PDA

View Full Version : Must see TV

Gander
07-30-2006, 11:43 AM
Tonight on ESPN at 8:10, Angels and Red Sox from Fenway. The rubber match of the series. John "Southern Heat" Lackey is going up against Curt "Bloody Sock" Schilling.

Get your ice cream out and kick back and enjoy what should be a great game.

GPK
07-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Tonight on ESPN at 8:10, Angels and Red Sox from Fenway. The rubber match of the series. John "Southern Heat" Lackey is going up against Curt "Bloody Sock" Schilling.

Get your ice cream out and kick back and enjoy what should be a great game.

Stop the race!!!! Schilling getting rocked.....make the bad man go away mommy.:(

Gander
07-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm not giving up just yet. They still have 6 more innings to get 6 more runs. Not impossible. Just need to get something going.

Leaving Ortiz and Manny on base last inning wasnt a good thing but still, this is the Red Sox. Lets GO!

Gander
07-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Besides, I still have half of a pint of ice cream & 2 cookies to finish off. What else would I do? Handicap tomorrow's card? Ya right.

Buffymommy
07-30-2006, 08:33 PM
I need a save so Angels need to let them get some runs, but only a couple.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Where did that ball (that Vlade hit) finally come down at? I want to know what they gave that guy last night.He was too fatigued to stay in the game yesterday,but was full of run tonight.Actually it was just as important to get Cabrera hitting.He is a good hitter,but likes to golf at crap,and they are more than happy to throw that junk if he will swing at it.What a race this year.Halos and the incredibly pesky A's.Redsox n' Yanks.What are the Redsox gunna get to match the Yanks' new toy?

oracle80
07-31-2006, 05:13 AM
Looks like Curt threw some batting practice last night. Nah, losing velocity doesnt hurt you, nah. Give me a ****ing break will you? His era is up to 3.84 now. It will get in the mid 4's by years ends. Yanks half game out.

Gander
07-31-2006, 06:21 AM
Ya the guy really stinks. I would take him off the starting rotation for that start! Funny how you were silent on Saturday when Randy Johnson was getting tagged by the Devil Rays. It happens.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Gander,I don't see that many games from Fenway.Is it very common to hit the ball out into the streets behind the ballpark? Schilling seemed pretty surprised by that one.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-31-2006, 06:33 AM
Ya the guy really stinks. I would take him off the starting rotation for that start! Funny how you were silent on Saturday when Randy Johnson was getting tagged by the Devil Rays. It happens.

Lackey had a horrible start 2 back AGAINST CLEVELAND.Threw the team off so bad that they lost the 1st 2 games (of a 4 game series) against K.C.That was a very hot day game. You would think they would now avoid starting him in a day game from now on,but I doubt that.

oracle80
07-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Difference is unlike you Gander i don't say that Johnson isnt washed up because I know he is. You on the other hand say that Schilling is the same old guy, therefore I don't have to defend a guy that I never defend, whereas anyone who tries to tell me that Schilling is the same old guy has to defend him after he pitches like a Babe Ruth coach tossing batting practice.
Hes a gamer, hes a warrior, hes been an awesome pitcher, hes still capable of throwing a great game at times, but.... hes definitely a shell of what he was and there is just no way to get around that.
Johnson is completely done, show me where I ever defended him, I wish they would trade him for a water boy.

Gander
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM
I dont think I ever said he was the "same old guy" Mike. If I used those exact words than I apologize, I just never remember saying he was the same old guy. I dont think he is washed up or a shell of what he used to be. I wont deny his velocity may have gone down 3-4 mphs, and his control isnt what it used to be but the guy knows what to do to win games. He goes deep into games and shuts batters down in the most key situations giving the Sox a chance to win games, in which they usually do.

While ERA is a very valid statitstic it doesnt always tell the whole story. I'd take Schilling and his 3.8 ERA over just about any guy with a 2.5-3.0 ERA any day of the week. Hes the biggest reason both the D Backs and the Red Sox have their rings.

Last night was brutal to watch. That ball Vlad hit just came down a few minutes ago, LOL!

oracle80
07-31-2006, 07:53 AM
I dont think I ever said he was the "same old guy" Mike. If I used those exact words than I apologize, I just never remember saying he was the same old guy. I dont think he is washed up or a shell of what he used to be. I wont deny his velocity may have gone down 3-4 mphs, and his control isnt what it used to be but the guy knows what to do to win games. He goes deep into games and shuts batters down in the most key situations giving the Sox a chance to win games, in which they usually do.

While ERA is a very valid statitstic it doesnt always tell the whole story. I'd take Schilling and his 3.8 ERA over just about any guy with a 2.5-3.0 ERA any day of the week. Hes the biggest reason both the D Backs and the Red Sox have their rings.

Last night was brutal to watch. That ball Vlad hit just came down a few minutes ago, LOL!

I was asleep but saw it on Sportscenter this morning, I couldnt believe it, how far was that thing? 500 feet? That was incredible.

Gander
07-31-2006, 07:55 AM
I've seen a lot of them Mike and the second Vlad made contact, I had goosebumps. I knew the ball was out of the stadium but man did you see how fast it was still moving? Like a line drive, that could have hurt someone in the street!

Disappointing game for sure, especially since it was the Sunday night ESPN game. We're very lucky we didnt get swept.