View Full Version : Preakness

philcski
05-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Anybody going?

-BT-
05-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Anybody going?

like clock work, for the 8th straight year

trying to get apron box like every year, but this year they don't let you bring in the booze.... so, "top of the stretch" seats are also on my radar, b/c the booze comes with ya
anyone have any experience with those tix?
where ya sit'n Phil?

-bt-

philcski
05-08-2008, 09:49 AM
like clock work, for the 8th straight year

trying to get apron box like every year, but this year they don't let you bring in the booze.... so, "top of the stretch" seats are also on my radar, b/c the booze comes with ya
anyone have any experience with those tix?
where ya sit'n Phil?

-bt-

Not sure yet... will be year #12 for me. No booze in the apron box this year?!?!? Where you read that?

I've sat in the "top of the stretch" seats several times, and I'd highly recommend them. Beautiful view of the start, private betting windows, etc. If there's no booze allowed in the apron box i'll probably be getting them this year.

-BT-
05-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Not sure yet... will be year #12 for me. No booze in the apron box this year?!?!? Where you read that?

I've sat in the "top of the stretch" seats several times, and I'd highly recommend them. Beautiful view of the start, private betting windows, etc. If there's no booze allowed in the apron box i'll probably be getting them this year.

http://www.preakness.com/FAQ/

i could be wrong, gonna call pimlico to make sure, but i thought i heard someone saying that they were no longer gonna allow booze in the clubhouse, since CHD and BEL don't allow it

-bt-

philcski
05-08-2008, 10:25 AM
http://www.preakness.com/FAQ/

i could be wrong, gonna call pimlico to make sure, but i thought i heard someone saying that they were no longer gonna allow booze in the clubhouse, since CHD and BEL don't allow it

-bt-

Ah, I think that means you can't bring your own booze into the clubhouse/grandstand (gotta buy theirs), which would be consistent with the rules at Belmont. I could be wrong, though.

ddthetide
05-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Ah, I think that means you can't bring your own booze into the clubhouse/grandstand (gotta buy theirs), which would be consistent with the rules at Belmont. I could be wrong, though.
i pretty sure thats it. i remember seeing that in the news.

-BT-
05-08-2008, 10:53 AM
i pretty sure thats it. i remember seeing that in the news.

which would be different from last year and the years prior, right?
b/c that used to be the ONLY nice thing about going to the Preakness, was that you could bring your own sh!t and not get f'd by the beer man, but i guess thats gonna change starting this year, eh?

-bt-

ddthetide
05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
which would be different from last year and the years prior, right?
b/c that used to be the ONLY nice thing about going to the Preakness, was that you could bring your own sh!t and not get f'd by the beer man, but i guess thats gonna change starting this year, eh?

-bt-
if i remember the article, they TRIED to ban the coolers from the in field too but that didn't fly.

ateamstupid
05-09-2008, 01:44 AM
If I can hitch a ride, I'm going, otherwise I'll be home or at Belmont.

-BT-
05-09-2008, 01:24 PM
if i remember the article, they TRIED to ban the coolers from the in field too but that didn't fly.

just called pimlico and they confirmed no beverages can be brought through the grandstand. They allow you to have food im pretty sure, but no booze or water etc.
Well that really sucks a$$ considering i just bought Apron Box tickets from this dude and now i gotta figure out how to smuggle in the goods again, only 2 weeks after my harry houdini impression at churchill downs....... come'n back on short notice.... uhhh ohhhh

-bt-

-BT-
05-15-2008, 08:19 AM
the time is upon us...... headed to b-more early saturday, got seats in APRON BOX G11 if anyones wants to come down and join me for an overpriced BES or some chit chat please feel free

where is everyone else sitting?

-bt-