PDA

View Full Version : S2S - Dolphins @ Bears....what are we betting?

Scav
07-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Guess who got tickets for this game and is sitting near where the Dolphins come on the field, THEY ARE GOING TO FEEL SCAV's PAIN on November 5th, what are we laying on this game. NO POINTS< NOTHING. Bears will be undefeated going into the game, getting ready for the first undefeated season since the 72 Dolphins(?).....BOOM SHAKA LAKKA

JJP
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Too bad the Bears couldn't play them in December, when you know it will be cold and teams coming from the warm climates really feel it. I can still picture Vick freezing his a$$ off last year. First week of November could be cold, or it could even be 60 degrees. I've got mixed feelings on this game; I'm a Bears fan but have a future wager on Miami OVER 9 1/2 wins.

While the Bears should win the division, I'm not as optimistic as you are. Remember all the optimism in 2002 coming off a 13-3 season in 2001? They went from a last place schedule to a first place schedule; injuries that they missed in 2001 were rampant in 2002. Interesting in that the other 3 NFC North teams all have new coaches. I predict one of those three will be much better than anticipated. Not sure who, however. I'd be inclined to guess Detroit.

SentToStud
07-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Guess who got tickets for this game and is sitting near where the Dolphins come on the field, THEY ARE GOING TO FEEL SCAV's PAIN on November 5th, what are we laying on this game. NO POINTS< NOTHING. Bears will be undefeated going into the game, getting ready for the first undefeated season since the 72 Dolphins(?).....BOOM SHAKA LAKKA

Well, you know the line on this RIGHT NOW has to be Chicago -2.

But I'm a sport and will bet even.

Let's say loser covers a box or table for 4 at Gulfstream whenever you get on down here.

If I lose you can trade in your prize for all you can spend in 10 minutes at the local shoe show.

Scav
07-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I was at that Vick game, it was awesome. Mora was spitting ice cubes(was his saliva) at the ref...

They should sweep the division this year, Packers are horrible, Vikings are horrible, Detroit is the question mark...Their out of division schedule is rough but they are catching New England in a down period(I think/hope) and Jets are brutal. Giants will be a great game because their defense is improved.

All I ask is that Grossman gets a full year to play. he has a CANNON for an arm and gets rid of the ball quicker then most NFL QB's.....This is his first time since Florida that he hasn't had to learn a new offense so hopefully that will help also.....My prediction for the Bears this year: They will be the last undefeated team to lose a game, and will go 13-3, get beat in the NFC Championship game by a 72 yard FG

SentToStud
07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I was at that Vick game, it was awesome. Mora was spitting ice cubes(was his saliva) at the ref...

They should sweep the division this year, Packers are horrible, Vikings are horrible, Detroit is the question mark...Their out of division schedule is rough but they are catching New England in a down period(I think/hope) and Jets are brutal. Giants will be a great game because their defense is improved.

All I ask is that Grossman gets a full year to play. he has a CANNON for an arm and gets rid of the ball quicker then most NFL QB's.....This is his first time since Florida that he hasn't had to learn a new offense so hopefully that will help also.....My prediction for the Bears this year: They will be the last undefeated team to lose a game, and will go 13-3, get beat in the NFC Championship game by a 72 yard FG

look, you're making excuses already. heck, i'll be taking the points when the play GB in week 1. No way they belong -3 there.

Scav
07-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Well, you know the line on this RIGHT NOW has to be Chicago -2.

But I'm a sport and will bet even.

Let's say loser covers a box or table for 4 at Gulfstream whenever you get on down here.

If I lose you can trade in your prize for all you can spend in 10 minutes at the local shoe show.

Do they have boxes down there now? I thought they only have seats?

Loser has to buy 4 seats for the three days that we are down there...Again, Kev wins on my side of it because he will probably be with me(GPK already as a dinner coming, and now he is getting box seats...NO RISK with this guy)

Deal?

Scav
07-24-2006, 12:49 PM
look, you're making excuses already. heck, i'll be taking the points when the play GB in week 1. No way they belong -3 there.

