PDA

View Full Version : SAT Plays 7/29 - 240 units up

Bogey
07-29-2006, 09:56 AM
We had a case of secondidis last week and the account took a bit of a hit. Let's get back in the winner's circle. We start the day up 240 units.

Saratoga - Race 8 -Diana Handicap G1

#7 My Typhoon - Mott seems confident enough to have this talented filly try Grade 1 company. She's regally bred with her sire being Euro Champ Giant's Causeway and her dam won the '93 Arc de Triomphe. She's ready for the big time.

#2 Angara - Will benefit from a soft going. Hasn't been as good as she was last year.

#4 Sweet Talker - She's also a sweet shipper as she travels everywhere for Motion. Very nice effort in her last behind Dance in the Mood.

#6 Lady of Venice (Fr) - French connections all the way around. Powerful win in the G3 Regret last time out.

The Plays - 20 units to win on #7 My Typhoon

5 units exacta box 7 with 2 4 6 = 30 units

Jim Dandy - Race 9

#4 Bernardini - He should validate his Preakness win.

#1a Minister's Bid - Has been impressive, but faces graded company for the first time.

No play - just watching

Arlington Park - Race 8 - Washington Park

#6 Suave - Gutsy win over Second of June at CD. A couple of dull efforts at GP prior to that. Should get a nice stalking trip.

#1 Perfect Drift - Won this race last year, but faces much better today. Over $4.4 Mill in the bank.

#5 Second of June - Great story. He's come back from two long layoffs and is back in graded company. Tons of heart.

The Play 10 units exacta 6 over 1 5 = 20 units

Also, 10 units Daily Double 5 6 over 2 = 20 units

Race 9

# 2 Tio Lupe - Drop and stretchout should do the trick. Ran a 96 BSF versus similar company at TAM to start the year.

The play 10 units to win

Ellis Park - Race 9 - CHALK PLAYERS / BRIDGE JUMPERS DELIGHT

#1 Spark of Humor - Last four turf tries have been solid. Should get a nice rail trip. Simply towards over this field.

The Play - 50 units to win

Leaves the account at plus 90 units

Good Racing Luck

Bogey
07-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Bernardini was awesome today! We had the exact order of finish in the Washington Park. The Chalk play came through as well. My Typhoon ran well, but Angara just loves the soft turf. Will Mott turn her around in two weeks, so that she can defend her Beverly D title? The account climbed up to 292 units at day's end. We'll be ready to fire tomorrow.

sumitas
07-29-2006, 05:37 PM
u r in the groove...nice goin.

PSH
07-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Good Job in getting the bankroll up today...
Especially at Arlington.

Had Angara, it was sure an exciting race.
Also had the exacta heavy in the Jim Dandy. Was not sure Minister Bid would get up but up he did. Thankfully as i really played it heavy and made up for yesterday ....

Look forward to tomorrow...
PSH:)

Bogey
07-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks, Sum & PSH

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Just curious but why do you use the term 'units' instead of 'dollars'? Also great job on a good day and continued success at the track!

Bogey
07-30-2006, 06:31 AM
1st Sat, the reason I use units is because everybody's units are different (No pund intended). For one person a unit might be $1.00 and for another a unit might be $10.00. It all depends on the type of player you are. Obviously some people bet more than others. I hope that kind of clears it for you. Thanks, Bogey

ArlJim78
07-30-2006, 08:06 AM
1st Sat, the reason I use units is because everybody's units are different (No pund intended). For one person a unit might be $1.00 and for another a unit might be $10.00. It all depends on the type of player you are. Obviously some people bet more than others. I hope that kind of clears it for you. Thanks, Bogey
Actually the units are the same in each case you have given, dollars. Only the quantity is different. You could just as easily say here I'm wagering $1 and here I'm wagering $10.

It might be necessary to refer to units if there were some people wagering in different currencies.

Bogey
07-30-2006, 10:14 AM
ArlJim, I understand what you are saying, but I actually email these selections to a few people that play my selections. Some of them play with limited bankrolls and some of them play with more at stake. I don't want to multiple my selections up to 10 times the amount to someone that usually doesn't play that much. I leave it up to the person to determine what amount they want to wager. When you have $ figure in front it sometimes throws people off for some reason. I know you probably think it is confusing, but I've been doing it for awhile and people seem to like it.

For example, yesterday's 9th race at Ellis Park I would not recommend to the player with a small bankroll because of the risk involved. Obviously a 3-5 shot is not what they are looking for. I know a few people that like to jump on a sure thing and I felt very confident about his chances.

Thanks, Bogey

ArlJim78
07-30-2006, 10:27 AM
ArlJim, I understand what you are saying, but I actually email these selections to a few people that play my selections. Some of them play with limited bankrolls and some of them play with more at stake. I don't want to multiple my selections up to 10 times the amount to someone that usually doesn't play that much. I leave it up to the person to determine what amount they want to wager. When you have $ figure in front it sometimes throws people off for some reason. I know you probably think it is confusing, but I've been doing it for awhile and people seem to like it.

For example, yesterday's 9th race at Ellis Park I would not recommend to the player with a small bankroll because of the risk involved. Obviously a 3-5 shot is not what they are looking for. I know a few people that like to jump on a sure thing and I felt very confident about his chances.

Thanks, Bogey

I guess what ever works for you. I just don't see what is confusing about giving all your selections in dollar increments and then the user can take it from there based on their bankroll.

FYI, I used Suave yesterday to anchor a nice P3.

going back to arl today for more fun,
good luck

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Gotcha Bogey! I understand your reasoning...

Dustin

Bogey
07-30-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks 1st Sat, I'm glad somebody does. I'm glad some of us are on the same wavelength. LOL

Miller
07-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Bogey,

I think the wavelength is longer than you think.

Miller