions on horse racing. I'm 56 and will never let some smart jerk call me a name on line for no reason, then I gat mad and become a smart ass like them. well got to work on that

Coach Pants
10-25-2008, 12:30 AM
:rolleyes:

blackthroatedwind
10-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Well, the smart ass remarks may have had something to do with your first post......

Hello, Horseplayers
Why Is It Every, Horse Handicapper,pro Or Just A
Week-end Player,not A Vocation Two Them, Hooked On This Madd-
Ening Trend Towards Pick 4 Pick 6 Hi 5, Exotics? I Remember The
Basic Drf Form From The 1970,s Where What You Had Was Basic In- Fo And You Used Your Art Form Of How A Horse Was Coming Into A
Race, Speed Rate Variant Purse, And And Position. Now We All
Know That If You Play A Horse That Is Outclassed,wrong Distance
Or Carrying To Much Weight For His Ability That Is Your Fault.
However Form Can Be Fickle And Not Your Fault
Somedays The Horse Just Does,nt Feel Giving His Best, Maybe His
Planets Are Out Of Line, Ha! Now The Form Has All Of This Off
Track Stats, Trainers/jockey Stats And A Host Of Others. I Listen
To The Pros And They Now With This Worthless Info They Find
Something Good About Every Horse In The Race. Back To The Ex-
Otics,now They Are Are Picking 4-5 Horses To Spread And When
They Lose The Bet, They Will Say Did,nt I Talk About That 15- 1
Winner? Well They Touted Every Horse In The Race Go Figure.
I,ve Watched Good Art-form Handicappers Who
Were Selective And Money Managers, Go To This Spreading Of
Bets In Exotics, They Now Have No Confidence In Their Single
Overlay Play, Through The Unplayable Races In Exotis They Have Picked Up Bad Habits, But The Saddest Of All They Have Lost The
Art-form. Know What,s Guys Are Asking Me Who I Like In These
Races That Only God Could Pick, They Were Pitch Races In An
Era Long Gone, Who Do I Like In That Maiden Clm, You Got To Be Kidding Me Sdj-ky

Best of luck tomorrow.

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, the smart ass remarks may have had something to do with your first post......

Best of luck tomorrow.I was posting a general opinion on many of my beliefs not a personal attack toward anyone specific, if anyone took it that way then I was wrong. however I did walk into the room and make an impression, now I don't expect you or any one to like me but I do expect to be talked to like a human being like i talk to most others unless they get smart wth the nam calling. For instance I made the comment on the Euros, well what a mistake that was. Not one person ask me why, instead they started the name calling like idiot and so on.

SCUDSBROTHER
10-25-2008, 05:32 AM
I wonder when one of these Lion Heart's is gunna break through in a 2 turn stakes. You know it's gotta happen. Horse gotta fck with people's heads one last time. When they do it, they'll probably be going side to side in the stretch(like a downhill skier,) and somebody will have to take up to avoid them.

Handicappy
10-25-2008, 06:42 AM
I was posting a general opinion on many of my beliefs not a personal attack toward anyone specific, if anyone took it that way then I was wrong. however I did walk into the room and make an impression, now I don't expect you or any one to like me but I do expect to be talked to like a human being like i talk to most others unless they get smart wth the nam calling. For instance I made the comment on the Euros, well what a mistake that was. Not one person ask me why, instead they started the name calling like idiot and so on.
I've only been on the blog for 6 to 8 months and I do hope you are not surprised by the judgement. Steve tried to provide some support here earlier in this thread. And his erasing of a "ridiculous post" was something I am sure he does but I haven't seen before. I was disappointed with his ;) in response to an earlier remark by BTW but this is like a Locker Room. If you put a horse up there that a select group of guys on this blog don't have, you'll be nailed. They won't ask you what your reasoning is for a certain horse, some just assume a position of "I know best" and attempt to discredit you. I don't venture in that direction any longer. After all, this IS just horse racing. We aren't determining how to resolve the economy or where the next nuclear bomb should go. Well this is enough time on this. I have to get ready to head out to one of the most beautiful tracks I've ever seen and see some of the greatest horses run their hearts-out for us. Aside from what folks on the blog say, Santa Anita is gorgeous and the horses are getting over the pro-ride very well. While Ventura was astounding to see in her rocket of a stretch run, Zenyatta just played with her counterparts. A true champion if there ever was one. I'm already making plans for next year.

Bigsmc
10-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I don't spent time on Euros becuse no pace line for me to evaluate.

Awesome. That must make handicapping easier. Just draw a line through any horse that has not run in NA. I'll have to try that to streamline my process.

Bigsmc
10-25-2008, 07:31 AM
If you put a horse up there that a select group of guys on this blog don't have, you'll be nailed. They won't ask you what your reasoning is for a certain horse, some just assume a position of "I know best" and attempt to discredit you.

