PDA

View Full Version : 10/24 (R7): BC Ladies Classic (Final)

Kasept
10-14-2008, 05:42 AM
7th (3:15) Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (G1)

1 1/8 Miles (All Weather Track) | Fillies and Mares | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $2,000,000

1 Zenyatta Smith M E 123
2 Hystericalady Gomez G K 123 L
3 Cocoa Beach (CHI) Dominguez R 123 L
4 Music Note Castellano J J 119 L
5 Carriage Trail Desormeaux K J 123 L
6 Ginger Punch Bejarano R 123 L
7 Santa Teresita Baze M C 123 L
8 Bear Now Da Silva E R 123 L

Indian Charlie
10-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Spring Waltz is a late scratch.

What's the asterisk next to Unbridled Belle mean? Supp?

my miss storm cat
10-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Distaff
Lush Lashes
Getting ready for HK in December instead...

(... and yea for you for calling it the Distaff and not that silly other name).

DogsUp
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
This is the race I am looking forward to the most. I really want to see if Zenyatta has the kick to catch horses of this caliber. Should be a great race and prob one of the best races of the two day event.

Kasept
10-15-2008, 01:35 PM
This is the race I am looking forward to the most. I really want to see if Zenyatta has the kick to catch horses of this caliber. Should be a great race and prob one of the best races of the two day event.
Horses of this caliber? What caliber? :confused:

Who in this race has demonstrated a remote ability to give her a challenge? She just demolished Hystericalady who is as good as anybody in the race...

DogsUp
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM

Who in this race has demonstrated a remote ability to give her a challenge? She just demolished Hystericalady who is as good as anybody in the race...Just my humble opinion, but I think that Hysterical Lady is much better than what she showed on that day. I think that Ginger Punch and Music Note are just as good at Hysterical Lady. I definately believe that Zenyatta has all the advantages in the race. However, I still believe that she will have to run an exceptional race to win.

CSC
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Getting ready for HK in December instead...

(... and yea for you for calling it the Distaff and not that silly other name).

Nothing wrong with that. The Hong Kong Vase and other races of that ilk are races that I look fwd to and for others I presume also. It's usually a great card of intl racing.

Payson Dave
10-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Is Coach Beach related to Cocoa Pants??

10 pnt move up
10-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Its a horse race so anyone can get beat but on every objective measure she should win. She has beat the best two older horses in this race with ease on two different surfaces in two different states. She has won with slow paces, fast paces, good trips, bad trips, giving weight., she has the best figures on both surfaces. Its racing but those saying she will get beat are doing so just to go against a big favorite, or they are projecting some kind of huge move up from one of the younger horses such as Music Note.

hrfan
10-16-2008, 12:18 AM

Who in this race has demonstrated a remote ability to give her a challenge? She just demolished Hystericalady who is as good as anybody in the race...
The only horse he could possibly be talking about is Carriage Trail

10 pnt move up
10-16-2008, 01:11 AM
The only horse he could possibly be talking about is Carriage Trail

I dont like the way she was getting out down the stretch, ships, and a quick turn around off the big effort.

letswastemoney
10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Zenyatta has the advantage because we all know she loves this surface. We don't know what Ginger Punch, Music Note, etc will do on this surface. On a dirt track, there is no way she'd crush Hystericalady like that.

10 pnt move up
10-20-2008, 02:05 AM
Zenyatta has the advantage because we all know she loves this surface. We don't know what Ginger Punch, Music Note, etc will do on this surface. On a dirt track, there is no way she'd crush Hystericalady like that.

Zenyatta loves any surface....she is best on dirt, not this stuff. watch the Apple Blossom.

letswastemoney
10-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Zenyatta loves any surface....she is best on dirt, not this stuff. watch the Apple Blossom.I know, but what I'm saying is that she is the only sure thing in this field on the Santa Anita surface.

The other horses in this race are probably better on a dirt surface as well. So I'm sure there will be a million "omg Zenyatta is a monster" posts when she wins, but it'll be a combination of Zenyatta being good and the others wanting a dirt surface.

Antitrust32
10-21-2008, 12:12 PM
I thought this year we were supposed to have real good 3yo fillies?!?! Is the only 3yo in the race Music Note?

I will say that I dont know who these horses are:

Coach Beach – bin Suroor
Bear Now – Baker
Carriage Trial – McGaughey
Santa Teresita – Guillot

so maybe they could be 3yo's

smuthg
10-21-2008, 12:48 PM
I thought this year we were supposed to have real good 3yo fillies?!?! Is the only 3yo in the race Music Note?

I will say that I dont know who these horses are:

Coach Beach – bin Suroor
Bear Now – Baker
Carriage Trial – McGaughey
Santa Teresita – Guillot

so maybe they could be 3yo's

Indian Blessing and Zaftig are in the Sprint, Pure Clan in the F&M Turf. I think Proud Spell is the only one of the top 3YOs not running (if you don't include Eight Belles)

King Glorious
10-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Zenyatta at 3/5
Hystericalady at 15/1, third longest shot in the field.

