PDA

View Full Version : Tigah, Tigah Woods Ya'll

whorstman
07-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh, It's On Baby, Eagle On 18..... -5 Round 1........ Fahgetaboutit!!!!
I Slept On Him Too, But I'm Back On The Band Wagon Baby!!!!!!!!!

GPK
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Oh, It's On Baby, Eagle On 18..... -5 Round 1........ Fahgetaboutit!!!!
I Slept On Him Too, But I'm Back On The Band Wagon Baby!!!!!!!!!

Have never slept on him, never will sleep on him. Been a huge fan for a long time. Hell, he made me a butt load of cash in the late 90's with all types of new players taking lessons.

They only time I will ever give up on El Tigre' is when he calls it quits. He is the true definition of a competitor.

whorstman
07-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Have never slept on him, never will sleep on him. Been a huge fan for a long time. Hell, he made me a butt load of cash in the late 90's with all types of new players taking lessons.

They only time I will ever give up on El Tigre' is when he calls it quits. He is the true definition of a competitor.

Forgive me Kev, I will NEVER sleep on him as a competitor, but I wasn't sure about this one. If he can shoot -5 day 1 here, considering that this place hasn't been played in a while. This tourney is done! Over! This will be one of his leave the field in a pool of thier own WTF vomit behind by 8 strokes on Sunday tourneys.

GPK
07-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Forgive me Kev, I will NEVER sleep on him as a competitor, but I wasn't sure about this one. If he can shoot -5 day 1 here, considering that this place hasn't been played in a while. This tourney is done! Over! This will be one of his leave the field in a pool of thier own WTF vomit behind by 8 strokes on Sunday tourneys.

all is forgiven my son...LOL:D

Gander
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I hope your prediction (and mine from the other day) pans out. Tiger is the only reason I even tune into PGA golf anymore. That and if I ever need to fall asleep on a Sunday afternoon. Go Tiger!

GPK
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I hope your prediction (and mine from the other day) pans out. Tiger is the only reason I even tune into PGA golf anymore. That and if I ever need to fall asleep on a Sunday afternoon. Go Tiger!

Tim...man bro...was just looking at flights to Albany for next weekend....Thursday to Sunday....flight is already paid for....gambling $$$ would be the prob...I dont want to show up with just a couple hundred dollars for the whole weekend.

Gander
07-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Call me if you can, right now.

2MinsToPost
07-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Kevin go man. Life is short. Enjoy the weekend. Enjoy the company of friends, Horse Racing, good food and company. It's a direct order, go. Don't let your bankroll affect your decision. Go.

2MinsToPost
07-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Kevin, go for me since I can't and looked forward to it for months. Go.

GPK
07-20-2006, 07:48 PM
nah....I think I am gonna go to Belmont this fall instead....

Bold Brooklynite
07-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Tiger very rarely loses a major when he's up with the pace ...

... and usually doesn't win when he stalks or closes.

With his opening quarter today in :22 flat ... it looks like the rest of the field has a lot to worry about.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-21-2006, 07:20 AM
He sunk a 200 yard shot today.I don't like to put up a lot to make a lot,but he is still 1to 4 to win it.I think food poisoning etc. would be needed for him to get beat.

GPK
07-21-2006, 08:30 AM
My boy throws a little 65 at them today....:D

No way he wants this year to go by without a major. Scuds...I don't even think food poisining would stop him now...it sure didnt at Arnies tournament a few years ago...

whorstman
07-21-2006, 08:41 AM
My boy throws a little 65 at them today....:D

No way he wants this year to go by without a major. Scuds...I don't even think food poisining would stop him now...it sure didnt at Arnies tournament a few years ago...

You can chop off his Friggin feet and he's not going to lose this. The blood is in the water now, it's going to be a feeding frenzy! He'll be playing Limbo Sunday.... "How low can you go, how low can you go"

Well, what do you guys say? I say could be as high as -18. I think a couple of conservative 70s will be in order. -16 is my number. :cool:

SCUDSBROTHER
07-21-2006, 08:50 AM
COLD WIND n' Rain would stop him for sure,but it is probably not in the picture.When was that? 2002? In the British he turned woman with the cold storm. He and Shigecki M. just about died from the cold that Saturday.

