PDA

View Full Version : Somer-Ya got me

Buffymommy
07-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I just signed up for fantasy football. My husband is LOVING me having a baseball team because now we talk about b-ball a lot more. He doesn't have to just listen to my horse stories anymore. :)

Anyways, I figure I will try the football and see how I do. Hey, I can always be the one who comes in last!

P.S. My husband came up with my team name. :o

whorstman
07-20-2006, 12:59 PM
I got in too Buff, why not a 5th league! See if you can guess my name.

Buffymommy
07-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I got in too Buff, why not a 5th league! See if you can guess my name.

Are you in the Whedonverse league?

whorstman
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Are you in the Whedonverse league?

Naw, The ESPN horse board II

Buffymommy
07-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Naw, The ESPN horse board II

I had to go with the Whedonverse league. Being Buffy and all. :) Although my husband came up with my name for my team in the league. Kinda dirty but funny.

I bet Somer makes me change it.

whorstman
07-20-2006, 01:21 PM
I had to go with the Whedonverse league. Being Buffy and all. :) Although my husband came up with my name for my team in the league. Kinda dirty but funny.

Well I wonder who is the Vampire with a soul then, thought that might be you... being Buffy and all... but I guess that would be vampire slayer, huh?

somerfrost
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM

OK, welcome in ESPN II to Saveahorserideacowboy and Willow's Flutes in Whedonverse....the first is the title of a country song, but Flutes....don't know if she played Oz's or not but otherwise, I draw a blank??

somerfrost
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
I'm Vampire With A Soul in II and Wolfram & Hart in Whedonverse.

somerfrost
07-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm Vampire With A Soul in II and Wolfram & Hart in Whedonverse.

And...in League I, I'm Vampire Slayers.

whorstman
07-20-2006, 01:36 PM
OK, welcome in ESPN II to Saveahorserideacowboy and Willow's Flutes in Whedonverse....the first is the title of a country song, but Flutes....don't know if she played Oz's or not but otherwise, I draw a blank??

Saveahorserideacowboy, that would be me. I was looking for a way to put horses and The fact that I'm a Cowboys fan together. :cool:

Buffymommy
07-20-2006, 01:42 PM

And this one time at band camp....

somerfrost
07-20-2006, 02:12 PM
And this one time at band camp....

Your husband is a dirty old man...lol!!! Yes, I remember Aly's character in the movie and her "work" with her flute...not really 100% Whedonesque but I'll let it in! If for no other reason than Willow is such a great character and Aly is perhaps the best actress on TV!

Buffymommy
07-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Your husband is a dirty old man...lol!!! Yes, I remember Aly's character in the movie and her "work" with her flute...not really 100% Whedonesque but I'll let it in! If for no other reason than Willow is such a great character and Aly is perhaps the best actress on TV!

She will always be Willow to me. Willow was probably my fave character until they went to the lesbian route with her. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but I always figured Oz was her true love.

My players will be her flutes for her to play with as she sees fit. :) :)

somerfrost
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
She will always be Willow to me. Willow was probably my fave character until they went to the lesbian route with her. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but I always figured Oz was her true love.

My players will be her flutes for her to play with as she sees fit. :) :)

Yeah, it's hard for me to argue against Buffy since her character WAS the show but Willow just absolutely captivated me! If you use the entire body of work (both Angel and Buffy) then I'd go with Cordy as her evolution was so damn wonderful but on Buffy alone...Willow rules! I see it differently in one respect...I feel the love affair between Willow and Tara was the best done relationship in the history of TV...for two straight women, Aly and Amber sure created great romantic chemistry and Joss and his writers did them to perfection!

Buffymommy
07-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it's hard for me to argue against Buffy since her character WAS the show but Willow just absolutely captivated me! If you use the entire body of work (both Angel and Buffy) then I'd go with Cordy as her evolution was so damn wonderful but on Buffy alone...Willow rules! I see it differently in one respect...I feel the love affair between Willow and Tara was the best done relationship in the history of TV...for two straight women, Aly and Amber sure created great romantic chemistry and Joss and his writers did them to perfection!

Not that I didn't like Tara, but just as I felt Angel was Buffy's true love, Oz was Willows. I loved the witchcraft with her character and Willow coming into her own.

I loved Cordy as well, but like I said Angel and Buffy belonged together. OK, well MAYBE Angel could be with me, but if not me Buffy.

OH I WANT A REUNION MOVIE! These really were awesome shows.

somerfrost
07-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Not that I didn't like Tara, but just as I felt Angel was Buffy's true love, Oz was Willows. I loved the witchcraft with her character and Willow coming into her own.

I loved Cordy as well, but like I said Angel and Buffy belonged together. OK, well MAYBE Angel could be with me, but if not me Buffy.

OH I WANT A REUNION MOVIE! These really were awesome shows.

They were the best ever on TV, miles ahead of anything!! I'll be honest, I liked Cordy and Angel together, Spike and Buffy (although that's so unfair to Dru), Wesley and Fred/Illyria, Willow and Tara, Oz and the Werewolf girl he killed, Xander and Anya, Rupert and Jenny, Robin and Faith...all wonderful couples!