PDA

View Full Version : 9/6: Sat. Stakes Key Horses

Kasept
09-06-2008, 09:17 AM
On road to Rochester... Interested in some key horses to work around in today's assorted stakes...

ARLINGTON

8th: Arl-Wash Lassie

#12 Afleet Deceit (12-1) -- Gestes maiden closed like a wild horse to lose photo after stumbling at start in debut.. Gets perfect view of today's scenario under Emigh and should be the right price in superb betting affair..

9th: Pucker Up

#8 Much Obliged (6-1) -- Pierce's Kingmambo soph was beaten a neck by Tagg's Princess Jess two back at Oceanport, and that one is wiseguy gal in Gr. I Garden City today.. Lone concern was clear distaste for yielding Spa sod (Lake Placid) as Chicago lawn may have give today..

TURFWAY

9th: Fall Champinship

#3 Star Plus (8-1) -- McPeek famously strong with imports and three turn type horses, and this Argentinian may take to Poly.. Saves ground under Lanerie and is sure to be squarely toted..

DELAWARE

<$50 Stakes P3

8th: 2-3-6-9
9th: 1-3-8
10th: 1-2-3

4x3x4 = $48

WOODBINE

6th: Seaway

#7 Lucas Street (8-1) -- Chance to get consistent Pierce miss at best price ever while receiving scale break.. Extra 110 yards may suit stalking Melnyk homebred..

Good luck!
Steve

philcski
09-06-2008, 10:04 AM
On road to Rochester... Interested in some key horses to work around in today's assorted stakes...

ARLINGTON

#12 Afleet Deceit (12-1) -- Gestes maiden closed like a wild horse to lose photo after stumbling at start in debut.. Gets perfect view of today's scenario under Emigh and should be the right price in superb betting affair..

#8 Much Obliged (6-1) -- Pierce's Kingmambo soph was beaten a neck by Tagg's Princess Jess two back at Oceanport, and that one is wiseguy gal in Gr. I Garden City today.. Lone concern was clear distaste for yielding Spa sod (Lake Placid) as Chicago lawn may have give today..

TURFWAY

#3 Star Plus (8-1) -- McPeek famously strong with imports and three turn type horses, and this Argentinian may take to Poly.. Saves ground under Lanerie and is sure to be squarely toted..

DELAWARE

<$50 Stakes P3

4x3x4 = $48

WOODBINE

#7 Lucas Street (8-1) -- Chance to get consistent Pierce miss at best price ever while receiving scale break.. Extra 110 yards may suit stalking Melnyk homebred..

Good luck!
Steve

What you doing there? Say hello to Mama and Papa Philcski.

Kasept
09-06-2008, 10:08 AM
What you doing there? Say hello to Mama and Papa Philcski.
Tina's eldest son Zach.. Former NYS H.S. Player of the Year.. Brockport's starting QB..

philcski
09-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Tina's eldest son Zach.. Former NYS H.S. Player of the Year.. Brockport's starting QB..

WOW... very cool. Best of luck to him today.

zippyneedsawin
09-06-2008, 12:16 PM

Stop by the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que on your way home (it's downtown near the Blue Cross Arena.. you won't be disappointed!)

the_fat_man
09-06-2008, 12:28 PM

2 possibilities why she ran so poorly last out:

1) didn't like the off going

2) didn't like being so (uncharacteristically) close to the pace (and chasing) in a race that ultimately collapsed (with a high number of moves) and was won by the last mover

Another concern might be the distance.

This is a very competitive race.

hoovesupsideyourhead
09-06-2008, 12:42 PM
proctors horses will run big..

ninetoone
09-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Tight Precision looks OK to me...

Kasept
09-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Stop by the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que on your way home (it's downtown near the Blue Cross Arena.. you won't be disappointed!)
Dinosaur is Tina's younger son's favorite. He's a soph at U of Rochester and the #2 QB.

I like European Restaurant when in this area. .

Kasept
09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
proctors horses will run big..
Like Closeout more of the 2, but not in love at 4-1.

philcski
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Dinosaur is Tina's younger son's favorite. He's a soph at U of Rochester and the #2 QB.

I like European Restaurant when in this area. .

http://www.phillipseuropean.com/

I'm a little shocked anyone likes ANYTHING about my hometown.

3kings
09-06-2008, 08:18 PM

My brother lives there, the restaurant attached to the flagship Wegman's Tastings? is very good. Nice little town.