GPK
07-21-2006, 08:53 AM
I know one thing...Im loving seeing Duval playing well again...back to back 70's. I don't care what anyone says...David is good for the game of golf.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
What is Duval gunna do next year? Looses his exemption.Doubt he makes enough to be top 150 on the money list.He can probably use the same thing Omeara used(top 50 on the all time money list.)

GPK
07-21-2006, 09:03 AM
What is Duval gunna do next year? Looses his exemption.Doubt he makes enough to be top 150 on the money list.He can probably use the same thing Omeara used(top 50 on the all time money list.)

He still has some expemptions left out there, like the one you mentioned.

oracle80
07-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Hes playing great but i wouldnt hand it to him yet. Gracia, els, and Goosen are lurking close enough to contend and Phil just started out his round(he will need a big round to get close but seems to play his best golf when teeing off and having to tin cup it, like he really likes to do), one things for sure, this ought to make for a great weekend of golf unless Tiger blows it open tomorrow.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Hes playing great but i wouldnt hand it to him yet. Gracia, els, and Goosen are lurking close enough to contend and Phil just started out his round(he will need a big round to get close but seems to play his best golf when teeing off and having to tin cup it, like he really likes to do), one things for sure, this ought to make for a great weekend of golf unless Tiger blows it open tomorrow.

Phil will be too far back and will press too much. Garcia will fire his usual crap round and will be out of reach. Goosen, Els or DiMarco may make it slightly interesting. The thing is that all Tiger really has to do is fire anything under 70 Saturday and he will be on cruise control. He usually doesn't "back up" to the field. It's not over yet, but really, it is.

Gander
07-21-2006, 10:25 AM
I disagree that this tournament is "over". Check out that leaderboard. Goosen and Els are both within close range of Tiger. The way people are talking, he has a 5 shot lead over his nearest competitor David Duval!

Sure he has to be the strong favorite to win this but this isnt over. Should be a great weekend in sports.

Bold Brooklynite
07-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Tiger opens up a three length lead ... with a half in :43.3 ... and he's going along easily ...

... can he be caught?

Gander
07-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Hes kind of like Unfurl the Flag was when he was good for those 2 races at Hollywood last year.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 11:34 AM
The other horses will be pounding thier whips and Tiger will be hand ridden, no urging. Like I said in my post earlier, Goose, Els and maybe DiMarco make it a little interesting. I would love to see the BIG Easy on Sunday paired w/ Tiger.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-21-2006, 11:36 AM
I disagree that this tournament is "over". Check out that leaderboard. Goosen and Els are both within close range of Tiger. The way people are talking, he has a 5 shot lead over his nearest competitor David Duval!

Sure he has to be the strong favorite to win this but this isnt over. Should be a great weekend in sports.

Well, Els looks pretty good,but he is pretty much Tiger's btch.Tiger beat him in a playoff in Dubai this year.Seems like Tiger just let Els hit it in the water,or choke it some other way.Don't think Tiger had to do anything other than hit a fairway,and a green.If I was gunna pick 2 to try to beat Tiger,it would be Dimarco,and Goosen.I ain't betting against him though.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 12:24 PM
The Big Easy fired a 65 as well, 1 back of the winner.

GPK
07-21-2006, 12:25 PM
wus boy Sergio....WAAAAAAAH....SNIFF SNIFF...

"the course played MUCH harder with the wind this afternoon, unlike when Tiger played this morning"

It's ALWAYS some excuse with this kid....I used to like him, but his constant whining is becoming old..

Gander
07-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Someone needs to slap Sergio. Hes a whining baby and exactly the reason golf has long had a sterotype for being a game for spoiled rotten rich snobs.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Someone needs to slap Sergio. Hes a whining baby and exactly the reason golf has long had a sterotype for being a game for spoiled rotten rich snobs.

W/O a doubt. This little brat crys about everything. How often do you see Tiger play in the mornings? Not too often. This kid is the anti-tiger. Instead of sucking it up and saying he needs to play better, he crys about course conditions and who got to play at what time.

