PDA

View Full Version : any college footbal fans?

ddthetide
07-21-2006, 10:52 AM
and whats your favorite team?

if you've not guessed, i'm an Alabama fan
ROLL TIDE!!

GPK
07-21-2006, 11:11 AM
and whats your favorite team?

if you've not guessed, i'm an Alabama fan
ROLL TIDE!!

Go Heels!!!!...of course that is alot more fun to say during basketball season.

I used to caddy for a girl that played golf at Bama

dr. fager
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM

Boy last year I could of swore you were a Va Tech fan....:eek:

Bleed Maize and Blue here...

ddthetide
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Bama golf teams are usually pretty good.

ddthetide
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
i'd like to see Bama and Michigan play a series during the season. the 3 bowl games they've played were GREAT games. battle of the titans.

dr. fager
07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
i'd like to see Bama and Michigan play a series during the season. the 3 bowl games they've played were GREAT games. battle of the titans.

2000 Orange Bowl was a classic, and it was a damn shame either team had to lose, especially that way.

GPK
07-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Boy last year I could of swore you were a Va Tech fan....:eek:

Bleed Maize and Blue here...

I enjoy watching Tech...wasnt a Marcus Vick fan by any means. Before Mike Vick went to to Tech, you would have never knew that anyone who lives in this area went to school there....but since MV...every house, car, etc...has all types of VT bullsh*t everywhere to be seen.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 11:28 AM

GO BIG BLUE! , same here kev, more fun in B-ball. But I'm actually about half curious. I think the Cats will have a moderately competetive team this year. I have only one dying wish, BEAT LOUISVILLE!

BellamyRd.
07-21-2006, 11:30 AM
DD, good to see there are Tide fans in Maryland
I graduated from UA in '97
I want so badly to go down for a game this year
possibly the Iron Bowl
as I'd love to see us kick auburn's ASS all over B/D
Roll Tide!!!

oracle80
07-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Where are all the phony USC fans who were so gung ho on them last year because they looked like such a big cinch? They got schooled. Hope they have been practicing those cheating plays a lot in the offseason that they like to use and brag about, they are gonna need to cheat a lot to do anything this year. Things don't look so rosy in USC land this year and I'm just wondering if folks are gonna be so vocal about them this year!!:) Notre Dame on the other hand had an absolutely sick recruiting class and after Brady Quinn wins the Heisman this year they will have the number one most sought after recruit stepping in in 2007. Already posessing by far the best coach in college football, Charlie Weiss, architect of the Patriots dynasty on offense, Irish eyes are definitely smiling this year and looking forward to the dynasty that is forming.

dr. fager
07-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Better hope he's not as big of flop as his highly recuited brother....:D

I have no problems with ND, but this kids annoucement overshadowed their spring game...not to mention he'll be a 19 year old high school senior next year.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Better hope he's not as big of flop as his highly recuited brother....:D

I have no problems with ND, but this kids annoucement overshadowed their spring game...not to mention he'll be a 19 year old high school senior next year.

OMG, Is he limp wristed in that pic? WOW, sweet chuck!

BellamyRd.
07-21-2006, 12:13 PM
ND is going to be very good
but I wouldn't count out SC
their game together on N25
will be a war! and may decide 1/2 of the BCS title game
if not, it's for the fact both play brutal schedules

Scav
07-21-2006, 12:19 PM
SIU...SIU...SIU....

Top Division 1 AA team every year now, except we haven't figured out how to win in the playoffs...at least a TRUE champion comes out of our division and now STUPID BCS crap...When are they going to realize that they will make more money with a bracket system then this stupid ass bowls

Pointg5
07-21-2006, 12:23 PM
I am a fan of Ohio State losing in College Football, every week I get a favorite new team, whoever they play...

In College Basketball, I am a fan of UK losing, although I like Tubby, it does my heart good to see that once proud team falling into the abyss...

whorstman
07-21-2006, 12:27 PM
I am a fan of Ohio State losing in College Football, every week I get a favorite new team, whoever they play...

In College Basketball, I am a fan of UK losing, although I like Tubby, it does my heart good to see that once proud team falling into the abyss...

Bite your tongue! Falling into the abyss? WOW, well route againt the Cats this year and you will only come out on top maybe 5-6 times out of 30. :cool:

Pointg5
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Bite your tongue! Falling into the abyss? WOW, well route againt the Cats this year and you will only come out on top maybe 5-6 times out of 30. :cool:

They are on the downturn, look for Tennesse and Florida to absolutely dominate the SEC for years to come. I have read several articles where kids just do not want to go there anymore, seems like it's more the assistants than Tubby. I would be really surprised if they make the Tournament this year and this looks like a trend that will continue. I shouldn't say I hate UK, I actually hate UK fans(you probably do not fit into this category), but the kind that call into the pre and post game radio shows, those people are the best, one time this genius called in and said "that if UK would make more 3's than 2's, they would score more points", I almost drove off of the road from that one.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 12:48 PM
They are on the downturn, look for Tennesse and Florida to absolutely dominate the SEC for years to come. I have read several articles where kids just do not want to go there anymore, seems like it's more the assistants than Tubby. I would be really surprised if they make the Tournament this year and this looks like a trend that will continue. I shouldn't say I hate UK, I actually hate UK fans(you probably do not fit into this category), but the kind that call into the pre and post game radio shows, those people are the best, one time this genius called in and said "that if UK would make more 3's than 2's, they would score more points", I almost drove off of the road from that one.

