PDA

View Full Version : AL playoff race/great show ahead!!!!

oracle80
07-26-2006, 09:25 AM
The AL playoff race is going to be incredible the rest of the way home!! The pathetic West will send one team to the playoffs and the Tigers are just too far out in front to blow a playoff spot. The incredible race is the 4 team race for the other two spots. The Red Sox have a 2 game lead over Chi, 2 1/2 on the Yanks, and 3 on the Twins. 4 teams 3 games apart!!!! Only two can go and both the Twins and Sox can't go. This should be nailbiting down to the very last day. Great stuff!

boldruler
07-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Well the White Sox and Twins both can't go, but the Red Sox and Twins can, and that is likely who is going to make it. AL West winner, Detroit, Red Sox and Twins seem to be the 4 most likely to make it. The Twins might be the best of them all in a playoff series.

The Twins at 12-1 to win it all is what I locked in on this week.

oracle80
07-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Well the White Sox and Twins both can't go, but the Red Sox and Twins can, and that is likely who is going to make it. AL West winner, Detroit, Red Sox and Twins seem to be the 4 most likely to make it. The Twins might be the best of them all in a playoff series.

The Twins at 12-1 to win it all is what I locked in on this week.
I say its the Yankees and Twins who go. Yanks continue to amaze by winning with a lineup that noone could ever have imagined would keep them this close. Last night the lineup included Bubba Crosby(damon out), Guiles in right field, Cairo, and Andy Phillips. QUite frankly I don't know how they keep doing it, they must be chuckling in the clubhouse after thee game. Damon's return is imminent, Cano is expected back in a week(hes the guy they miss the most now), Matsui has been running throwing and catching with the team and even took swings off the batting tee yesterday. Hes expected back in about 2 weeks. Sheff is ahead of schedule according to a VERY good source, and will be back by September 1st. I really don't see how they can miss the playoffs with those guys coming back. They have 64 games left to play and 23 of them incredibly are against Baltimore and Tampa bay, lol. Bet against them at your own peril.

oracle80
07-26-2006, 09:48 AM
And Minnesota is a shoo in to finish ahead of the White Sox Bold Ruler, I agree. Minnesota like the Yankees have a huge schedule advantage coming up. 11 games against kansas City,7 games with Cleveland, 6 games with Baltimore, and 3 with Tampa Bay. Thats 27 games against those teams. Thats huge.

boldruler
07-26-2006, 09:55 AM
I say its the Yankees and Twins who go. Yanks continue to amaze by winning with a lineup that noone could ever have imagined would keep them this close. Last night the lineup included Bubba Crosby(damon out), Guiles in right field, Cairo, and Andy Phillips. QUite frankly I don't know how they keep doing it, they must be chuckling in the clubhouse after thee game. Damon's return is imminent, Cano is expected back in a week(hes the guy they miss the most now), Matsui has been running throwing and catching with the team and even took swings off the batting tee yesterday. Hes expected back in about 2 weeks. Sheff is ahead of schedule according to a VERY good source, and will be back by September 1st. I really don't see how they can miss the playoffs with those guys coming back. They have 64 games left to play and 23 of them incredibly are against Baltimore and Tampa bay, lol. Bet against them at your own peril.

More than half of their remaining games are against Boston, Toronto, Minnesota, Chicago, LA/Anaheim, and Detroit.

No playoffs for the Yankees with that pitching staff.

oracle80
07-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Boston and the Chisox are definitely screwed with schedule from here on in. I don't consider anyone on the West a gimme game, I reserve that status for KC, Cleveland, Tampa, and Baltimore. The Sox have 17 games against those teams as opposed to Minny's 27 and Yankees 27 games against those teams.
Chisox have 23 games against those teams.
Breaks down like this in "easy games" with KC, Tampa, Cleveland, and Baltimore:
Twins 27 games left
Yankees 27 games left
White Sox 23 games left
Boston 17 games left

I think in a 4 team race thats only 3 games apart that schedule makes a huge difference with only 64 games left. Boston plays a much harder schedule that the other teams do.

oracle80
07-26-2006, 10:01 AM
More than half of their remaining games are against Boston, Toronto, Minnesota, Chicago, LA/Anaheim, and Detroit.

No playoffs for the Yankees with that pitching staff.
So are everyone elses, I just gave you the breakdown, and my stats are 100% correct. Boston has by far the toughest schedule, Yanks play the teams you just listed(substituting Yanks for themselves). They play those teams 29 more times. The Yankees play those teams 34 times. But they have ten games more against the weak teams than Boston does. Gives em a 5 game advantage(2 1/2 games in the standings system, which is exactly what they trail Boston by). That little advantage plus the return of 4 stars really gives them a clear edge.

boldruler
07-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Boston and the Chisox are definitely screwed with schedule from here on in. I don't consider anyone on the West a gimme game, I reserve that status for KC, Cleveland, Tampa, and Baltimore. The Sox have 17 games against those teams as opposed to Minny's 27 and Yankees 27 games against those teams.
Chisox have 23 games against those teams.
Breaks down like this in "easy games" with KC, Tampa, Cleveland, and Baltimore:
Twins 27 games left
Yankees 27 games left
White Sox 23 games left
Boston 17 games left

I think in a 4 team race thats only 3 games apart that schedule makes a huge difference with only 64 games left. Boston plays a much harder schedule that the other teams do.

