6-City Avenger

7-Who Who Brown

8-Noonmark (I like this horsie)

9-Cash Flow

Good racing luck everyone!

Downthestretch55
07-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Buffy,
Thanks for putting out your picks. Here are mine....
1 Fast Iz a Turtle
2 Indian Love Call
3 Bank President
4 Friend of Mae
5 Mikethemoondog
6 Endless Circle
7 Harlanquin
8 Songster
9 Parade girl

Good luck!
DTS

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 11:53 AM
Well, we don't agree on anyone today do we?

Downthestretch55
07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
I guess that's what makes racing what it is.

Fast Iz a Turtle is an AP Jet. I've followed his ups and downs...hope today is an up.
The 3rd looks to be very interesting. Ateam likes Spring House. I think Andromeda's Hero might be vulnerable here.

Friend of Mae is trained by H Allen J. and he's plenty good with 2yos.
Harlanquin is a Flying Zee...so I root for that team everytime.

Enjoy!

GenuineRisk
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM
What's Race 3's conditions? (Stuck at work, having trouble getting through to some websites today...)

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 12:25 PM
What's Race 3's conditions? (Stuck at work, having trouble getting through to some websites today...)

Not sure, just logged on here (this site) at work. Took Friday off so I am busy today.

Mad because I was going back and forth with Unswept and Lime King in the first. Did ya see he paid like $20.00 for the place? DANG! :mad:

Downthestretch55
07-31-2006, 12:40 PM
Approx. Post 2:04PM
Race Type: Purse $55,000 (Up to $10,450 NYSBFOA)Purse $55,000 (Up to $10,450 NYSBFOA)
Distance: One Mile And One Furlong
Conditions: For Three Year Olds and Upward Which Have Never Won Three Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Restricted or Which Have Never Won Four Races or Optional Claiming Price Of $75,000

GenuineRisk
07-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Approx. Post 2:04PM
Race Type: Purse $55,000 (Up to $10,450 NYSBFOA)Purse $55,000 (Up to $10,450 NYSBFOA)
Distance: One Mile And One Furlong
Conditions: For Three Year Olds and Upward Which Have Never Won Three Races Other Than Maiden, Claiming, Starter, Or Restricted or Which Have Never Won Four Races or Optional Claiming Price Of $75,000

Thanks, DTS!

And hiya, Buffy! I had the BEST riding lesson in Ohio-- I'll email you privately when I have time to babble about it. How was your weekend?

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks, DTS!

And hiya, Buffy! I had the BEST riding lesson in Ohio-- I'll email you privately when I have time to babble about it. How was your weekend?

Great weekend with my mom and nephew in Ocala. BUT I miss my Bucky boy! (Husband I have already seen so I don't miss him anymore). Going riding after I get out of work, if I ever get out of here!

Can't wait to hear about the lesson!

Cajungator26
07-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Great weekend with my mom and nephew in Ocala. BUT I miss my Bucky boy! (Husband I have already seen so I don't miss him anymore). Going riding after I get out of work, if I ever get out of here!

Can't wait to hear about the lesson!

Damn Buffy... you should have let me know you were down here... we drove over to Fox Lea Farms in Venice, FL for an A rated jumper show this weekend. It was a blast! :D

BTW, I rode a 5 year old Unbridled's Song baby (not sure of his registered name) last week... he was crooked from head to toe and SLOW to boot! LOL He didn't make it on the track, so he is a school horse now and jumping
3'6" jumpers.

Downthestretch55
07-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Buffy,
You seem to be on a roll! This kind of day happens.
1st--Just in Fun...$66.50, Lime King $20.80
2-Brushed Gold..$11.20

So far, you're doing great!

DTS

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Buffy,
You seem to be on a roll! This kind of day happens.
1st--Just in Fun...$66.50, Lime King $20.80
2-Brushed Gold..$11.20

So far, you're doing great!

DTS

Nah, I ended up going with Unswept in the 1st race. Crossed off Lime King and marked Unswept. Just kinda kicking myself on that one.

P.S. I am done with Wilko! :)

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Damn Buffy... you should have let me know you were down here... we drove over to Fox Lea Farms in Venice, FL for an A rated jumper show this weekend. It was a blast! :D

BTW, I rode a 5 year old Unbridled's Song baby (not sure of his registered name) last week... he was crooked from head to toe and SLOW to boot! LOL He didn't make it on the track, so he is a school horse now and jumping
3'6" jumpers.

That is awesome about the Unbridled Song baby. How was he jumping?

I was visiting my mom just for Sat & Sun. Got home last night. Quick trip. She just moved back to FL. That show sounds awesome though!

Cajungator26
07-31-2006, 01:35 PM
That is awesome about the Unbridled Song baby. How was he jumping?

I was visiting my mom just for Sat & Sun. Got home last night. Quick trip. She just moved back to FL. That show sounds awesome though!

To be honest, he didn't care for jumping. He was an ornery sort and didn't want to bend to save his life and had his ears pinned back the entire time. He was club footed in the left front though and I truly believe that bothered him. He was a HUGE grey... probably over 17 hands. My butt is still hurting! LOL

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 01:39 PM
To be honest, he didn't care for jumping. He was an ornery sort and didn't want to bend to save his life and had his ears pinned back the entire time. He was club footed in the left front though and I truly believe that bothered him. He was a HUGE grey... probably over 17 hands. My butt is still hurting! LOL

Is he a weak horse? Meaning has he been worked alot? Maybe he was just weak behind and that is why he didn't like to bend. Could be that he was uncomfortable too like you said. Too big for my taste. I wouldn't go above 16 hands. I like wide rather than tall. :)

GenuineRisk
07-31-2006, 01:40 PM

What kind of mover was he (jumping aside, that is!)? Good gaits?

Cajungator26
07-31-2006, 01:57 PM
What kind of mover was he (jumping aside, that is!)? Good gaits?

I've ridden quite a few horses in my life and he was one of the WORST movers I've ever ridden.

He was stiff as a board to begin with, but even when he was warmed up, he was still stiff. I finally got him to bend after about 30 minutes of working with him and he hated me for that. LOL His canter was his worst gait by far because he almost felt like he was counter cantering even though he was on the correct lead. Typical of thoroughbreds, his right lead was very unbalanced. I think that this barn I rode at (1st time riding there and the LAST) had moved him up the jumper levels too fast for his age. He is doing 3'6" jumpers (level 2 I think) and IMO a 5 year old JUST off the track for a year should be rested for a bit before being thrown into something else. His barn name was Casper and he was a very sweet horse, but wasn't comfortable at all with being ridden.

Downthestretch55
07-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Back to the races...
Race 4 Fast N Ready $27.80

BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Back to the races...
Race 4 Fast N Ready $27.80

BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!

Nice pick dude!

Downthestretch55
07-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Nice pick dude!
I wish...
I picked Friend of Mae...oh well

still a lot more in the card

Buffymommy
07-31-2006, 02:33 PM
I wish...
I picked Friend of Mae...oh well

still a lot more in the card

WHOOPSIE! Why did I think that was your pick? They have been having some sweet payouts so far. But then again I guess it is always that way in the beginning of the meet.

Downthestretch55
07-31-2006, 05:55 PM
Buffy,
Today was certainly interesting.
I hope a DTer had Court Folly. Look for this one in the King's Bishop on Travers day.
Lucky for me I didn't bet big cause I'd be digging in the dumpster if I had.

Results....

http://www.nyra.com/chart/dailyresults.asp?chartdate=7/31/2006&track=S

DTS