This is completely wrong. Putting up a list of horses with no explanation or reasoning and having no history of picking winners will get you nailed. An intelligent post with reasons for your picks will not get you nailed. There are some incredibly great handicappers here. If one of them questions your picks, I would advise having an intelligent conversation with that person and you may learn something. I know I have seen certain people's opinions here and have gone back and reassessed races. They may have seen something in their research that you completely missed. Hanging on to your picks like they are the last morsel of food on earth and snarling like a dog at anybody that disagrees with them, will get you nailed. Posting your locks before the race is drawn will get you nailed.

It is like a locker room but you can earn respect by treating others with respect. Ignore the taunts.

Another piece of advice. If you start a thread posting your picks, starting another thread to taunt others (or pat yourself on the back) because your original thread was correct, is going to open the floodgates.

If you are going to post names or numbers, there is usually a daily thread for the major tracks to post your plays.

Peace
Phils in 5

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Awesome. That must make handicapping easier. Just draw a line through any horse that has not run in NA. I'll have to try that to streamline my process.I pass races where a horse has no NA pp's but on BC I will play because it's once a year, and I play very moderate.

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 08:18 AM
This is completely wrong. Putting up a list of horses with no explanation or reasoning and having no history of picking winners will get you nailed. An intelligent post with reasons for your picks will not get you nailed. There are some incredibly great handicappers here. If one of them questions your picks, I would advise having an intelligent conversation with that person and you may learn something. I know I have seen certain people's opinions here and have gone back and reassessed races. They may have seen something in their research that you completely missed. Hanging on to your picks like they are the last morsel of food on earth and snarling like a dog at anybody that disagrees with them, will get you nailed. Posting your locks before the race is drawn will get you nailed.

It is like a locker room but you can earn respect by treating others with respect. Ignore the taunts.

Another piece of advice. If you start a thread posting your picks, starting another thread to taunt others (or pat yourself on the back) because your original thread was correct, is going to open the floodgates.

If you are going to post names or numbers, there is usually a daily thread for the major tracks to post your plays.

Peace
Phils in 5 This blog has a selection thread, I will post my selections like anyone else. I,m not as well versed, knowledgeble, as many on this blog, if my picks do not interest anyone then they can scroll pass my posts It's more of an intertainment move than trying to say or impress anyone. This is a blog for anyone pro or novice.

Bigsmc
10-25-2008, 09:03 AM
This blog has a selection thread, I will post my selections like anyone else. I,m not as well versed, knowledgeble, as many on this blog, if my picks do not interest anyone then they can scroll pass my posts It's more of an intertainment move than trying to say or impress anyone. This is a blog for anyone pro or novice.

Carry on.

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 09:36 AM
There are plenty of horses with Synthetic Track form. Azul Leon got drowned in the Norfolk, against quite a few in this field, and has all the obvious earmarks of a closing sprinter. What made him interesting to you? So Sing baby Sing won on Polytrack at Keeneland. That's a different surface....why is it better than the ones with experience on THIS synthetic surface? Does it not bother you that Red Rocks was scratched out of the Sword Dancer and has enormous gaps in his works since his last race.....which was 3 1/2 months ago?I like Azul leon , he was beaten 5 lengths from 2 hole. I think he will be able to stay midtrack from 5 hole and not get stuck inside. He is 1-2 in graded stakes in cal. He has room to improve like the other 2 yr olds. in race at a decent price. I like closers from mid pack.

blackthroatedwind
10-25-2008, 09:39 AM
This is a message board.....not a blog. Why is that so hard?

ateamstupid
10-25-2008, 09:43 AM
OMG.. This is a message board, not a blog. Not blog. Not blog. Not blog. Not blog. Not blog.

TheSpyder
10-25-2008, 09:44 AM
RE: "Free picks to all my buddies"

Since I am not one of your buddies, I want to apologize for looking at your picks.....how much do I owe you?

I feel really bad about sneaking a peek, and for that, I promise not to use any of them....

Spyder

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 09:46 AM
This is a message board.....not a blog. Why is that so hard?I don't know what the difference is can you explain?

ateamstupid
10-25-2008, 09:56 AM
By the way, all of this whining is absurd. You can't come on here telling people what to do without any reasoning, acting like you're doing everyone a favor by dictating random picks to us, talking down to people like your handicapping is the word of God when you can barely type coherently, and expect there to be no blowback. If you have such thin skin, then change your dictatorial "listen to me or else" and vindictive "I told you so" approach, because it obviously turns people off.

There is great handicapping discussion conducted here daily, so all of this "no one wants to listen to any picks other than their own" is petulant nonsense. I'm sorry if your feelings have been hurt, Ron, but I think that's a totally unfair mischaracterization of a place that has helped tons of people (myself included) with their 'capping philosophies and habits.

ateamstupid
10-25-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't know what the difference is can you explain?

