PDA

View Full Version : Long night of baseball

Gander
07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
And hopefully a much better one for Red Sox fans. We need a win tonight.

Game is on at 7 on ESPN, playing Cleveland. David Wells is back.

Next its the always great matchup of the Angels and A's. I know Scuds will be tuning in for that.

6+ hours of great baseball and all the best ingredients to make a couple of thick Black & White shakes.

Enjoy the games :cool:

SCUDSBROTHER
07-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Gander,what is your opinion of what Santana will do starting for the Halos tonight? Halos have disrespected the kid somewhat by offering him up in trade offers.The politically correct response would be that he is a professional,and it will have no effect.He could feel negative about the organization being willing to part with him(I don't think it's going to be this response.)The hoped for response is one of relief,and excitement about being with his teammates the rest of the year.It could also have woke him up to the fact that he needs to concentrate harder after the 5th inning.He had great stuff in his last start,but hung a couple pitches,and didn't get away with it.Hard to be all that critical of that performance though(he didn't get much support in that game.)I hope he matures as much as Lackey has,and can use Lackey's example of what it really takes to be a top competitor.HAS COOLED OFF HERE.

Gander
07-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I think he'll be fine tonight Scuds. It really should be flattering for a player to know that so many other teams are interested in obtaining his services. He is professional enough (lets hope) to know that this is a business and he knows teams have to sometimes part with their best players to enhance their chances to make the playoffs and a run at the WS.

Haren is up for the A's. He has gotten shelled against the Angels. Just embarrased. Angels havent exactly lit it up at home this year so I dont see much of a home field advantage. A's been holding their own on the road.

Should be a great game. Really have to give a slight edge to the Angels because of Santana.

Gander
07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
Wells is starting to make a mess of this game. Its not pretty to watch. :confused:

SCUDSBROTHER
07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Wells is starting to make a mess of this game. Its not pretty to watch. :confused:

GANDER,I thought for sure REDSOX would make big deals today.

Gander
07-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Well I thought at least one. Thought maybe Mike Lowell was going but glad they kept him. Hes real good and a huge improvement at 3rd.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-31-2006, 09:19 PM
I've never seen a team whine about balls 'n strikes as much as the A's.Bradley already close to being thrown out of the game for complaining about a perfect 3rd strike breaking ball at the knees.

Suffolk Shippers
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Ortiz Does It Again.

Gander
08-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Man am I tired. Going to get a few things done here and I am going back home and to bed. What a great night of baseball.

That guy Haren pitched a great one for the A's. Didnt know he had it in him.

Yankee fans must really hate David Ortiz, LOL!

How many games would the Yankees be up if it want for Big Pappi?