You think GB should be lower then -3? I think the bears should be favored by 7 or 10 points, they are going to destroy them

dr. fager
07-24-2006, 12:51 PM
You think GB should be lower then -3? I think the bears should be favored by 7 or 10 points, they are going to destroy them

GB's defense will be much improved with the addition of Hawk, Hodge, and Woodson...I see a 0-0 tie for about two days with both their anemic offenses.

SentToStud
07-24-2006, 12:57 PM
Do they have boxes down there now? I thought they only have seats?

Loser has to buy 4 seats for the three days that we are down there...Again, Kev wins on my side of it because he will probably be with me(GPK already as a dinner coming, and now he is getting box seats...NO RISK with this guy)

Deal?

Deal. Box, reserved, c-house, whatever. And yeah, I'd go GB +3. Seen this game a million times. Take 'em.

Scav
07-24-2006, 01:08 PM
Deal. Box, reserved, c-house, whatever. And yeah, I'd go GB +3. Seen this game a million times. Take 'em.

1st beer at Gulfstream on this...I will take the Bears -3

SentToStud
07-24-2006, 01:18 PM
1st beer at Gulfstream on this...I will take the Bears -3

Deal on that too.

whorstman
07-24-2006, 02:21 PM
8-8 probably wins that division. Buy or sell sexy Rexy as the QB? Um, not sold on that at all. Mediocore WRs and a decent running game. Jones is the only fantasy offensive player, D will be tough. They could go 9-7 and win the division by 2 games. Lions 2nd @ 7-9, vikes and pack tie @ 6-10 or 5-11.

SentToStud
07-24-2006, 02:27 PM
8-8 probably wins that division. Buy or sell sexy Rexy as the QB? Um, not sold on that at all. Mediocore WRs and a decent running game. Jones is the only fantasy offensive player, D will be tough. They could go 9-7 and win the division by 2 games. Lions 2nd @ 7-9, vikes and pack tie @ 6-10 or 5-11.

Selling Rex.

Lions? The Lions are NEVER improved.

2 Dollar Bill
07-24-2006, 04:42 PM
da' fins vs da' bears ?
(flips a coin )
.................... a tie !

The Raider Nation is ALIVE & WELL !!!!

whorstman
07-24-2006, 05:17 PM
da' fins vs da' bears ?
(flips a coin )
.................... a tie !

The Raider Nation is ALIVE & WELL !!!!

The Raider nation huh. I have been asking some of the fans and can't get an answer. Are you guys pinning your hopes on Aaron Brooks this year?

2 Dollar Bill
07-25-2006, 09:49 AM
The Raider nation huh. I have been asking some of the fans and can't get an answer. Are you guys pinning your hopes on Aaron Brooks this year?
I know ONE thing... Brooks can throw a long ball....and # 18 & # 84 can run good clean patterns... If Jordan can run the rock like last year, who knowes. The Big Question is the Defense.. but a good draft and a Hard hitting first round pick (who WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE RAIDERS !! ) Im sure
coach Shell will help with the O.Line... Of course they play in a good division with Old time rivals.... But Let me ask one ?... Are the Bengals going to turn there uniforms to black & white vertical stripes ?

whorstman
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I know ONE thing... Brooks can throw a long ball....and # 18 & # 84 can run good clean patterns... If Jordan can run the rock like last year, who knowes. The Big Question is the Defense.. but a good draft and a Hard hitting first round pick (who WANTS TO PLAY FOR THE RAIDERS !! ) Im sure
coach Shell will help with the O.Line... Of course they play in a good division with Old time rivals.... But Let me ask one ?... Are the Bengals going to turn there uniforms to black & white vertical stripes ?

That could be very possible. I'm glad they are taking some of the troubled bad boy image away from my Cowboys(Who will be in the Superbowl :cool: ). Silver and Black offense should be solid if the Wrs stay healthy, Jordan is a quality RB. If O-line improves they will be ok. I think D will cost them most of thier games. I'm affraid when they fall behind, that long ball that Brooks can throw will be going to the wrong team.

2 Dollar Bill
07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
my Cowboys(Who will be in the Superbowl :cool: ).
Which part of the stands will they be sitting in ? Opppsss I forgot they got T.O..... Going 16-0 toooooo ?

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:20 PM
SO PUMPED...