You do make a good point about "some" of the fans. They make me sick. The friggin blue haired gerryatric's that take the best seats and sit on thier hands the whole game make me want to puke. The eastern KY redneck racist fans make me sick as well. There are a lot of fans, and I hate to say I know a few that still hate Tubby as a coach b/c he is black. We have a few good recruits this year and I can tell you it is a lead pipe lock they make the tourney. They will always win 20+ and give a good showing in league play. I also agree with you about Fla. Billy D is a great coach and thier staff is top notch when it comes to recruiting. Tenn. I'm not quite sold on yet. I do like thier coach too. He has a lot of fire and seems like a good one. They are definately up and commin, but not sure about dominating. I'm looking forward to redemption next season. I really hated the feeling last year knowing we had no answer for Fla. and I had them picked to win it all on my bracket(one of em anyway). They were a dynomite team last year. Billy D is in Pitino zone now(Imean when he was at UK) He can't keep anybody from NBA. He'll be lucky to get 2 years out of those guys.

BellamyRd.
07-21-2006, 12:57 PM
leave it to Kentucky folk
to turn a good ol' football thread
into a basketball one, lol
was thinking how will UofL pay Bobby P
all that $ (10 years 25 mill)
when they have to pay Rick to coach hoops
and why didn't I get into football coaching
I mean, getting played all that $
for making up plays
we all did it on on the palm of our hands in the frontyard
it's not rocket science
and you can't name me one rocket scientist
who makes $2.5 million a year

BellamyRd.
07-21-2006, 01:15 PM
here's an article I wrote for a UA web-site on the upcoming season:

July is upon us, which means the annual foray in college football predictions...Ed, can I get a timpani?
My choice for #1 this year is....(background music starts up Johnny Denver) "Country roads, take me home, To the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain momma, Take me home, country roads."
The NCAA has allowed a for each university to play a twelfth game this season and opposed to the traditional 11 game schedule. This doesn't bode well for conferences such as the SEC, ACC, and the Big 12, which in addition to having to win all 12 contests must also prevail in a conference championship game. So...you take a league like the Big East, which still is designated as a BCS conference by the NCAA after the losses of Va. Tech, Miami, and Boston College in recent years, it's not hard to imagine a talented team such as West Virginia running the table and playing in the big game, which is no longer dubbed the Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, or Orange Bowl, but the National Championship Game, as one extra BCS game has been added. Only problem I see for the Mountaineers is a mid-season trip to Derby City, the 'Ville. And you could make an excellent case for Louisville if the were to beat WV for going undefeated, because basically they play the same schedule, albeit an early season visit from Cane U.
The SEC is just too plain tough. I see Florida, LSU and ah-hem, the auburn tigers, being about as equally talented. LSU and UF play auburn on the road so you could give them the slight edge, but in a rematch I'd sure take UF who will bring a stingy defense to the table during Urban Meyer's second SEC go-round.
I won't say Bama doesn't have a chance. That is something I'd never admit even under Chinese torture. But talent-wise we look average at best on paper. That does not mean I think we can't overachieve. Putting on the Alabama jersey is overachieving, in and of itself, isn't it? The best thing Shula can do is have a winning record, and upset auburn in Tuscaloosa on November 18th. One out of two IS bad, unless, of course, it's the latter of the two. It doesn't look like a big recruiting year in-state, I see one average prospect at Hoover's minor league college football program, they pass on as a high school. So winning the Iron Bowl would not mean much there, but losing it would probably cause more suicides and blood pressure rates to rise than the Great Depression. And we'd have to find an FDR type to work a "New Deal" which is beat auburn consistently, which in turn emasculates their male fans, and keeps the auburn population at a low, which is good not only state-wide, but on a national level as well.
In other conferences, or lack thereof, ND could very well meet WV in the title game. Which, ironically, it was Notre Dame who beat the undefeated Mountaineer team of 1988 to win the national championship. There's not many weak spots on their team, but as usual, they play an unbelievably impossible schedule.
USC will still be tough, they will reload and probably be as good as they have been. I'll take Cal to upset them and win the Pac-10, however, and possibly have a shot at the big prize, with an easier slate of games.
Another team who looks as good as ever is Texas, but without Mr. Young, (who was the best player of last year, and may have had the best single-game performanace ever in the Rose Bowl), I don't think they will win all of their games, but will win the Big 12.
Many people like Ohio State, and they can score at will, but how can you lose all of those outstanding LB's and be better than you were a year ago? You can't. I'll pick an upset in the Big 10 and that is Iowa, who will be excellent with Drew Tate under center.
You know the ACC is a bit down this year, so when a league is down usually the traditional powers take over, in this case FSU & Miami. Well they meet the first game of the year and perhaps again in the ACC title game. But my darkhorse in this one is Clemson and Tommy Bowden who has recruited pretty well lately (recently landing highly touted QB Willy Korn), and this year could be their year to step up and unseat the FL schools.
so top 10...1) WV 2) ND 3) Texas 4) Florida 5) Iowa 6) Cal 7) Clemson 8) USC 9) FSU 10) Alabama
Roll Tide!!!