GPK
07-21-2006, 12:43 PM
W/O a doubt. This little brat crys about everything. How often do you see Tiger play in the mornings? Not too often. This kid is the anti-tiger. Instead of sucking it up and saying he needs to play better, he crys about course conditions and who got to play at what time.

they all play once in the morning and once in the afternoon in PGA Tour events on Thursday and Fridays.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 01:25 PM
they all play once in the morning and once in the afternoon in PGA Tour events on Thursday and Fridays.

Oh, so whinny ass had his morning round yesterday then.

GPK
07-21-2006, 01:32 PM

Correct....he just needs to face the fact he is a mental case and he is a below average putter out there...

SCUDSBROTHER
07-21-2006, 01:34 PM

YEP//////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

GPK
07-21-2006, 01:36 PM
YEP//////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

LOL...reminds me of when the US Open was at Bethpage and he had to play in some rain. He commented after that round that if Tiger had been on the golf course that the USGA would have called a rain delay.

SentToStud
07-21-2006, 01:52 PM
LOL...reminds me of when the US Open was at Bethpage and he had to play in some rain. He commented after that round that if Tiger had been on the golf course that the USGA would have called a rain delay.

weather don't mean sh.t to s2s' golf game. Sun, wind, sleet, freezing rain, it don't matter. I'm gonna shoot 92-94. I am gonna swing as hard as I can. I am gonna lose 3-4 balls. I am gonna hit at least one drive 275. I am gonna 3-putt from 8 feet more than once. I am only gonna use 5 clubs; driver, 4-iron, 8-iron, wedge and putter. On any given day, it's 4/5 I'm gonna hit a house.

oracle80
07-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll take Els no doubt over Tiger. Hes flat out played tons better than Tiger has over the first two days. Tigers made a lot of very long putts but I really can't see him continuing to can those long ones like that. Els is only one stroke back and I think its his tournament.

GPK
07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I'll take Els no doubt over Tiger. Hes flat out played tons better than Tiger has over the first two days. Tigers made a lot of very long putts but I really can't see him continuing to can those long ones like that. Els is only one stroke back and I think its his tournament.

care to wager????:D

somerfrost
07-21-2006, 02:34 PM
care to wager????:D

I'll take some of that action also!!!

whorstman
07-21-2006, 02:39 PM

Well GD I want some a that too!!! That's a good point. Technically he has played as good or better, w/ tiger bomb from 200 and a few long putts. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY can close a major like Tiger, if they are close on Sunday and are paired together, how do you think the Big Easy will fair? Not knocking him, b/c I went to PGA 96 practice round and followed Els for a few holes and man I'll tell ya, he has the sweetest swing I've ever witnessed. For a big guy he is so fluid. Nice guy too, was real friendly w/ the fans. Him and Frank Noblo got into a water fight on 18 and it was too funny. Of course it was about 900 degrees that day.

gales0678
07-21-2006, 02:52 PM
again oracle be careful of tiger here - although not a lock , the 4 par 5's give him a big advantage - he eats them up - almost all of his majors are on par 72
courses

look at his record on par 70's in major's - he is 1 for something very big

when he sees those par 5's he feasts and mentally he is able to play better- but when you but him on a tree lined par 70 us open course ala winged foot , congressional , southern hills, and the olympic club - all of a sudden he just doesn't dominate - those courses require much more shaping of the driver over 4 rounds than any british open or master does

oracle80
07-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry but counting on Tiger(or any golfer) to continue to make 30 foot plus putts and hole out from 200 yards is insane. To me hes played miracle golf and Els has struck the ball better and scored only one stroke behind without any miracles. I think a continuation of that play will get him the prize.

GPK
07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm sorry but counting on Tiger(or any golfer) to continue to make 30 foot plus putts and hole out from 200 yards is insane. To me hes played miracle golf and Els has struck the ball better and scored only one stroke behind without any miracles. I think a continuation of that play will get him the prize.

again...care to wager on that?

oracle80
07-21-2006, 04:43 PM
again...care to wager on that?
What are the odds in Vegas Kev?

oracle80
07-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Kev the only odds I have are that Els is +309 to win and Tiger is -140 to win.

