PDA

View Full Version : Mon 7/31 - SPA Race 7

Bogey
07-31-2006, 06:06 AM
Only at Saratoga can you have horses like Wilko and Andromeda's Hero racing on a Monday. The account stands at plus 717 units and race 7 at the SPA has caught our attention.

Saratoga Race 7

#13 Judd - Please note he's on the Also Eligible list and would need to draw in. Adds the hood and drop back to face maiden claimers. His efforts versus MSW company was respectable.

#8 Prescription - Desormeaux hops aboard for 007. Last turf try was decent and improvement could be seen at a juicy price.

The Play - 50 units to win on #13 AE if he draws in or 20 units to win on #8

The account is left at plus 667 units or 697 units depending on who makes it to the starting gate. The rest of the card seems dicey and Songster should prove the best in the Amsterdam.

Good Racing Luck

Bogey
07-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Well, neither one made it to the starting gate. I take that back #8 Prescription was a late scratch and kind of made it there. The account stands at plus 717 units to start the month of August.

Gander
08-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Wilko and Andromeda's Hero racing on a Monday

Just what is so special about either of these horses? Are people actually going to make a trip to the racetrack on a Monday just to see either of these animals? Its not like Butterface was running, or even All Hail Stormy. Geez.

Bogey
08-01-2006, 08:45 PM
The reason I mentioned them was because as a fan of the greatest game in the world, it's not every Monday that you can see a G1 winner and a Belmont placed horse in the same race. On a personal note I was at Wilko's victory in the '04 BC Juvenile at Lone Star and was at Andromeda's Hero maiden triumph at Calder. Lastly, they both have a connection with Afleet Alex. As far as Butterface and All Hail Stormy, they both are also worth a trip to the track to see the hard knockers.

Gander
08-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Yes, hard knockers. All Hail Stormy runs on Thursday but has no chance. He has already won 2 in a row, no way does he win 3 in a row. As far as Butterface goes, any info on her? Have not heard if she is still even in training. Where is my precious girl?

Andromedas Hero is a useful sort. Wilko is a loveable little guy. To me not worth the $5 admission.

Miller
08-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Butterface roared out of the gate and led the field through a ridiculously fast first quarter in 21.1 seconds and a half-mile in a reasonable 45 seconds flat.

Have no problem with fans and their favorites but to say that it is not worth $5 to see Wilco or Andromeda's Hero is about the same as Butterface ran in the above race. IMO I would love to go any day to see those mentioned or any $1000 claimer at any track for that matter.

Miller

Miller
08-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Sorry in my old age I forgot to attribute the opening two lines as a quote from the NY Bred Bulletin Board about the Butterface race in my previous post.

Miller

Gander
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
When did she run and where?