PDA

View Full Version : Monroe drops bomb, Tigers get it done.

whorstman
07-19-2006, 09:01 PM
2-1, bases juiced, Monroe ropes one, oops, 5-2 Tigers win. Are they 4-real?

Gander
07-20-2006, 08:48 AM
The Tigers really need this series. Going into last nights's game they were 1-6 against the White Sox this year. 1-3 against the Yankees. 1-2 against the Red Sox. 3-3 against the A's.

After last night's win they are 7-14 against the American League's cream of the crop, teams they will be facing in October when they make the playoffs.

I like this team, whats not to like? Greatest story in baseball this year hands down! I hope they continue their winning ways and keep beating the White Sox all season.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Tigers are in now.They can play less than .500(win just 33 out of their remaining 67 games,)and win 97 games.I have seen enough bounce back from the Yanks to believe they are in.Didn't think Redsox,or Chisox were gunna miss the post,but atleast one will(and possibly both will.)Minnesota(especially the combo of Liriano,and Santana) is relentless.

Gander
07-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Huge win for the Tigers today. I do agree they are in, probably as a wildcard team, but at least will get in. Yankees will be the team left out. They will fold like Johnny F-ucking Chan.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Huge win for the Tigers today. I do agree they are in, probably as a wildcard team, but at least will get in. Yankees will be the team left out. They will fold like Johnny F-ucking Chan.

I am sure that the Yanks are going to get in the playoffs.They have had their chance to go away,and fought.They have proven(to me) they are gunna do whatever needs to be done to make the post.Honestly,not sure about the other 3,or possibly 4 that are in the running for the final spot.Redsox,Chisox,Twins? pick'em.

SCUDSBROTHER
07-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Chicago just got one run today? They r grippin' quite a bit.

Gander
07-20-2006, 04:32 PM
And the "good Sox" win today. 6-4, a pretty decent outing by Curt Schilling and some good relief.

Hot diggity dog, the lead is back up to 2.