PDA

View Full Version : Western Revenge Belmont 1st

2MinsToPost
06-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Isn't this one of LR's? I did not pick up a form, just scanned the entries and remembered the name.

Cajungator26
06-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Isn't this one of LR's? I did not pick up a form, just scanned the entries and remembered the name.

I recognized the name too...

AZ Azalea Stables LLC is his owner.

Exceller
06-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I recognized the name too...

AZ Azalea Stables LLC is his owner.

He is a partner in that LLC.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 10:24 AM
He is a partner in that LLC.
He IS that LLC. Sells a few small pieces to friends, but he wons teh huge majority of them. Also races some on his own and has some in 50/50 partnership with Bruce Lunsford, First Samurai being one of those.

Hes running Cajun, Bond's dropdown is the horse to beat in there.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 10:26 AM
He IS that LLC. Sells a few small pieces to friends, but he wons teh huge majority of them. Also races some on his own and has some in 50/50 partnership with Bruce Lunsford, First Samurai being one of those.

Hes running Cajun, Bond's dropdown is the horse to beat in there.

YES! Just got the scratches and Bonds horse is a late scratch. Should be favored now!

Exceller
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
YES! Just got the scratches and Bonds horse is a late scratch. Should be favored now!

Jerkens horse will be the favorite. Clearly the horse to beat.

Cajungator26
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM

That's awesome. I hope he wins it. :cool:

Buffymommy
06-02-2006, 10:44 AM
That's awesome. I hope he wins it. :cool:

I had picked Bonds horse too. Second day in a row my pick for the first race scratches.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't know you could say a horse who has never been on the turf shjuold be the clear favorite. Hes not exactly razor sharp right now.
Currently(with 43 MTP) Jerkens horse, Western Revenge, and Safe Signal are all 3-1 co faves.

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
I don't know you could say a horse who has never been on the turf shjuold be the clear favorite. Hes not exactly razor sharp right now.
Currently(with 43 MTP) Jerkens horse, Western Revenge, and Safe Signal are all 3-1 co faves.
im going with the 9 ...

hoovesupsideyourhead
06-02-2006, 12:10 PM
way to go mike..that was the luckyest mis step in history..glad to see you on the winning end.....go go allmost blew it...

oracle80
06-02-2006, 12:17 PM
way to go mike..that was the luckyest mis step in history..glas to see you on the winning end.....go go allmost blew it...

Hooves,
I get a bigger charge out of managing a winner than anything else. You know the deal on this race, and why I told Carlos to leave that moron on. Thanks.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 12:42 PM

Exceller,
When Lans and I went over the race I told him that Jerkens was a total tossout. You don't take a son of AP Indy who is untried on grass and make his debut on turf in a 35,000 non 2 Life claiming race unless you have completely given up on him. If they had though he had anything left, they woulda tried him a grass allowance race, not a claimer.
I'm shocked that Westren paid what he did, the last ride Gomez gave him was as awful as anything you will ever see. He came by the barn and apologized for the ride the day after the race. had he not done that, he would not have been on the horse today. He really blew it last time.

Exceller
06-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Hooves,
I get a bigger charge out of managing a winner than anything else. You know the deal on this race, and why I told Carlos to leave that moron on. Thanks.

Do you own that horse as part of that LLC? If so, congratulations. I wished I bet turf races because I would have if I knew you owned him. Was $8 (3-1) the favorite? I thought they would bet the AP Indy.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Do you own that horse as part of that LLC? If so, congratulations. I wished I bet turf races because I would have if I knew you owned him. Was $8 (3-1) the favorite? I thought they would bet the AP Indy.
I DO NOT OWN HIM OR ANY PART OF HIM!!
I help Carlos out with placing and managing horses he has for lansdon as well as offering him general advice on spotting other horses he has. Lans was unavailable when they threw up this race as an extra the other day. Carlos asked me what to do and I said I hated running em back on short rest but that the distance was right so I said go ahead an enter the horse and if hes in a good spot run, if not scratch. He was gonna name Kent D on the horse because Gomez ride was so awful and he knew I was real hot over it, but when he said that he had stopped by and apologized the next day, I thought that was classy. I spoke about it here on the board earlier in the week.

Exceller
06-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I DO NOT OWN HIM OR ANY PART OF HIM!!
I help Carlos out with placing and managing horses he has for lansdon as well as offering him general advice on spotting other horses he has. Lans was unavailable when they threw up this race as an extra the other day. Carlos asked me what to do and I said I hated running em back on short rest but that the distance was right so I said go ahead an enter the horse and if hes in a good spot run, if not scratch. He was gonna name Kent D on the horse because Gomez ride was so awful and he knew I was real hot over it, but when he said that he had stopped by and apologized the next day, I thought that was classy. I spoke about it here on the board earlier in the week.

