PDA

View Full Version : No Way

SCUDSBROTHER
07-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Some of this trade rumour stuff is total fiction.Halos willing to part with ERVIN SANTANA??? Uh, no..think again.Guy pitched great for 5 innings last start.Great stuff.No run support.Made a couple bad pitches,and they hurt him on those pitches.A little more concentration,and he would have won it.I don't think Stoneman has ever offered him to anybody.

timmgirvan
07-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Just the talking heads at work!

SCUDSBROTHER
07-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Well, they would have Tejada for 3 years.That being said,it isn't worth giving up the 2nd best starter.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Wish they would trade that Shields though.That guy is a choke in important games.That loss today is all on him,and those crappy pitches.They might win a division with that guy pitching late in games,but they need somebody else to go further.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-29-2006, 07:47 PM
"There are a couple of things that really tick me off right now,one is to lose the game, but the other is to blow it for Weav. That is really hurting right now....... I left a pitch out over the plate to Ortiz, and he hit it a long way,but that shouldn't have mattered; I still had some runs to work with. The wild pitch really came back to hurt us. There is really nothing more to say." -Scott Shields

Without that IDIOTIC,and UNPROFESSIONAL wild pitch,Franky could have gotten out of the 8th with a lead(even while giving up the bad luck blooper down the right field line.)It ain't bad enough that Shields choked,and left pitch after pitch out over the plate.No,that wild pitch was the cherry on top of his mess.He gave up a game ending homer to Frank Thomas a couple weeks ago.So,we have a definite trend here.The guy gets tight in the biggest games,and pitches a lot better against the easier teams.The Halos biggest problem is exactly what hurt them today(it ain't the starters,and it ain't the closer.)This was the biggest thing I was worried about when I bet the Halos to win the division(middle relief.)The 7th and 8th innings are like trying to get through the atmosphere without burning up,and becoming vapor.From the start of that 8th inning,Shields was not locating pitches.No,they can't go get him.They have to be loyal,and allow him to f it up.Anybody watching this game have any doubt that he was gunna get hit?Those pitches were in the wrong place.This guy can be of use against some lesser teams,but lets face it.He is no guy that can handle major league playoff/big game pressure.I am not saying Romero,or Donnelly are any better at all,but Shields has an arm that allows him to throw almost 5-6 days a week.He is tradeable.Nobody wants the others.Just dump the choke.WTF you gunna do?Make the playoffs,and then have Shields against Ortiz again(with the game on the line?) You f'n gunna wait until the last 4 games of the season,and have this choke face Frank Thomas in the last couple games with Oakland? Psychologically he is dead meat against the teams they have to beat to get anywhere.Trade him for a stronger mind.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Looks like Santana is indeed on the trading block.Says he will trade to get a starter to replace him(if he trades him.)Yeah, trade a good starter to get a hitter,and then you have no middle relief to protect the lead this player may help you get.Get some middle relief.Stop ignoring the need.