PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Corey Pavin!

Rupert Pupkin
07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
I was so happy to see Corey Pavin win the US Bank Championship in Milwaukee today. I've been a fan of Pavins for years. Growing up in Los Angeles, I used to watch him in the LA Open back when he was an amatuer. He was so amazing as an amatuer at UCLA. Not only would he qualify for the LA Open every year but he would always make the cut. I always thought that he would make it on the PGA Tour and he did. He became a big star on the Tour. He was leading money winner at least one year and maybe two. He won the US Open too. But then he went into a pretty big slump and people started to wonder if he would ever win again. His last win was back in 1996. Anyway, he finally broke the 10 year drought and won. I'm really happy for him. I'm a UCLA alum and root for several of the UCLA guys including Pavin, Tom Pernice and Steve Pate.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-31-2006, 01:40 AM
Steve Pate still playing? Guess he can always play with "past champion" status.

Corey must have gotten divorced.That Asian Girl isn't the one he kissed when he won his Major.This one was in Jr. High back then.

Rupert Pupkin
07-31-2006, 01:52 AM
Steve Pate still playing? Guess he can always play with "past champion" status.

Corey must have gotten divorced.That Asian Girl isn't the one he kissed when he won his Major.This one was in Jr. High back then.
Pate is still playing but he's really struggling. I think he's pretty much run out of exemptions too. He lost his player's card so he doesn't get into too many tournaments any more. He's forced to play in Nationwide Tour tournaments sometimes.

You are correct about Pavin. He got divorced from his first wife and is re-married. I think he made a good decision getting divorced from that first wife. She was a real control freak. She wouldn't let Corey take lessons from his lifelong teacher Bruce Hamilton because she was mad at Bruce for leaving his wife. I couldn't believe that Corey was such a wimp that he would let his wife tell him who he could take golf lessons from. It's his career, not hers. He needs to take lessons from whoever he thinks the best teacher is, regardless whether his wife likes the teacher or not.