PDA

View Full Version : Gpk's Kontest/rules & Regs

GPK
07-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Ok, here we go. Many of ya'll have played in my previous contests on the ESPN board. For those of you that have particpated before, welcome back. For those of you that are new, welcome aboard. The rules and details of the contest are as follows;

1. The contest will be strictly for Saratoga Race Track. Since it is a short meet, we will use 3 racing days per week, instead of the traditional 2 days. The 3 days will be every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The FIRST contest day will be FRIDAY July 28th. The LAST contest day will be MONDAY Sept. 4th. That last week will be the ONLY week we use 4 days instead of 3. That will be a total of 19 days worth of wagers.

2. The contest will be mythical $2 Win/Place wagers for each race. I know I mentioned something possibly different in another thread, but I find this to be the easiest format for me to keep a running total of. Most handicapping contests use this format as well.

3. There will be a 20-1 cap ($42) on win bets and 10-1 cap ($22) on all place bets. In my past contests, if you were incorrect in your picks, the money was deducted from your total. THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE FOR THIS CONTEST.

4. Each player will pick one (1) horse per from ANY ONE RACE on each contest day. In the event that your horse is scratched, YOU WILL RECEIVE THE POST TIME FAVORITE FOR THAT RACE. There will be NO ALTERNATE SELECTIONS for this contest. ALL SELECTIONS MUST BE POSTED 10 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF THE RACE.

5. Each contest day will have it's own seperate thread. I ask that that you give me the race number and THE HORSE'S NAME. DO NOT give me the program number or the post position number for the horse. If your horse is part of a coupled entry, PLEASE state that with your pick.

6. The winner will be the person that has the highest total $$ amount after the races have completed on Monday Sept. 4th.

7. There will be NO BYES. If you miss a day, tough:D If there is someone that wants to join in after the start date of July 28th, that is fine, but they will not be allowed an extra wagering day in order to catch up.

8. I will have the running totals posted by 12:00 noon the Monday after each weekend.

I highly encourage everyone to participate in GPK's Kontest. The contest is FREE and open to anyone that is a member of Derby Trail. There will be a nice prize (purchased by yours truly) to the winner of the contest. I have to check with Kasept to insure that I can post the company's name on his site here, I do not want to conflict with any DT Sponsors.

Look forward to a great 'Toga meet full of winners for everyone. A little trash talking is okay, but please keep the personal and vindictive insults to yourselves. Thanks.

GPK

paisjpq
07-26-2006, 06:05 AM
sounds fun GPK. count me in.

Buffymommy
07-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Cool beans dude. Now I am excited about Saratoga! I may miss a day this weekend as I will be in Ocala, but I will try to use my mom's computer to look over picks.

And we're off...

By the way, I don't have any friends at Saratoga to give me any insights so Pete will probably kick my butt in this contest. :)

dr. fager
07-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Maybe if I get laid off I can play, I have to work most Fridays douche:eek:

GPK
07-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Maybe if I get laid off I can play, I have to work most Fridays douche:eek:

Look...your monkey ass don't do anything on Thursday nights but sit online anyway...you can make your picks then.

dr. fager
07-26-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm letting my boy Damascus'67 represent the baby burgh in this one.

Buffymommy
07-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Why the cap though?

GPK
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Why the cap though?

You will find that most legitimate contests do this Buffy. It's to keep people that are falling way behind to take a stab at some 60-1 shot and end up winning based on 1 lucky guess.

Buffymommy
07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
You will find that most legitimate contests do this Buffy. It's to keep people that are falling way behind to take a stab at some 60-1 shot and end up winning based on 1 lucky guess.

Oh OK. I don't get into those contests. I only do the ones on the boards. You are the boss and we play by your rules. Not trying to argue, just wondering why the cap. I get it now. :)

Scav
07-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Finally, a real contest....the Friday addition is BOOTLEG though...some people have jobs

Scav
07-26-2006, 10:38 AM
also, why don't you give a Derby trail hat away, instead of what you are proposing?

Buffymommy
07-26-2006, 10:41 AM
also, why don't you give a Derby trail hat away, instead of what you are proposing?

That is a good idea! Although, my hubby would just steal that one too. :)

It is a possibility Kev. I don't have a DT hat yet.

whorstman
07-26-2006, 11:17 AM
ASS WHOOPIN TIME! Count the pimp in! Sounds like fun Kev. I can actually participate in a contest w/o the added work. :cool:

GPK
07-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Finally, a real contest....the Friday addition is BOOTLEG though...some people have jobs

OK....DUMBA$$ ME DIDN'T THINK OF GIVING AWAY A DT HAT, SO THAT SHALL BE THE PRIZE.

Scavs....other than work, you have no life. I am sure you have more than a few minutes on Thurdsday evenings when you can handicap a few races and make a selection.

Scav
07-26-2006, 09:48 PM
OK....DUMBA$$ ME DIDN'T THINK OF GIVING AWAY A DT HAT, SO THAT SHALL BE THE PRIZE.

Scavs....other than work, you have no life. I am sure you have more than a few minutes on Thurdsday evenings when you can handicap a few races and make a selection.

IT would be a FORCED selection thus not a true test of my handicapping ability....My life is ridiculous right now, you get to sit in a bed and get head every night (Ateam, coming for you with my HOT rhymes)

GPK
07-26-2006, 09:57 PM
IT would be a FORCED selection thus not a true test of my handicapping ability....My life is ridiculous right now, you get to sit in a bed and get head every night (Ateam, coming for you with my HOT rhymes)

well....lifes a b*tch for some of us...LOL.

get on IM