whorstman
07-21-2006, 01:21 PM
leave it to Kentucky folk
to turn a good ol' football thread
into a basketball one, lol
was thinking how will UofL pay Bobby P
all that $ (10 years 25 mill)
when they have to pay Rick to coach hoops
and why didn't I get into football coaching
I mean, getting played all that $
for making up plays
we all did it on on the palm of our hands in the frontyard
it's not rocket science
and you can't name me one rocket scientist
who makes $2.5 million a year

Got me on that one, but hey, I didn't start it. There has to be some serious shenanagans going on at Card front. NO WAY you can pay 2 coaches all that money. I'm not a hater though.;) Hey! the Cats actually have some halfway decent recruits in football this year. The Ville may be in trouble. BR, have you noticed the shift in the focus on Card fans from basketball to football? Thats all my friends seem to want to talk about. Whata shock it will be when the BIG BLUE invade Papa John's stadium and pull off the upset! There will be a line at the Kennedy bridge a mile long with disgusted Card fans jumping off like lemmings! You heard it here 1st! :cool:

ddthetide
07-21-2006, 04:15 PM
BR, always great to see other Bama fans!

i had hoped to make the hawaii game this year but i didn't get tickets. if my friend in b-ham don't come up with tickets early, i'm not driving down.
i hate to say this but i see Bama 7-4, loses to uf, ut,lsu and (swallowing VERY hard)auburn. the defense is thin and we just don't have enough o-lineman. the top rated freshman are going to have to help out. there are a couple guys on the o-line that just are not Bama lineman. God-bless'm they play their guts out, they are just not full-time players. this should be the last year the sancations hurt.

hate to say but you are WAY off on wvu. OVER-RATED! the big east is so bad they should be kicked out of the bcs. UofL will knock off wvu. all that press will go to wvu heads and they will fall from the top 10 like a rock.

nd is nice but not enough defense AND they have yet to face a GOOD college defense.

somerfrost
07-21-2006, 04:41 PM
We are....Penn State!!!!!!!!
JoPa was considered "washed up" by so many cynical fans until last year...he has some holes to fill but love those young WR's! Penn State is a force once again, discount them at your peril!!! And think, unlike Notre Dame and some other "holier than thou" programs, Joe does it the right way!!!

ninetoone
07-21-2006, 04:43 PM
I agree, Penn State wins it all this year...

BellamyRd.
07-21-2006, 05:11 PM
great early season match-up on S9
Penn St. at Notre Dame

DD~ I'll agree with you w/ Bama
but I'm not conceding anything
and think we can upset 1 or 2 of those teams
but as for WV, they might not be as good as the top tiers
I just think they have the easiest road to go unbeaten

ddthetide
07-21-2006, 08:24 PM
easy somer, Jopa won last year with 4th and 5th year seniors. his best seasons were always with a large group of seniors and great defense. he also doesn't have his right hand man sandusky calling the defense.
Bama-psu was a GREAT 10 year series! i can tell you the Bama fans hated to see that contract end. i was in Lion stadium the night, Bama hb bobby humpheries set the opposing rb rushing record in lion stadium in the rain and mud! about 235 yds., one run for 65 yds and first td of the game.

BR, you are right wvu, can go undefeated with that cupcake schedule they play!

somerfrost
07-22-2006, 10:37 AM
easy somer, Jopa won last year with 4th and 5th year seniors. his best seasons were always with a large group of seniors and great defense. he also doesn't have his right hand man sandusky calling the defense.
Bama-psu was a GREAT 10 year series! i can tell you the Bama fans hated to see that contract end. i was in Lion stadium the night, Bama hb bobby humpheries set the opposing rb rushing record in lion stadium in the rain and mud! about 235 yds., one run for 65 yds and first td of the game.

BR, you are right wvu, can go undefeated with that cupcake schedule they play!

A lot will depend on the play he gets at QB...great WR's and always a good running game. "D" will be fine. Last year, he had an athlete and a leader playing QB, what he needs is a QB playing QB...we will see!

2 Dollar Bill
07-22-2006, 12:15 PM
{ drums beating in the background }

Go >>>>>>> NOLES !!!>>>>>>>>>>