GPK
07-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Kev the only odds I have are that Els is +309 to win and Tiger is -140 to win.

thats the same I saw.

oracle80
07-21-2006, 04:54 PM
thats the same I saw.
Thing is I think its unfair to you to lay those odds. Those odds aren't just set after today's round. They also reflect the money already in on Tiger who was favored at the outset. I dunno, you don't really wanna lay -140 vs plus 309 do you? That doesnt seem like a real good deal.

Gander
07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
So basically, Tiger is between 6/5 and 3/2 odds to win? (Sorry I dont do sports betting so I am ignorant to all the lingo).

That seems about right but in my opinion terrible wager either way.

oracle80
07-21-2006, 05:03 PM
So basically, Tiger is between 6/5 and 3/2 odds to win? (Sorry I dont do sports betting so I am ignorant to all the lingo).

That seems about right but in my opinion terrible wager either way.
no Tim, hes more like 3-5. you have to bet 140 bucks to win 100. Els is a tad over 3-1.

GPK
07-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Thing is I think its unfair to you to lay those odds. Those odds aren't just set after today's round. They also reflect the money already in on Tiger who was favored at the outset. I dunno, you don't really wanna lay -140 vs plus 309 do you? That doesnt seem like a real good deal.

Not really....

Gander
07-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Okay, sorry my bad. I didnt notice the minus sign in front of the 140. Thought it was a +. If it was a +140, that would make him between 6/5 and 3/2.

As much as I love Tiger and think he is the golfing god, 3/5 with a 1 shot lead over Ernie Els, with a bunch of big names within striking distance is not good in my opinion. He hasnt been all that dominant this year with very good reason. I like him to win but wouldnt take 3/5.

whorstman
07-21-2006, 06:06 PM
no Tim, hes more like 3-5. you have to bet 140 bucks to win 100. Els is a tad over 3-1.

Well, I'll go straight exacta Tiger /Els, DiMarco. then. 6-0 in majors when having the lead after 36. Thats all day. Ora, you're trying to beat an unbeatable fav. Plenty of par 5s to birdie and hitting 23-28 fairways? If Tiger is on like that, NO CHANCE to beat him. -20 may be his final score. You will see solid play over the weekend. He has only 1 bogey in 2 rounds. You cannot beat him when he's on. Another point, He's hit maybe 1 driver? That's the only thing that gets him in trouble. He hits his fairways and you can pack your bags, piss on the fire and call in the dogs. Oh, and BTW, BIG FAT PHIL IS GARBAGE, anybody remotely comparing him to Tiger are a lost ball in high weeds.

Bold Brooklynite
07-22-2006, 12:38 PM
After a quarter in :22 flat .. and a half in :43.3 ... Tiger's lead narrows to one length ... as he hits the 6f marker in 1:08.2 ... his pace has slowed ... and the field closes in ...

... can he put it back in gear down the stretch ...

... will he draw off and win in hand ... or just hold on under a stiff drive ... or ...

... (gasp!) will he pull a Lost In The Fog ... and crack like a British breakfast egg?

somerfrost
07-22-2006, 03:29 PM
After a quarter in :22 flat .. and a half in :43.3 ... Tiger's lead narrows to one length ... as he hits the 6f marker in 1:08.2 ... his pace has slowed ... and the field closes in ...

... can he put it back in gear down the stretch ...

... will he draw off and win in hand ... or just hold on under a stiff drive ... or ...

... (gasp!) will he pull a Lost In The Fog ... and crack like a British breakfast egg?

Look closely and you'll see the Shoe is in the irons, he's just been saving his mount for the stretch drive, watch the Tiger pull away in deep stretch!

2MinsToPost
07-22-2006, 04:17 PM
I like DiMarco in this spot. Steady.

Bold Brooklynite
07-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Sidebar:

It looks as if Vijay's best days are behind him.

He's had some remarkable years ... and rose to #1 world ranking ... but he doesn't seem to be able to get it together anymore.

Is this the slow twilight of a great career?

oracle80
07-23-2006, 07:07 AM
This is gonna be great!!!!!!! I'm all keyed up (actually when am I not keyed up?) to watch this final round!!! All those players so close together, get tied on.

