PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Motels Update

TheSpyder
08-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Looks like I'll be able to squeze in a day at the end of the month. I know there's been many threads but with it being a bit slow has anyone seen a bargin in and around Toga?

Have very limited budget and just need a place to crash.

Thanks,

Scott

3kings
08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Best I have found is in albany....Days Inn on Wolf rd. about $75.00 a night. Anything in Saratoga has been at least $300/nt. Don't know if it is a dump or not. Have it tentatively booked 8/16-17, although I am looking for other options closer.

ddthetide
08-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Best I have found is in albany....Days Inn on Wolf rd. about $75.00 a night. Anything in Saratoga has been at least $300/nt. Don't know if it is a dump or not. Have it tentatively booked 8/16-17, although I am looking for other options closer.it was a wyngate last year. that's where we stayed for both races and it was nice.

XIIPointStables
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
What about on a Tuesday night? Do you think they have better deals/rates on an "off" night?

ninetoone
08-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I stayed there for a couple days several years back...don't know what the name of the place was, but it was a cheap motel off the main drag coming into Saratoga (S.Broadway-Rt 9?)...right next to a BBQ joint...believe it was just South of the state park. I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I'm sure it was under a hundred bucks a night & if I remember right, only about 10-15 minutes away. Good luck.

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I stayed there for a couple days several years back...don't know what the name of the place was, but it was a cheap motel off the main drag coming into Saratoga (S.Broadway-Rt 9?)...right next to a BBQ joint...believe it was just South of the state park. I have no idea if it's still there or not, but I'm sure it was under a hundred bucks a night & if I remember right, only about 10-15 minutes away. Good luck.

The Robinwood on rte. 50, between Ballston Spa & Saratoga

Hickory Hill Hoff
08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Looks like I'll be able to squeze in a day at the end of the month. I know there's been many threads but with it being a bit slow has anyone seen a bargin in and around Toga?

Have very limited budget and just need a place to crash.

Thanks,

Scott

There are a few places on rte. 9 north toward Glens Falls, nothing fancy and about 15 to 20 mins. from the track.

XIIPointStables
08-12-2008, 08:20 PM
There are two places right near PJ's BBQ on RT. 9 that are pretty cheap.

Top Hill Motel
Design Motel

If you're willing to go an exit or two down, there are even more.

I was able to call and get a room at the Community Court Motel at Congress Park for $129+tax next Tuesday night. Thought that was a pretty good deal. Their listed price online was at last $50 more.

Here is a link to a list of places to stay. Might want to call and see what type of rate you can score by phone.

http://www.saratoga.org/visitors/where_to_stay_in_saratoga_county/index.asp

ninetoone
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
The Robinwood on rte. 50, between Ballston Spa & Saratoga

It was the Top Hill Motel...thanks for the reminder XIIPointStables...

ELA
08-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Check out the Best Western just south of downtown. It's relatively new, not downtown, and below the radar a bit. You'll be able to get a better deal during the week. Last year, my friend got weeknights for under $125 and this year they have vacancies from what I heard.

With some of the places up and down Rt. 9/9P you might want to be a bit careful.

Eric

XIIPointStables
08-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Check out the Best Western just south of downtown. It's relatively new, not downtown, and below the radar a bit. You'll be able to get a better deal during the week. Last year, my friend got weeknights for under $125 and this year they have vacancies from what I heard.

With some of the places up and down Rt. 9/9P you might want to be a bit careful.

Eric

We stayed there two weeks ago, the second weekend of the meet. $269/night Friday and Saturday. But their breakfast station was immense (BELGIAN WAFFLE MAKER) and the service was very solid. Claimed they were not sold out for any night the rest of the meet.

ELA
08-13-2008, 08:33 AM
We stayed there two weeks ago, the second weekend of the meet. $269/night Friday and Saturday. But their breakfast station was immense (BELGIAN WAFFLE MAKER) and the service was very solid. Claimed they were not sold out for any night the rest of the meet.

$269 on the weekend? Any idea about during the week? I don't think they are a corporate owned. Call them and find out. Ask if they offer a horsemen's rate, Tripple A, etc. Good luck.

Eric

TheSpyder
08-13-2008, 09:04 AM
I called several area motels this morning and all gave the standard price, even when I pushed them. Having said that, they're hopeing business lost comes back at the end of the meet. One place said that if you call a few days before the date you're going they have dropped from $125 to $90 and I would think others would do similar. The poster who said they got Community Court for $129, that's the lowest I've heard them in years and years.

Spyder$269 on the weekend? Any idea about during the week? I don't think they are a corporate owned. Call them and find out. Ask if they offer a horsemen's rate, Tripple A, etc. Good luck.

Eric

XIIPointStables
08-13-2008, 09:32 AM
RE: Community Court. Last week I called it was $159. Last night was $129. So what Spyder says above is probably right on.

TheSpyder
08-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Anybody still going I suggest calling the day before and getting the owner on the line. Give them a good story and you'll get a heck of a deal. I got a $199 motel for $139 downtown.

Spyder

XIIPointStables
04-27-2009, 01:12 PM
This is more of a housing update...

It seems like a lot of the houses in the area that are earmarked for Track Rentals are doing at least some sort of discount this year.

Our group was able to get a place a mile from the track for less then we paid for a place in Gansevoort the last five years.

I have used Racing City Realty (http://www.racingcityrealty.com/saratoga-track-ballet-real-estate-rentals.htm), and they have a specials page up for the track. They have always been good to our group.

Just a thought for those looking for a longer stay.

MaTH716
05-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Just got this one for $119 a night around opening day. Supposedly it's only 5 miles from the track. Looking foward to having some Carolina BBQ!
http://saratogamalta.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

blackthroatedwind
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Just got this one for $119 a night around opening day. Supposedly it's only 5 miles from the track. Looking foward to having some Carolina BBQ!
http://saratogamalta.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

Plus, the best haircut in the area, the Beauty Society, is just a few yards down the road.

pmacdaddy
06-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Seems like good rates on Priceline for the Inn at Saratoga. I got a Sunday for $201. They seem booked pretty well on Fri/Sat and rates are higher.

I called hotel directly. May be worth looking into if anyone is going on off days.

Got Saratoga tix in the mail last week. Life is good...

ELA
06-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Try the Adirondack Inn. They had vacancies.

Everyplace is down. Independently owned places will deal. They would rather know they have sold a room rather than rely on a drive up.

Eric