PDA

View Full Version : 3 Belmont plays for Friday.....

IrishofNDMan
06-19-2008, 08:25 PM
Race 1
Americanus

Race 3
Shopton Lane

Race 6
Twistaway

jcs11204
06-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Race 1
Americanus

Race 3
Shopton Lane

Race 6
Twistaway
i like twistaway a bit... def. using him in pick 4

parsixfarms
06-19-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm not saying that she'll win the race, but Twistaway is a one-paced sort of filly that should like the one-turn 7.5F race.

I don't get Americanus. He sat a perfect trip last out and didn't go with it in a race where everything up front except the favored winner tired badly. Being outclosed by Brooker D doesn't say much. And let's not forget this was a horse that both Contessa and Levine have already given up on.

blackthroatedwind
06-19-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm not saying that she'll win the race, but Twistaway is a one-paced sort of filly that should like the one-turn 7.5F race.

I don't get Americanus. He sat a perfect trip last out and didn't go with it in a race where everything up front except the favored winner tired badly. Being outclosed by Brooker D doesn't say much. And let's not forget this was a horse that both Contessa and Levine have already given up on.

I agree that the one turn is better for Twistaway. However, she's just not very good and unlikely to win.

I don't get Americanus either. And Shopton Lane? I should walk the streets of Manhattan in a dunce cap if he wins.

I should probably walk the streets with one anyway.

NTamm1215
06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Shopton Lane is a very dangerous play in the 3rd IMO. Not only did his last win come on the most speed biased track of the winter (and yes, I have empirical data to back that up) but it was also in a race where the 3rd place finisher was in trouble through the length of the stretch. You have to believe Merchant Marine will not let this guy get far away either.

Twistaway ran the race of her life when going turf to dirt last November but you have to wonder if she still has any idea how to win. When one of the strongest angles on a horse is Coa on, you're probably grasping at straws. However, Eibar is riding like a machine right now and he is a gigantic improvement over Mike Luzzi.

Americanus loves Belmont, is back in against N1Y claimers and should get a great target in R Fast Favorite. His last wasn't that bad and there's really not much in here, despite the presence of an overbet Richard Dutrow entry. I'd say he's the likelies of the three to get the job done.

NT

jcs11204
06-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I agree that the one turn is better for Twistaway. However, she's just not very good and unlikely to win.

I don't get Americanus either. And Shopton Lane? I should walk the streets of Manhattan in a dunce cap if he wins.

I should probably walk the streets with one anyway.
who do you like in there ?
jerkens ?

blackthroatedwind
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
who do you like in there ?
jerkens ?

I will be handicapping the entire card at 2:05 tomorrow on " Talking Horses " from Belmont.

Don't miss it.

NTamm1215
06-19-2008, 10:42 PM
There's epic television then there's Talkin' Horses with Eric Donovan and Andy Serling discussing a smattering of conditioned claimers on the sunset program.

Seriously, it is a very informative show, especially now that there is a preponderance of replays shown and good information shared. Definitely worthy of a few moments of your time if you plan to play the NYRA card.

NT

blackthroatedwind
06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
If you're handicapping the entire card at 2:05, I suspect that your selections for the first two, if not three, races will be impeccable.

Good luck.

Good one smart ass.;)

Post time is 3pm on Fridays.

jcs11204
06-19-2008, 10:54 PM
I will be handicapping the entire card at 2:05 tomorrow on " Talking Horses " from Belmont.

Don't miss it.
i watched you today...

blackthroatedwind
06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
i watched you today...

I hope, for your sake, you had the mute on.

jcs11204
06-19-2008, 10:59 PM
i did not do much better, i have been destroyed 2 days in a row....
but no i did not have the mute on...its ok though, i would listen to your opinion over erick or jason anyday...:)

the_fat_man
06-19-2008, 11:11 PM

Far from a perfect trip, in my opinion.

asudevil
06-19-2008, 11:26 PM
i did not do much better, i have been destroyed 2 days in a row....
but no i did not have the mute on...its ok though, i would listen to your opinion over erick or jason anyday...:)
Hey BTW, don't stop short.....

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-20-2008, 12:25 AM

Don't miss it.
see if you can work this word of the day in the show
http://www.diclib.com/cgi-bin/d1.cgi?l=en&base=coed&page=showid&id=34330

zippyneedsawin
06-20-2008, 06:39 AM

How do you know he watched you through a tevision.. and not say.. through some binoculars?? :eek:

parsixfarms
06-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Far from a perfect trip, in my opinion.

What was wrong with the trip? He sat a few lengths off the pace, started to make what looked likely to be a winning move, and came up totally empty.

Mike
06-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Do I just click on the "Talking Horses" link on the NYRA-Belmont website to access this show?

IrishofNDMan
06-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Race 1
Americanus

Race 3
Shopton Lane

Race 6
Twistaway

two seconds and a first, didn't get a chance to see the races as I was working all day but will watch them now. Twistaway really helped me.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-20-2008, 06:11 PM
two seconds and a first, didn't get a chance to see the races as I was working all day but will watch them now. Twistaway really helped me.
good job

IrishofNDMan
06-20-2008, 06:16 PM
good job

Thanks, was hoping Shopton Lane would hold on so I could see BTW in the Dunce cap and help my bankroll at the same time.