PDA

View Full Version : SAT 7/22 - Million Preview Day the Focus

Bogey
07-22-2006, 07:34 AM
A 9-2 shot in race 8 cost us the pick 4 at LS Fri night. The PK4 almost paid $300 for a .50 cent play. We're going to miss Lone Star. Well, enough of all that, lets concentrate on what should be a great afternoon of racing. The weather will be around 80 degrees in the Chicagoland area and the turf should be soft to good at best. The account stands at plus 332.

Arlington Park - Race 4 - Arlington Handicap G3

#2 Red Fort (Ire) - Drysdale/Castro - 6yr old Gelding should enjoy the AP lawn. He ran on much firmer turf courses in California. He's made for starts out west and they all produce a BSF of over 100. Super Consistent.

#3 Rush Bay -Last two put him in the mix.
#4 Embossed (Ire) - Should relish the distance.
#5 Artiste Royal (Ire) - Faced top compo in Cali.

The Play - 2 units Tri Key - 2 over 3 4 5 = 12 units

Race 6 Modesty Handicap G3

#7 LOUVE ROYAL (Ire) (BEST BET) - Strong effort when finishing 3rd in the G3 Mint Julep at CD behind the talented My Typhoon, and Rich in Spirit, who won the G3 Locust Grove last weekend at CD. Biacone/Leparoux look for a huge effort and plan to bring her back for the Beverly D. There is two things you can count on, paying taxes and this mare bringing her late kick.

#1 Royal Copenhagen - Cali invader was solid early in the year.
#5 Atlantic Frost - Loves the AP lawn

The Play - 50 units to win on #7

Race 8 - American Derby G2

#3 Can't Beat It - Ranked a bit in the CNL Turf from an outside post. Much better post and a little softer field could make the difference for this Live Oak homebred. (Please note that Steve, JJ, Marcus Hersch DRF are all in agreement that he will run a big one)

#14 Outperformance - Will get his wish with the soft turf course that helped him win the G3 Hill Prince at BEL. The post should not bother him to much because he'll be towards the back of the pack in the early going.

#1 Golden Arrow (Ire) - Weld/Smullen do really well at AP. Group 1 placed in Euro adds the lasix for the first time. Dangerous.

#10 Amigoni (Ire) - Motion ship in. He faced some group company in Europe going shorter. Must prove he can stretchout versus graded company.

The Play - 4 units Exacta Box - 3 with 1 6 8 10 14 = 40 units

Leaves the account at 240 on the good side.

Good Racing Luck

dellinger63
07-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Just read your 8th selections.... Lets get er done!!!!!!!

Miller
07-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Bogey,

Racing Gods seem to be against you as you got a couple of horrendous trips. Too bad you didn't tell people after the fact how those picks could have been bet so your results could possibly have given you a positive return.
Things will change as you probably know better than I. Let's hope it is soon!!!!

Miller

Bogey
07-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Miller, as you know there are a million ways to lose and only one way to win. We'll keep firing bullets and hope for the best.

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Ouch Bogey. Sounds like it was a tough weekend, but the slate is clear for next week with the Schuylerville, Sanford, Jim Dandy, Bing Crosby, Diana, Washington Park, Go for Wand, Amsterdam, and San Clemente being run. Good racing luck!!!

Bogey
07-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Ouch Bogey. Sounds like it was a tough weekend, but the slate is clear for next week with the Schuylerville, Sanford, Jim Dandy, Bing Crosby, Diana, Washington Park, Go for Wand, Amsterdam, and San Clemente being run. Good racing luck!!!

1st Sat, Yeah, I had a case of secondidis over the weekend. Hopefully, I can get it out of my system come Wed. I don't wager to place. I mostly wager to win, DD, PK3, and PK4. You're right, there are some very nice races this week.

Good Racing Luck!!