But the Yankees aren't as good as them. Minnesota might even challenge Detroit. It is the division or nothing for the Yankees.

The Twins are 34-8 over their last 42. The Yankees are 23-19 over their last 42. Huge difference.

BellamyRd.
07-26-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm liking the Twins
that 1-2 pitching punch
don't drawl them in a short series
the Tigers seem like they'll make it
but I wouldn't be afraid of them
in the post-season
my preseason pick was Texas
but I suppose it doesn't matter
out west~we'll go w/ the A's
so that leaves Yankees and BoSox
my mortal enemy (yes I have one like all superhero's do)
he loves the Red Sox, so I gotta go Yankees
senior circuit? Mets, Cards, Daddys, and umm a west team

Seattleallstar
07-26-2006, 11:01 AM
world series

seattle mariners vs atlanta braves

Crown@club
07-26-2006, 11:20 AM

Crosby is worthy enough to be a fulltime starter somewhere else.

whorstman
07-26-2006, 11:37 AM
So are everyone elses, I just gave you the breakdown, and my stats are 100% correct. Boston has by far the toughest schedule, Yanks play the teams you just listed(substituting Yanks for themselves). They play those teams 29 more times. The Yankees play those teams 34 times. But they have ten games more against the weak teams than Boston does. Gives em a 5 game advantage(2 1/2 games in the standings system, which is exactly what they trail Boston by). That little advantage plus the return of 4 stars really gives them a clear edge.

How about a 1 game playoff for the division between Yanks & Socks! Loser goes home! That would be a great game to watch! Who would you guys put on the mound for each team? Ora, would you want the big Unit?

boldruler
07-26-2006, 11:44 AM
How about a 1 game playoff for the division between Yanks & Socks! Loser goes home! That would be a great game to watch! Who would you guys put on the mound for each team? Ora, would you want the big Unit?

They are both so short on pitching that it wouldn't matter. The winner would get smoked in the first round. They would have nobody good to pitch. Both have 2 good starters and then garbage.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Boldruler, you said the Twins are 12-1 to win it all? They were 25/1 yesterday to do that,and 10-1 to win the American league.Lock in a little tighter.

boldruler
07-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Boldruler, you said the Twins are 12-1 to win it all? They were 25/1 yesterday to do that,and 10-1 to win the American league.Lock in a little tighter.

They are 11.77-1 to win it all. It was worth a $200 bet.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-26-2006, 01:20 PM
LOOK Here...Twins are still 10-1 to win American League,and 25-1 to win the World Series.What's done is done.So this is for somebody else who wants to play them(not to make fun of you.)

2006 AMERICAN LEAGUE PENNANT - OUTRIGHT Time:19:06
Price

Detroit Tigers

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

Chicago White Sox

Oakland Athletics

Minnesota Twins

Price

Texas Rangers

Toronto Blue Jays

Los Angeles Angels

Seattle Mariners

Cleveland Indians

Baltimore Orioles

----------------------------------------------------------------
2006 WORLD SERIES - OUTRIGHT Time:19:05

New York Mets

Detroit Tigers

Chicago White Sox

Boston Red Sox

New York Yankees

St Louis Cardinals

Oakland Athletics

Toronto Blue Jays

Los Angeles Angels

Los Angeles Dodgers

Minnesota Twins

Texas Rangers

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

Houston Astros

Atlanta Braves

Cincinnati Reds

Arizona Diamondbacks

Colorado Rockies

Seattle Mariners

Milwaukee Brewers

Philadelphia Phillies

Cleveland Indians

Chicago Cubs

Florida Marlins

Washington Nationals

Baltimore Orioles

boldruler
07-26-2006, 01:24 PM
What lines are those. I use Pinnacle.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-26-2006, 01:27 PM
leave email

oracle80
08-03-2006, 08:36 PM
But the Yankees aren't as good as them. Minnesota might even challenge Detroit. It is the division or nothing for the Yankees.

The Twins are 34-8 over their last 42. The Yankees are 23-19 over their last 42. Huge difference.
Boy Bold Ruler you really know your stuff. Near as i can tell you may have the worst opinions on horses and baseball I ever saw. Just thought I'd show you thumping your chest on the Twins(LOL!!!!) and dissing the Yanks. Oh wait, thats the FIRST PLACE YANKEES!!!!