PDA

View Full Version : Buffy's Braves get help

SCUDSBROTHER
07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
"The acquisition of Bob Wickman gives the Braves the dependable veteran closer they've lacked throughout this season. In 29 appearances for the Indians this year, the 37-year-old right-hander has converted 15 of 18 save opportunities and compiled a 4.18 ERA."

A very nice pick up.He was able to strike out Vladi Guerrero on a very nice pitch yesterday.Pitched great to keep the Halos from rallying in the bottom of the 9th.

Gander
07-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Vlad isnt all that hard to strike out Scuds. The Little Old Lady from Pasadena could strike him out. Now try and strike Pujols or Jeter out. That would be a real accomplishment.

Braves have absolutely no shot!

SCUDSBROTHER
07-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Vlad isnt all that hard to strike out Scuds. The Little Old Lady from Pasadena could strike him out. Now try and strike Pujols or Jeter out. That would be a real accomplishment.

Braves have absolutely no shot!

O.K.,well despite the negative comment,this guy pitched well yesterday,and I am sure he will help the Braves.They have an o.k. shot to get the Wild Card.

Buffymommy
07-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Scuds,

He just can't stand that Buffy's Bold Prediction may come true! :) :)

Smilie for you Gander! :)

DA BRAVES! Here is to Buffy keeping the faith!

dr. fager
07-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Scuds,

He just can't stand that Buffy's Bold Prediction may come true! :) :)

Smilie for you Gander! :)

DA BRAVES! Here is to Buffy keeping the faith!

I hope it does...they're easy money, just bet against them in the playoffs....

Gander
07-21-2006, 09:54 AM
No I dont mind the Braves at all. In fact I like them better than the Mets. Just keeping things real. They would need to keep playing at this pace for 6-7 more weeks to put them in the position to win the wildcard. I just dont see it happening. As far as Vlad goes, I like him too, but hes got a habit of wwinging at some very cooky pitches when he falls behind in the count.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-21-2006, 10:16 AM
No I dont mind the Braves at all. In fact I like them better than the Mets. Just keeping things real. They would need to keep playing at this pace for 6-7 more weeks to put them in the position to win the wildcard. I just dont see it happening. As far as Vlad goes, I like him too, but hes got a habit of wwinging at some very cooky pitches when he falls behind in the count.

I have seen Vladi hit some real crap pitches for doubles and home runs.Guy is odd as it gets.The pitcher in question has a real nice sinker that starts in the strike zone,and doesn't duck to the ground until very late.You'll like him,Buffy.Gander,the Braves are not out of the Wildcard lead by much.My God the Dodgers are 2 games under .500,and only 3 out of the wildcard.

Gander
07-21-2006, 10:21 AM
They still have at least 6-7 teams they must go through to get there and I believe they play the Mets 9 more times. Thats not going to be easy. Not sure what anybody sees in this team besides the Jones boys. Granted the NL is not very good but I give the Astros a huge edge in winning the wildcard, if not their division. In that case I would give the Cards a huge edge in the Wildcard. I would be shocked if both the Cards and Astros arent in the postseason and will wear a Yankee hat if the Braves make the postseason.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-21-2006, 10:32 AM
They still have at least 6-7 teams they must go through to get there and I believe they play the Mets 9 more times. Thats not going to be easy. Not sure what anybody sees in this team besides the Jones boys. Granted the NL is not very good but I give the Astros a huge edge in winning the wildcard, if not their division. In that case I would give the Cards a huge edge in the Wildcard. I would be shocked if both the Cards and Astros arent in the postseason and will wear a Yankee hat if the Braves make the postseason.

What does anybody see in the Braves? It is the fact that nobody else is doing anything(other than St.Louis,San Diego,and the Mets.)

Gander
07-21-2006, 10:51 AM
I am confident the 8 playoff teams will be:
-White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers and A's
-Astros, Cardinals, Padres and Mets

What I am not so confident in is who wins the NL Central between the Cards and Astros.

boldruler
07-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I am confident the 8 playoff teams will be:
-White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers and A's
-Astros, Cardinals, Padres and Mets

What I am not so confident in is who wins the NL Central between the Cards and Astros.

Take out White Sox and put in Twins. The Twins are a threat to win it all. Twins-Mets WS.

Buffymommy
07-24-2006, 09:59 AM
My boys are needing my faith right now. Wickman did OK last night. Got a strike out.

By the way, I have dubbed him my "Ole Big Man". Hee hee. I think he needs to lose a little weight. All I could keep saying last night while he was pitching "Dang he is a big dude". :)