PDA

View Full Version : Schilling pitches in Oakland

Gander
07-25-2006, 06:32 PM
For all you geniuses who declared this man all done, well hes going for win #13 tonight. Looks like you were wrong, so very wrong.

Should be a great game.

oracle80
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
For all you geniuses who declared this man all done, well hes going for win #13 tonight. Looks like you were wrong, so very wrong.

Should be a great game.

Yeah that velocity has only fallen 6-8 mph, and his era has ballooned, yep same old Schilling, lol.
His run support has been among the highest and at times THE highest in the major leagues. He deserves to be lucky after all these years as a warrior, but hes not the same old Schilling, hes very hittable.

oracle80
07-25-2006, 07:10 PM
I say he gets blasted tonight, for real.

Gander
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Mike, his ERA is 3.50, not all that bad considering the league he pitches in and the number of innings they use him. Sure he isnt unhittable but who is but a few pitchers.

Dont be so fooled into ERA's as a barometer for great pitching. Hes had like 3 very bad starts this year that really hurt his ERA. Most of his games have been very good.

I'd take him on my team any day. Wins are all that matters.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-25-2006, 10:49 PM

He has given up a run on 3 hits(through 4 innings.)Seems to have the A's under his contro,but he starts to throw some hangers in the 5th,and is(as Oracle said)very hittable.Game gets very close(6-5 RSOX,)but the Rsox weather the storm(DelCarmen has quite a curveball,)and break it open(an understatement.)

GPK
07-26-2006, 12:51 AM

"Schilling (13-3) pitched six strong innings to win his third straight start and beat the A's for the second time in 11 days. He allowed four runs and six hits, struck out three and walked one while throwing 105 pitches."

"Schilling is 8-1 over last 14 starts"

:D :D

GPK
07-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah that velocity has only fallen 6-8 mph, and his era has ballooned, yep same old Schilling, lol.
His run support has been among the highest and at times THE highest in the major leagues. He deserves to be lucky after all these years as a warrior, but hes not the same old Schilling, hes very hittable.

Mike...his career ERA from 1988-2006 is 3.41. Not real sure how you consider that ballooning....

oracle80
07-26-2006, 06:05 AM
6 hits 4 earned runs, not very impressive but had the run support. A wins a win I guess, but hes sure been blessed this year with big runs behind him.