Bruce, lets talk about the Bears shutting out the Dolphins

So far we are

1) Bears vs Dolphins - 4 seats for three day at Gulfstream (FOY weekend I am hoping)

2) Bears vs Packers +3 - First beer at Gulfstream

3) Bears shutting out the Dolphins, or holding to less then 7 points even????

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Bruce has been replying to this thread for an hour now...he must be cooking something up

SentToStud
08-04-2006, 12:37 PM
SO PUMPED...

Bruce, lets talk about the Bears shutting out the Dolphins

So far we are

1) Bears vs Dolphins - 4 seats for three day at Gulfstream (FOY weekend I am hoping)

2) Bears vs Packers +3 - First beer at Gulfstream

3) Bears shutting out the Dolphins, or holding to less then 7 points even????

1). Check
2). Check
3). I'll give you 10-1 if you want to bet the Bears shut out Miami. I'll give you 7-1 on the Bears holding Miami to less than 7 points.

How about:
1. Going into the Chi-Miami game, total rushing yards? You take Thomas Jones, I'll take Ronnie Brown. Loser buys breakfast.
2. Game time temp? You make the line.
3. Will you give me 6-1 that Grossman does not start?
4. I'll bet the freakin coin toss, if you want.

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Alright, I'll take 10 beers to 1 beer that they shut them out, I will also take 7 beers to 1 beer that they hold them to less then or EQUAL to 7 points

1) I'll take Ced Benson to have more rushing yards then Ronnie Brown for breakfast
2) The average high for November 5th is 54 degrees, I will take the OVER(http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weather/tenday/60605?eventid=185540&epc=bi&from=/outlook/events/sports/result?from=sportsopt1&query=SPORTS_TEAM_SCHEDULE&team=biaz
3) I'll take 6 beers to 1 beer that Grossman DOES start the Miami game
4) I got head, even money

GPK
08-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Alright, I'll take 10 beers to 1 beer that they shut them out, I will also take 7 beers to 1 beer that they hold them to less then or EQUAL to 7 points

1) I'll take Ced Benson to have more rushing yards then Ronnie Brown for breakfast
2) The average high for November 5th is 54 degrees, I will take the OVER(http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/weather/tenday/60605?eventid=185540&epc=bi&from=/outlook/events/sports/result?from=sportsopt1&query=SPORTS_TEAM_SCHEDULE&team=biaz

You two betting on breakfast....thats ALOT OF D*MN FOOD between you two.

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:46 PM
This is all in good fun

ish, again you are getting the benefit here because you are going also (FOY weekend, plan on it, you don't have ish to do and a free plane ticket)

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Matter of fact, I plan on calling their group sales department regarding this...

You know if I plan it,they will come

Hooves, Bigsmc, S2S, Byk will be down there, Buffy, Scav, GPK, Randall, whoever else wants to go....just a big ass party with Bruce buying beer all day when the Bears shut out the Dolphins and Ced goes for 230 yards

GPK
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Matter of fact, I plan on calling their group sales department regarding this...

You know if I plan it,they will come

Hooves, Bigsmc, S2S, Byk will be down there, Buffy, Scav, GPK, Randall, whoever else wants to go....just a big ass party with Bruce buying beer all day when the Bears shut out the Dolphins and Ced goes for 230 yards

why don't we just make it Tampa Bay instead of Gulf....nobody likes Gulfstream any more....

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:52 PM
why don't we just make it Tampa Bay instead of Gulf....nobody likes Gulfstream any more....

i am going to Gulfstream, I want to see the new track....they will take care of us...My dad has been to Tampa and while we all love it very dearly, Hawthorne might be better put together, I hear..

You can bet Tampa at Gulfstream, it will be like you are Tampa in a nicer track, same weather, we could also drive to Tampa also, if needed

SentToStud
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM

1. Who the F is Ced Benson? No matter, you can have him.
2. I got under 54 deg gametime. 54=push
4. ok, i'll take odd.
3. You got to GIVE 6-1 if you take Grossman starting. I will take take 6-1 that he does not start. Do I look stupid?

GPK
08-04-2006, 12:54 PM
i am going to Gulfstream, I want to see the new track....they will take care of us...My dad has been to Tampa and while we all love it very dearly, Hawthorne might be better put together, I hear..