Kasept
10-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (G1)

1. Zenyatta, Mike Smith, 3-to-5;

2. Hystericalady, Garrett Gomez, 15-to-1;

3. Cocoa Beach, Ramon Dominguez, 8-to-1;

4. Music Note, Javier Castellano, 6-to-1;

5. Carriage Trail, Kent Desormeaux, 8-to-1;

6. Ginger Punch, Rafael Bejarano, 9-to-2;

7. Santa Teresita, Michael Baze, 50-to-1;

8. Bear Now, Enrique DaSilva, 30-to-1.

Round Pen
10-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Great race IF you a big sheet player u will absolutely play against Zenyatta there are others in here whose sheet numbers are just as fast as her's.

Scav
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Great race IF you a big sheet player u will absolutely play against Zenyatta there are others in here whose sheet numbers are just as fast as her's.

If you believe that dirt numbers transfer over. It is my opinion that synethic numbers are about 2 pts slower then dirt, and that is what I am using when handicapping.

Round Pen
10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
If you believe that dirt numbers transfer over. It is my opinion that synethic numbers are about 2 pts slower then dirt, and that is what I am using when handicapping.

Good Point but this is SA there is not another track in the country that has this type of Suface(Pro Ride). SO I am willing to make a stand Againt Zenyatta being she will be in the 3/5 range.

Right now I am leaning towards Cocoa Beach at 8-1ML that is a square price on a filly who we don't know how good she could be. I love these fillies that come From South America (although she made a trip to Dubai First)

philcski
10-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Zenyatta at 3/5

I love Hystericalady, made an absolute monster bet on her in last year's BC, but she's already proven to be not the same on synthetics.

She's the test case for synthetics vs. real dirt

SniperSB23
10-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Carriage Trail over Zenyatta with Hystericalady third and a superfecta moneymaking Santa Teresita running fourth.

philcski
10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Carriage Trail over Zenyatta with Hystericalady third and a superfecta moneymaking Santa Teresita running fourth.

Really? You're buying the hype on this one?

letswastemoney
10-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I just looked over this field. This is a good group of fillies and mares!!! Just exactly who has Zenyatta beat anyway? Ginger Punch and Hystericalady? Is it possible Ginger Punch just had an off day that day? Hystericalady can't win on synth....

but can Music Note? can Cocoa Beach? Can Carriage Trail transfer her Keeneland form to Santa Anita?

Zenyatta beat Model by just one length. Carriage Trail beat her by more than 7. Hmmmm

So many questions!!

10 pnt move up
10-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Zenyatta beat Model by just one length. Carriage Trail beat her by more than 7. Hmmmm

So many questions!!

Its not that she beat model by a length its how she beat her, with effortless ease. It was hard to win anything by open lengths at del mar routing this past year.

I am concerned that CT is a Kee freak, and this surface is much different then Keeneland. I think Music Note or Cocoa Beach is a much better play in this spot.

pgiaco
10-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Zenyatta at 3/5
Hystericalady on synthetic at any price is a toss for me.

Scav
10-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Hystericalady on synthetic at any price is a toss for me.

She was a toss last year from multiple people because of post and some other BS.

Toss at your own pearl, while her BEST races were on dirt, he synethics are HALF as bad as people are making them out to be

Scav
10-23-2008, 11:00 AM
I bet her last year Scavs so I understand what you are saying. And maybe her races on synthetic aren't as bad as people are making it, but she is a completely different horse on dirt. I can see her running second, but how can she win this race?

I don't think she can, just saying, she can fill the exacta/trifecta.

I am a huge Zenyatta fan, but I am starting to question her a little bit based on who she has faced.

Her Oaklawn race was real big, but she was cycling to that effort and Ginger Punch obviously wasn't on her game that day, and I think Ginger Punch likes the synethics, she ran a top on the times that she went to them (at Keeneland)...I don't really have many opinions yet, using the plane ride to sort out everything...

The one thing I am struggling with right now is the Woodbine shippers, because there are a couple that absolutely lay over their fields, figure-wise.

philcski
10-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't think she can, just saying, she can fill the exacta/trifecta.
I am a huge Zenyatta fan, but I am starting to question her a little bit based on who she has faced.

Her Oaklawn race was real big, but she was cycling to that effort and Ginger Punch obviously wasn't on her game that day, and I think Ginger Punch likes the synethics, she ran a top on the times that she went to them (at Keeneland)...I don't really have many opinions yet, using the plane ride to sort out everything...

The one thing I am struggling with right now is the Woodbine shippers, because there are a couple that absolutely lay over their fields, figure-wise.

I like Hystericalady a lot, you know that, she CANNOT win this race on the synthetic.

2nd, DO NOT trust Woodbine figures. they are consistently too high, like Delaware- I've been fooled too many times by shippers to Saratoga, Churchill, or the BC.

Scav
10-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I like Hystericalady a lot, you know that, she CANNOT win this race on the synthetic.

2nd, DO NOT trust Woodbine figures. they are consistently too high, like Delaware- I've been fooled too many times by shippers to Saratoga, Churchill, or the BC.

That is what I thought, wasn't 100% sure on it though

Friday there isn't much that is 'interesting' from what I can tell. I am going to use it to form opinions for Saturday, which I see multiple things that I am interested in.

