PDA

View Full Version : Ministers Bid-Oracle

Pointg5
06-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Any news on when this guy might show up again, looks like he's working up by you:

Horse name Minister's Bid
Notes
Activity type Workout
Activity date 06-01-2006
Track Saratoga
Surface Dirt training
Distance 5 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 1:00.35
Track condition Fast

oracle80
06-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Any news on when this guy might show up again, looks like he's working up by you:

Horse name Minister's Bid
Notes
Activity type Workout
Activity date 06-01-2006
Track Saratoga
Surface Dirt training
Distance 5 Furlongs
Workout type Breezing
Workout time 1:00.35
Track condition Fast

Is this Ward's horse? I had no idea he had a string up here as well.

Pointg5
06-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Yeah, it's one of Ward's. Broke his Maiden in a race at Keeneland and the horse he beat came back in a MSW and won on the Thursday before the Derby at CD...

Unbridled
06-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Minister's Bid was very impressive in his debut at Keeneland. Made up 7 lengths on the turn against the bias and won easily by 8 or 9 lengths going 6.5F. Ward has a string up there due to the purse structure being so strong with the addition of slots (not sure when thats happening).

Exceller
06-02-2006, 08:41 AM
John Ward will be keeping horses in NY now for good. Ministers Bid is said to be targeting the Travers.

Pointg5
06-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the info., Travers seems a little ambitious, for a horse that has had 1 start in almost 2 months, must not be very sound. I really like the horse and believe he will be a graded stakes winner, posted about him on the ESPN board after watching that race at Keeneland.

Exceller
06-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the info., Travers seems a little ambitious, for a horse that has had 1 start in almost 2 months, must not be very sound. I really like the horse and believe he will be a graded stakes winner, posted about him on the ESPN board after watching that race at Keeneland.

He is very sound. They thought they brought Strong Contender along a little faster than they thought they should have and are being cautious with this one. He will have two more races in him before the Travers. Obviously they would have to go well. The 8.5 F Dwyer is a possiblility for his next start.

Pointg5
06-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Got another notification of a work, looks like he's up to about a work every two weeks, probably won't see him anytime soon.

Exceller
06-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Got another notification of a work, looks like he's up to about a work every two weeks, probably won't see him anytime soon.

I think the Jim Dandy is a real possibility.