Generally speaking..

Blog: One or a handful of dorks posting entries/articles on one site, on which people can leave comments in a separate section. Ideas/topics created by the blog's writer. Can be classified as journalism when done well.

Message Board: Thousands of dorks simultaneously posting thousands of threads and replying to each other on one site. Ideas/topics created by anyone. Never mistaken for journalism.

blackthroatedwind
10-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Blog: One or a handful of dorks posting entries/articles on one site, on which people can leave comments in a separate section. Can be classified as journalism when done well.

Message Board: Thousands of dorks simultaneously posting thousands of threads and replying to each other on one site. Never mistaken for journalism.

If you didn't steal that from Wikopedia then you should print it there.

the_fat_man
There is great handicapping discussion conducted here daily, so all of this "no one wants to listen to any picks other than their own" is petulant nonsense.

Actually, he's correct here. Why in the world would anyone WITH an OPINION care about HIS opinion? The dude's on IGGY for a reason. He's illiterate and his opinion is worthless. Perfect combination for posting.:rolleyes: HE MUST BE HEARD.

Hickory Hill Hoff
By the way, all of this whining is absurd. You can't come on here telling people what to do without any reasoning, acting like you're doing everyone a favor by dictating random picks to us, talking down to people like your handicapping is the word of God when you can barely type coherently, and expect there to be no blowback. If you have such thin skin, then change your dictatorial "listen to me or else" and vindictive "I told you so" approach, because it obviously turns people off.

There is great handicapping discussion conducted here daily, so all of this "no one wants to listen to any picks other than their own" is petulant nonsense. I'm sorry if your feelings have been hurt, Ron, but I think that's a totally unfair mischaracterization of a place that has helped tons of people (myself included) with their 'capping philosophies and habits.

Well said.

sdjcom
10-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Blog: One or a handful of dorks posting entries/articles on one site, on which people can leave comments in a separate section. Can be classified as journalism when done well.

Message Board: Thousands of dorks simultaneously posting thousands of threads and replying to each other on one site. Never mistaken for journalism.ok thx i got it

philcski
10-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Generally speaking..

Blog: One or a handful of dorks posting entries/articles on one site, on which people can leave comments in a separate section. Ideas/topics created by the blog's writer. Can be classified as journalism when done well.

Message Board: Thousands of dorks simultaneously posting thousands of threads and replying to each other on one site. Ideas/topics created by anyone. Never mistaken for journalism.

Quality work my friend :tro: May your handicapping today be as sharp as your literary achievements.

Rudeboyelvis
10-25-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjcom
Hello, Horseplayers
Why Is It Every, Horse Handicapper,pro Or Just A
Week-end Player,not A Vocation Two Them, Hooked On This Madd-
Ening Trend Towards Pick 4 Pick 6 Hi 5, Exotics? I Remember The
Basic Drf Form From The 1970,s Where What You Had Was Basic In- Fo And You Used Your Art Form Of How A Horse Was Coming Into A
Race, Speed Rate Variant Purse, And And Position. Now We All
Know That If You Play A Horse That Is Outclassed,wrong Distance
Or Carrying To Much Weight For His Ability That Is Your Fault.
However Form Can Be Fickle And Not Your Fault
Somedays The Horse Just Does,nt Feel Giving His Best, Maybe His
Planets Are Out Of Line, Ha! Now The Form Has All Of This Off
Track Stats, Trainers/jockey Stats And A Host Of Others. I Listen
To The Pros And They Now With This Worthless Info They Find
Something Good About Every Horse In The Race. Back To The Ex-
Otics,now They Are Are Picking 4-5 Horses To Spread And When
They Lose The Bet, They Will Say Did,nt I Talk About That 15- 1
Winner? Well They Touted Every Horse In The Race Go Figure.
I,ve Watched Good Art-form Handicappers Who
Were Selective And Money Managers, Go To This Spreading Of
Bets In Exotics, They Now Have No Confidence In Their Single
Overlay Play, Through The Unplayable Races In Exotis They Have Picked Up Bad Habits, But The Saddest Of All They Have Lost The
Art-form. Know What,s Guys Are Asking Me Who I Like In These
Races That Only God Could Pick, They Were Pitch Races In An
Era Long Gone, Who Do I Like In That Maiden Clm, You Got To Be Kidding Me Sdj-ky

Best of luck tomorrow.

I found it cryptic that the only word in this post that wasn't capitalized is "wrong"

subliminal message or Freudian slip?

TheSpyder
10-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Man, that Swinesmeller episode has got you sharp as a tack. Nice catch!

SpyderI found it cryptic that the only word in this post that wasn't capitalized is "wrong"

subliminal message or Freudian slip?