Hickory Hill Hoff
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM

How bout Genesee Beer... "our one brewery, makes it best!"

Hickory Hill Hoff
09-06-2008, 08:36 PM

How did they do?
I see his high school alma mater; Cambridge Indians got beat last night by Hoosick Falls, while class "C" returnee; Fonda-Fultonville Braves rolled up school record, 65 points versus Catholic Central. Cambridge and F-F could meet up this year in the section 2 class "C" playoffs and the Braves may finally table the tables on them.

Kasept
09-07-2008, 06:52 AM
How did they do?
They won in the 2nd overtime... Was fun. Zack played well though the team they beat (Wm. Patterson) isn't supposed to be too good.

I understand Cambridge is in store for a down year..

Kasept
09-07-2008, 07:13 AM

ARLINGTON

TURFWAY

DELAWARE

<$50 Stakes P3

4x3x4 = $48

WOODBINE

Good luck!
Steve
Did OK utilizing key horses Saturday with the Turfway stake hitter covering all bets when 2nd at nearly 7-1 behind Pete Anderson's Delightful Kiss ($19.00). Dominican was 3rd (3-1) and the EXA came back $60.70 ($1) while the TRI was a terrific $285.20 ($1)...

Afleet Deceit was 4th and Much Obliged 5th at Arlington, as was Lucas Street (5th) at Woodbine...

But a nice hit was available at Delaware if you adjusted when the middle P3 leg stake came off the turf... Peter Walder's Pyramist was an easy 4-5 winner ($3.40) after the Endine went to Larry Jones' favored Sweet Hope ($5.20). The key to the $140.00 P3 payoff was the nightcap bomb I used of (POE) P V Lightening ($30.60).

Have to go to a funeral in Connecticut today so no action... Hope you did OK Saturday!

Hickory Hill Hoff
09-07-2008, 08:15 AM
They won in the 2nd overtime... Was fun. Zack played well though the team they beat (Wm. Patterson) isn't supposed to be too good.

I understand Cambridge is in store for a down year..

That may be good news for the Braves.

docicu3
09-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Have to go to a funeral in Connecticut today so no action... Hope you did OK Saturday![/QUOTE]

A funeral on a Sunday?? What faith is that? Sorry for your loss but that is extremely unusual......usually a wake(old term) or a viewing is done on Sunday's.....I don't think I have even seen a funeral on a Sunday even in the Jewish religion though given their "day" is Saturday I am not sure why?

Travel safe....and stay off the Merritt Pky.....major ticket crackdown per family state police.

hockey2315
09-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Travel safe....and stay off the Merritt Pky.....major ticket crackdown per family state police.

I was driving on the Merritt the other day and there was a trooper with a dark green truck hiding in a bush with a radar gun. I've never seen anything like it.

docicu3
09-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I was driving on the Merritt the other day and there was a trooper with a dark green truck hiding in a bush with a radar gun. I've never seen anything like it.

They are out for blood for various political reasons......tickets by the dozen for awhile.

philcski
09-07-2008, 04:33 PM
They are out for blood for various political reasons......tickets by the dozen for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up, I drive the Hutch/Merritt a LOT.

Kasept
09-08-2008, 05:59 AM
A funeral on a Sunday?? What faith is that? Sorry for your loss but that is extremely unusual......usually a wake (old term) or a viewing is done on Sunday's.....I don't think I have even seen a funeral on a Sunday even in the Jewish religion though given their "day" is Saturday I am not sure why?

DD,

Was indeed a Jewish funeral and indeed Sundays are unusual but not unheard of... This is actually the 2nd close family friend/neighbor that has been buried on a Sunday. May not have factored, but both had held positions of importance during their lives at Temple Beth Sholom in Manchester, with Len Seader having been President and Edith Gottlieb head of Hadassah and Sisterhood.

There's no problem usually with the Temple for a Sunday.. it's the cemetary workers that apparently make Sundays difficult. In fact the rabbi yesterday mentioned that everyone needed to get to the grave site in short order as there was a time constraint involving the cemetary workers.

Appreciate the Merritt heads-up but we only go Mass Pike to Springfield (91) to Hartford (84) to Manchester...

zippyneedsawin
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
How bout Genesee Beer... "our one brewery, makes it best!"

LOL.. I've been in the brewery... smells like a Frat House!!