GPK
07-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Eagle on 5......my man is simply awesome.

GPK
07-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Best thing about the British Open??? None of those stupid drunks yelling and screaming "You Da Man!!!"

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Tiger Woods 1/7 BET

+
Ernie Els 11/2 BET

+
Chris Dimarco 20/1 BET

+
Sergio Garcia 50/1 BET

+
Adam Scott 50/1 BET

+
Andres Romero 100/1 BET

+
Jim Furyk 200/1

GPK
07-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Scuds, I know you apprecaite great atheletes. Do you get a big thrill from watching something like this today, as I do?

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Scuds, I know you apprecaite great atheletes. Do you get a big thrill from watching something like this today, as I do?

No.I am a fan of competition,and he has them pretty much put to sleep.Actually,I saw this show last week.A rich guy didn't like the sloppy job some hitman did.So,he served him a drink.About 2 minutes into sipping the drinks,the rich guy simply walks over,and puts something around the neck of the guy,and kills him(the hitman could not move to fight him.)Where are we at here this morning?

1st_Saturday_in_May
07-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Man, good ole Sergio imploding....again. First time I ever woke up to watch golf by the way - love watching Tiger dominate

ArlJim78
07-23-2006, 10:46 AM
On that last hole Tiger hit a shot and said "Oh Man. No!! No!!"
I thought my god where is it going, only to see the camera showing the ball land near the back of the green.

When you hear me yell "Oh Man. No!! No!!" after hitting a golf shot it means its going in another fairway or in someones backyard!

GPK
07-23-2006, 10:47 AM
No.I am a fan of competition,and he has them pretty much put to sleep.Actually,I saw this show last week.A rich guy didn't like the sloppy job some hitman did.So,he served him a drink.About 2 minutes into sipping the drinks,the rich guy simply walks over,and puts something around the neck of the guy,and kills him(the hitman could not move to fight him.)Where are we at here this morning?

Well....they ain't dead yet, but he has the noosed around their necks and they are losing air quickly.

Be interesting to hear what Sergio has to say after today...."I am Tiger's B*tch...I am a great Saturday major player, but I am clueless on Sundays."

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Well....they ain't dead yet, but he has the noosed around their necks and they are losing air quickly.

Be interesting to hear what Sergio has to say after today...."I am Tiger's B*tch...I am a great Saturday major player, but I am clueless on Sundays."

"It would have been nice if........blah,blah ,blah,blah f'n blah..,but it just didn't happen today.That's the way it goes,but I am happy with the way I played this week though."-Sergio

GPK
07-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Sergio-"The wind blew really hard out there today. Other players didn't have to play in those conditions, like Tiger."

Media- "But Sergio, you were PAIRED with Tiger."

Sergio - "Yeah...can you believe the wind only blew when I was hitting!!"

somerfrost
07-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Sergio-"The wind blew really hard out there today. Other players didn't have to play in those conditions, like Tiger."

Media- "But Sergio, you were PAIRED with Tiger."

Sergio - "Yeah...can you believe the wind only blew when I was hitting!!"

LOL...the hot air only blows when he's talking....+5 last I checked....gag, sputter, gag, rasp, clutch throat and fall over!

GPK
07-23-2006, 11:48 AM
I do hope Sergio took notes on how to play this game.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't usually think about country of origin very much(in Golf or tennis,)but it is amazing how the 2 Americans simply drew off,and left this field.

GPK
07-23-2006, 12:21 PM
WOW...what a great display of emotion. Great to see the human side of Tiger.

GPK
07-23-2006, 12:26 PM
I have been around golf an awfully long time and closer to it that most people are lucky enough to get. I'm telling ya'll.....words don't begin to describe him.

2MinsToPost
07-23-2006, 12:27 PM
quite scary for the other players when Nicklaus says he doesn't think anyone can beat him if he keeps it in the fairway. man, that was as close to perfection on a golf course as most have ever seen. don't think I saw one bad shot all day from him.

2MinsToPost
07-23-2006, 12:28 PM
i was very impressed with DiMarco's play, you Kev?

GPK
07-23-2006, 12:31 PM

Indeed....played alot on emotion.