Oh, that still is good for you. Congratulations. Do you help with First Samurai?

Scav
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
You don't typcially see this move out of Martin, it is very Dutrow like......$8 was a steal....

oracle80
06-02-2006, 12:59 PM
You don't typcially see this move out of Martin, it is very Dutrow like......$8 was a steal....
Dutrow like? Well yeah it was, but whose move do you think it was? And who do I pattern everything after?

Cajungator26
06-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Dutrow like? Well yeah it was, but whose move do you think it was? And who do I pattern everything after?

Hmmm... a "Z" is coming to mind here. ;)

oracle80
06-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Oh, that still is good for you. Congratulations. Do you help with First Samurai?

Had nothing to do with him whatsoever. Zip, Zilch, Nada. All I did was root for him every time he ran and posed in a winners circle photo.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Hmmm... a "Z" is coming to mind here. ;)
LOL Cajun. I can plot with the best of em.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Now hes had three races in a very short time span. He will get a month off and we will look for a claiming race someplace out of town. 35,000 is the bottom in NY and they dont write conditioned non 3L races here. NON2l at 35 is much easier than open 35 so makes no sense to run him in Ny at open 35. Monmouth(Meadowlands is where they are having their turf races) or Delaware has great purses and we can maybe find a non3 life conditioned claimer or run for open 25 or 17,500. Gotta run them where they can win, not where you want them to win.

PSH
06-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Oracle

Congrats on the 1st at Belmont...
Nothing truer has been said, run them where they can win.... That is what it is all about. Luckily, many owners and trainers don't abide by that simple rule.

Anything else you have opinion on at the Big Sandy today...

PSH

Exceller
Now hes had three races in a very short time span. He will get a month off and we will look for a claiming race someplace out of town. 35,000 is the bottom in NY and they dont write conditioned non 3L races here. NON2l at 35 is much easier than open 35 so makes no sense to run him in Ny at open 35. Monmouth(Meadowlands is where they are having their turf races) or Delaware has great purses and we can maybe find a non3 life conditioned claimer or run for open 25 or 17,500. Gotta run them where they can win, not where you want them to win.

What cut of the purse do you get or do you get a flat consulting fee? WP charges $1500 (only $150 for 10%) a quarter but it is a management fee.

Gauchos0522
Would love to see him run at Delaware as I live about 20 mins from there. The turf purses there are generous as you said since they put the slots in.

oracle80
06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
What cut of the purse do you get or do you get a flat consulting fee? WP charges $1500 (only $150 for 10%) a quarter but it is a management fee.
Well lets see, when its for your greatest friend, you get to attend lavish functions, attend major races like the Derby in a private suite, go out to countless dinners, get to become a wine connossieur on someone elses sponsorship, etc.
Hes a friend. He also backs me on my pik-6 attempts(which has worked out QUITE WELL). Carlos is a friend as well. hes like the crazy brother I never had. Been friends with Carlos a while, but helping him manage for about a year. He helps me in turn with providing clients for agenting work. Thats this game, everyone helps out those who help them.

Exceller
06-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Well lets see, when its for your greatest friend, you get to attend lavish functions, attend major races like the Derby in a private suite, go out to countless dinners, get to become a wine connossieur on someone elses sponsorship, etc.
Hes a friend. He also backs me on my pik-6 attempts(which has worked out QUITE WELL). Carlos is a friend as well. hes like the crazy brother I never had. Been friends with Carlos a while, but helping him manage for about a year. He helps me in turn with providing clients for agenting work. Thats this game, everyone helps out those who help them.

Thats good. Connections often lead to money. As long as you don't have to be at the barn at 5am, it sounds like a good gig.

stevepopyak
06-02-2006, 03:57 PM
oracle, thanks for the Western Revenge info ... was able to sneak over to the OTB at lunch and nail him across the board, didn't hammer him like i wanted to though, got there too late ... thanks again

oracle80
06-02-2006, 04:01 PM
oracle, thanks for the Western Revenge info ... was able to sneak over to the OTB at lunch and nail him across the board, didn't hammer him like i wanted to though, got there too late ... thanks again

Ah I know, you can never have too much money on a winning horse can you?

stevepopyak
06-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Amen, brother !!!