PDA

View Full Version : Red Sox fans, Yankee haters, Bold Ruler, etc

oracle80
07-29-2006, 06:57 AM
LOL!! yanks now 1 1/2 up in the wild card and only 1/2 game behind the Red Sox for the East. Been telling you guys what was gonna happen for a month now. That streak the Sox had seems a long time ago in a galaxy far away now doesn't it? They look in the rear view mirror now and see a tractor trailer with a Yankees logo on it about to run right over the top of them.
They are gonna get flattened like a pancake and Cano, Matsui, and Sheffield continue to progress for their returns.
Get ready to kiss your asses goodbye boys, cause the Yankees are about to beat the Red Sox around like a red headed stepchild.

boldruler
07-29-2006, 07:52 AM
For the record, you are a half game up in the wild card, not 1.5 games. And that team right behind you (White Sox) is in my opinion the probably the best team in baseball, although I still think the Twins will win the WC.

You didn't need to include the Bold Ruler, Yankee haters covered me. :)

I do hate the Braves considerably more though.

You keep playing for that WC and fighting it out for the division. We are 12.5 games up and the Yankees can't play Tampa forever.

Nothing would make me happier than a Mets-Yankees WS, because this time we have a much better team than the Yankees. With Maine and Pelfrey coming along and with Pedro back to himself after his rusty first inning last night, the well rested Mets will walk into the WS.

The great thing is we don't have to worry about Mariano, because he won't be much use for a team down 5 runs in the ninth every game. :eek:

oracle80
07-29-2006, 08:39 AM
For the record, you are a half game up in the wild card, not 1.5 games. And that team right behind you (White Sox) is in my opinion the probably the best team in baseball, although I still think the Twins will win the WC.

You didn't need to include the Bold Ruler, Yankee haters covered me. :)

I do hate the Braves considerably more though.

You keep playing for that WC and fighting it out for the division. We are 12.5 games up and the Yankees can't play Tampa forever.

Nothing would make me happier than a Mets-Yankees WS, because this time we have a much better team than the Yankees. With Maine and Pelfrey coming along and with Pedro back to himself after his rusty first inning last night, the well rested Mets will walk into the WS.

The great thing is we don't have to worry about Mariano, because he won't be much use for a team down 5 runs in the ninth every game. :eek:

For the record you are completely wrong. The Yanks are 1 1/2 games up now with Chisox and Minny both losing last night. I don't know what paper you read but it must be an early edition without last night's results.:)

boldruler
07-29-2006, 10:44 AM
For the record you are completely wrong. The Yanks are 1 1/2 games up now with Chisox and Minny both losing last night. I don't know what paper you read but it must be an early edition without last night's results.:)

I read the correct newspapers.

You are completely wrong. No surprise here. You seem to be wrong quite a bit. In this case you are wrong 2x. Shocking.

1) The White Sox won last night.

2) They are 1/2 game back of the Yankees. One is 60-40 (Yankees) and one is 60-41 (White Sox). That is half a game.

I hope you read your sheets better than the standings.

Good luck today. I see you don't like the Lady of Venice today. I would't go too crazy betting against her.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-29-2006, 11:01 AM
NY Yankees 60 40 .600

Chicago Sox 60 41 .594 -.5

Minnesota 59 42 .584- 1.5

Toronto 57 46 .553 -4.5

The nice thing is that Toronto needs to win to stay around.Beat ya some ATHLETIC A.

Gander
07-29-2006, 05:12 PM
LOL, I went to the White Sox - Oriole game last night. The Orioles blew a 4-2 lead in the 9th inning allowing a grand slam to the guy who replaced the injured Paul Konerko.

I wouldnt get too excited about being a game or two up or a game or 2 down with this much baseball left to go.

Just sit back and enjoy the great ride we are all in for these next 2-3 months. Its why baseball is the greatest sport. Pennant races and wildcard races just seem to get better every year.

Last night was my first trip to Camden Yards, wow what a beautiful and clean stadium. You can eat off the floor there. Cant possibly get a bad seat there like you can in Yankee Stadium and even Fenway. Well done.

boldruler
07-29-2006, 05:15 PM
LOL, I went to the White Sox - Oriole game last night. The Orioles blew a 4-2 lead in the 9th inning allowing a grand slam to the guy who replaced the injured Paul Konerko.

I wouldnt get too excited about being a game or two up or a game or 2 down with this much baseball left to go.

Just sit back and enjoy the great ride we are all in for these next 2-3 months. Its why baseball is the greatest sport. Pennant races and wildcard races just seem to get better every year.

Last night was my first trip to Camden Yards, wow what a beautiful and clean stadium. You can eat off the floor there. Cant possibly get a bad seat there like you can in Yankee Stadium and even Fenway. Well done.

I am a huge Mets fan, but baseball isn't the greatest sport. Football is far superior. Unless you are a big market team baseball is basically the most unfair sport out there. Half the teams have zero chance every year. Without a salary cap baseball can never be put on par with football. And I am a suffering Jets fan.

Gander
07-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Ya your right, those NFL playoffs and Super Bowls these last few years have been real compelling. Wouldnt have missed them for the world.

Hey, when am I getting my fish?

boldruler
07-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Ya your right, those NFL playoffs and Super Bowls these last few years have been real compelling. Wouldnt have missed them for the world.

Hey, when am I getting my fish?

Well atleast the little cities can compete. The NFL playoffs are as good as it gets.

I have to be up there on August 15 for the two Strategic Mission girls. So let me know if you will be around for your fish.

Gander
07-29-2006, 08:08 PM
The 15th is a Tuesday and I should be in my office, so yes I can scoot over and we can meet up. Maybe in the morning sometime.

I have found the NFL to be a bore. Not really a fan but I have tried getting into the playoffs but they just have disappointed me. I know the league is much stronger than MLB and they do just about everything better, but I am just a baseball guy, always have been and always will be. Seems like the World Series and playoffs have been really good every year this decade.