GPK
07-23-2006, 12:32 PM

Indeed....played alot on emotion of his mothers death.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Detroit up 4-0 on the f'n A'S.Hold on to it today.Yesterday was a mess..................Sorry,to change subject,but the golf is over(unless you consider the BC Open to be golf...it is,but it is TRIPLE A.)

SCUDSBROTHER
07-23-2006, 12:37 PM
6-0...SHOULDN'T That be enough to hold these maggots off?

somerfrost
07-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Back to Tiger for just a second...I guess some negative, attention seeking troll might find fault with this guy but really...what a credit to the game of golf! He finally lets his emotions out on 18 after sinking the final putt, hugging his caddy and then his wife, coach and friends while obviously in tears. But by the time of the presentation (not to mention the interview before), he's regained his composure and takes the time to praise DiMarco's play and to say comforting things to him...a true gentleman and role model. Anyone who doesn't respect this man...both for his ability as well as his character...well, I just don't know! Tiger's got 11 majors, still a ways to go but nobody is more deserving of eclipsing the great Golden Bear than Tiger!

2MinsToPost
07-23-2006, 02:24 PM
well said Somer

Back to Tiger for just a second...I guess some negative, attention seeking troll might find fault with this guy but really...what a credit to the game of golf! He finally lets his emotions out on 18 after sinking the final putt, hugging his caddy and then his wife, coach and friends while obviously in tears. But by the time of the presentation (not to mention the interview before), he's regained his composure and takes the time to praise DiMarco's play and to say comforting things to him...a true gentleman and role model. Anyone who doesn't respect this man...both for his ability as well as his character...well, I just don't know! Tiger's got 11 majors, still a ways to go but nobody is more deserving of eclipsing the great Golden Bear than Tiger!

Bold Brooklynite
07-23-2006, 09:36 PM

... but wait ... Tiger rouses himself and finds another gear ... Sergio does his Lost In The Fog imitation and breaks in pieces like a piņata ... DiMarco gives it his best and hangs in gamely ...

... and as they go under the wire ... it's Tiger ridden out by two ... in 1:34.1 ... not a track raecord ... but more than good enough for another G1 win.

Sergio claims foul ... based on the wind, the sun, the moon ... and the guy with the cell phone ... but the stewards are having high tea ... and pay no attention.

The result is OFFICIAL.

whorstman
07-24-2006, 12:02 PM
It went just about how I figured. The man just doesn't make mistakes when it's on the line. He never flinched the whole time DiMarco was 1 shot back. The back to back birdies on the 2 par 4s put it away. DiMarco was awesome. He will get a major before too long. Tiger really put on a clinique and as I said Sergio would fire a crap round, I thought he was going to cry a few times. You could see the frustration on his face. I remember as a kid it was like playing basketball with my best friend who was about 6 inches taller than me. I just couln't beat him. He did show some moxy by plugging away down the stretch just to finish in the top 5. Anyone find out what the morons threw on the green and what they were protesting?

Gander
07-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Like somebody on ESPN said, Tiger is the best closer in the history of sports. No one has ever been able to close the deal better than him. The only guy I can possibly think of even near him is Roger Federer, and now even he has a rival (Nadal) that will really make him earn this title.

The fact that Tiger can win a major without hitting the driver more than once shows you his overall talent and his great way of thinking.

I find it hilarious that people use to complain when Tiger would waltz into a major and hit driver-wedge and win by 5 or 6 shots. Now people are complaining because he leaves the driver in the bag for 71 holes. Guess you just cant please everybody.

2MinsToPost
07-24-2006, 03:56 PM
yeah the guy on Mike and Mike said that this am, around 6am.

Like somebody on ESPN said, Tiger is the best closer in the history of sports. No one has ever been able to close the deal better than him. The only guy I can possibly think of even near him is Roger Federer, and now even he has a rival (Nadal) that will really make him earn this title.

The fact that Tiger can win a major without hitting the driver more than once shows you his overall talent and his great way of thinking.

I find it hilarious that people use to complain when Tiger would waltz into a major and hit driver-wedge and win by 5 or 6 shots. Now people are complaining because he leaves the driver in the bag for 71 holes. Guess you just cant please everybody.