You can bet Tampa at Gulfstream, it will be like you are Tampa in a nicer track, same weather, we could also drive to Tampa also, if needed

Ok...I'm down. Long as I can bet Tampa, I'm fine.

"The field IS NOW......entering the starting gate." Man I miss that guy.

SentToStud
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM

We go to Tampa for the Monday card. Get a return ticket for Mon night from Tampa!

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Cedric Benson, #1 pick from last year

I'll give you 6 beers to 1 beer that Grossman starts....

Just looked at the Hampton Inn across the street from Gulfstream, they want $730 for three nights, March 8th through the 11th

Scav
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
We go to Tampa for the Monday card. Get a return ticket for Mon night from Tampa!

OH MAN, that is a serious thought right there, how far Bruce?

SentToStud
08-04-2006, 12:59 PM

No way 7-1 for 7 pts or less. I wil l give you 10-1 on the shutout. That is fair.

SentToStud
08-04-2006, 01:02 PM
OH MAN, that is a serious thought right there, how far Bruce?

275 miles. 3 hours.

GPK
08-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Cedric Benson, #1 pick from last year

I'll give you 6 beers to 1 beer that Grossman starts....

Just looked at the Hampton Inn across the street from Gulfstream, they want $730 for three nights, March 8th through the 11th

$730 for 3 nights???? Your ass better check the Red Roof Inn....all I need is a place to shower and lay my head at night.

Scav
08-04-2006, 01:05 PM
$730 for 3 nights???? Your ass better check the Red Roof Inn....all I need is a place to shower and lay my head at night.

This hotel is literally right across the street from Gulfstream....If you stay from it, you have to pay for cabs and even rent a car...

I stayed at the Bonaventure Resort in Weston and it was awesome, but need to rent a car, which I guess wouldn't be such a bad idea...Florida likes drunk drivers though

Scav
08-04-2006, 01:07 PM
Going their in March is the problem, if we were to go in February, non Super Bowl weekend (it is in Miami this year, I plan on being their WITH THE BEARS)....it is somewhat affordable

SentToStud
08-04-2006, 01:27 PM
This hotel is literally right across the street from Gulfstream....If you stay from it, you have to pay for cabs and even rent a car...

I stayed at the Bonaventure Resort in Weston and it was awesome, but need to rent a car, which I guess wouldn't be such a bad idea...Florida likes drunk drivers though

Don't worry about a car. We have cars.

Don't think about room rates that high. There's TONS of motels. Some close to GP, some close to the Dog Track, some close to Pompano Park, some close to the Jai Alai.

It could go ...

Fly in Fri AM
Fri GP
Fri Night. We bunk with Bubba at my house.
Sat GP
Sat night. We get rooms
Sun GP
Sun pm ... drive to Tampa.
Sun 10:00 pm. We hit the last race Super at Derby Lane
Mon Tampa.
Mon pm. Fights home.

something like that.

Scav
08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Don't know if i can handle Pompano, I have never been to a harness track....I have been to Kenosha for the dogs, that is COMEDY

GPK
08-04-2006, 01:48 PM

and I can certianly drive....It only takes me one time to learn my lesson. Speaking of which....hard to believe that this coming SUnday will be the 1 year anniversarry of my wreck....wow.

GPK
08-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Don't worry about a car. We have cars.

Don't think about room rates that high. There's TONS of motels. Some close to GP, some close to the Dog Track, some close to Pompano Park, some close to the Jai Alai.

It could go ...

Fly in Fri AM
Fri GP
Fri Night. We bunk with Bubba at my house.
Sat GP
Sat night. We get rooms
Sun GP
Sun pm ... drive to Tampa.
Sun 10:00 pm. We hit the last race Super at Derby Lane
Mon Tampa.
Mon pm. Fights home.

something like that.

I am incredibly down with something along those lines.

Scav
08-04-2006, 02:05 PM
Your going to be on vacation, we are getting hammered

SentToStud
08-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Fish just signed Dan (Big Daddy) Wilkinson. The splat you will hear on Nov 5 will be the sound of Grossman getting pancaked by the Daddy. Hmmmm ..... pancackes..... Scav will be buying pancakes.