PDA

View Full Version : headed to vegas for derby. anybody else?

kingsize14u
04-29-2008, 10:05 AM
The wife & I will be heading to Vegas for the derby.
We were wondering if any other DT's are headed that way. Reservations are at the "Orleans" which is supposed to be the place for horse players. Plans are to go to Sam's Town Fri p.m. and attend their handicapping seminar then attend one which is supposed to happen Sat. a.m. at The Orleans. We attended a Derby party 2 yrs. ago at the Aladdin/Planet Hollywood which was great but I don't know if they are hosting this year. I called earlier but they didn't know anything about it. I believe another DT'r, Mr. Clip Clop has found something out about their plans this year.
If you are headed that way please let us know. It would be nice to meet somebody whose handicapping skills have not eroded as mine have since I moved from Maryland some 30+ years ago. Living in West Texas doesn't give me much of a chance to see live racing. I can now venture to New Mexico to the mighty Zia Park to hone my skills but again it is New Mexico racing where my motto is: New Mexico horse racing: "where today's also rans are tomorrow's tamales". It would be a great t shirt, wouldn't it? :D
If you are headed west let us know.

gilbertjump
04-30-2008, 08:58 AM
I am headed out there tommorrow. Gonna stay and play at the Las Vegas Hilton. My handicapping skills are not the best whaty the hell 20 horse field ? Maybe we can hook up for a beer.

...Gilbert