I don't have that 'can't miss' play that I am salivating over. Last year it was Shamiden to run 1-2, don't have that this year.

philcski
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
That is what I thought, wasn't 100% sure on it though

Friday there isn't much that is 'interesting' from what I can tell. I am going to use it to form opinions for Saturday, which I see multiple things that I am interested in.
I don't have that 'can't miss' play that I am salivating over. Last year it was Shamiden to run 1-2, don't have that this year.

Agree completely on this.

More rooting interests than gambling opinions, although Forever Together will get a bet from me for sure. Besides that, maybe a few fliers.

Have fun out there dude, don't lose your shirt.

Scav
10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Agree completely on this.

More rooting interests than gambling opinions, although Forever Together will get a bet from me for sure. Besides that, maybe a few fliers.

Have fun out there dude, don't lose your shirt.

Lot of weight on Forever Together

Honestly, I like the new setup, I can never figure out fillies/mares and them having their own day helps me, and don't ask me why that is, it is just one of those things, can't figure out woman

philcski
10-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Lot of weight on Forever Together

Honestly, I like the new setup, I can never figure out fillies/mares and them having their own day helps me, and don't ask me why that is, it is just one of those things, can't figure out woman

LOL

Scav
10-23-2008, 12:03 PM
LOL

Last night, I got dragged to Nick and Norah's whatever right after shelling out for an unexpected dinner, it was painful, but we were the only people IN THE THEATRE.

Can I get a GUS JOHNSON CALL please.... AAAAAAAHAAAAAAA!!!

letswastemoney
10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
If you like Hystericalady, Santa Teresita finished right with her last time and will be twice the odds. I think Santa Teresita could hit the board here.

SniperSB23
10-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Really? You're buying the hype on this one?

More not buying Zenyatta as a monster at 9 furlongs and think every other horse in the field with any quality will hate the surface. Carriage Trial has shown form on a synthetic and I like her to be right in the photo with Zenyatta at the end, hopefully on top for the much better payout.

SniperSB23
10-24-2008, 01:13 AM
If you like Hystericalady, Santa Teresita finished right with her last time and will be twice the odds. I think Santa Teresita could hit the board here.

I like her a lot at the bottom of the tri/super at a price. Would love to bet her against Music Note head to head.

King Glorious
10-24-2008, 11:03 AM
I can understand playing against her in mutuals but I can't see any logical handicapping angle that would suggest going against Zenyatta as win selection. She gets my vote to win over Music Note with Ginger Punch third and Carriage Trail fourth.

miraja2
10-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Zenyatta is of course the most likely winner here, but I don't think any of her races were THAT much better than Carriage Trail's Spinster. Perhaps I am overrating her race that day, but it REALLY impressed me.

I will probably only play this race at the end of a Pick-3.
I am going to single Stardom Bound in the Juvy fillies, go deep in the very tough F&M Turf, and use Zenyatta and Carriage Trail here. I think one of thse two is your winner.

Cannon Shell
10-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I like Music Note

letswastemoney
10-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Hystericalady should never run on synth again

philcski
10-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Is ZENYATTA sanskrit for AMAZING?!?!?!?!?

AeWingnut
10-24-2008, 05:27 PM

she completed the Super High 5 and ruined my ticket

Betsy
10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Zenyatta easy, but Music Note ran very well - I can't complain a bit. She lost to a very good older stablemate and an absolute monster. I hope she runs next year, but lol, she'll still have to deal with Zenyatta.

King Glorious
10-24-2008, 07:08 PM

She shouldn't have been in this race in the first place. Frankel should have went with his first mind and not run Ginger Punch either. The second and third best dirt mares in the country and they were nowhere to be found at the finish.

Indian Charlie
10-24-2008, 08:00 PM
HL goes up for sale in a week or two. I doubt she'll ever run again, but if she does, hopefully she gets smarter connections.

Cannon Shell
10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
HL goes up for sale in a week or two. I doubt she'll ever run again, but if she does, hopefully she gets smarter connections.
She had a pretty good run no? I imagine that with her for sale soon there wasnt really any risk in running her was there?

Indian Charlie
10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
She had a pretty good run no? I imagine that with her for sale soon there wasnt really any risk in running her was there?

It's not so much the risk as it is the futility in running her in a spot she was proven to be nearly hopeless in.

She never should have run on synth after her races in 2007 against Nashoba's Key, but after the awful try she made early this year against Itangaroo, they should have sworn off that stuff forever.

Cannon Shell
10-24-2008, 08:07 PM
It's not so much the risk as it is the futility in running her in a spot she was proven to be nearly hopeless in.

She never should have run on synth after her races in 2007 against Nashoba's Key, but after the awful try she made early this year against Itangaroo, they should have sworn off that stuff forever.
I cant knock people for running nowdays especially when she is retired in a week.

10 pnt move up
10-24-2008, 08:09 PM

I have no clue why she has been ridden the way she has the last two races.....I mean rated behind Bear Now, like she has a prayer to out finish Zenyatta? She needed to be the clear pace setter. It would not have matter but at least let her run.