PDA

View Full Version : SAT Action - Great weekend of racing

Bogey
04-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Hawthorne

R5 - IL Owners Handicap 75K

#2 Coach Jimi Lee - 8yr old gelding nearing $1Mil for career makes his '08 debut. Anything close to the way he was running last summer and you'll find him in the winner's circle. Nice string of works.
#3 High Expectations - Janks always dangerous in IL stakes and he just beat his stablemate in last.
#6 Mighty Rule - Janks runner should improve in 2nd start off the bench.

R6 - Meafara 50K

#4 Paddy Wak Wakie - It's not everyday that you see a runner bleed in debut and still win by over 10 lgts. The daughter of Menifee will add the lasix for her 2nd start. (Properly named)
#6 J Z Warrior - Mott ships in with the class of the field and should enjoy the turnback.

R7 - G2 Illinois Derby

#5 Denis of Cork - Versatile colt looks to stay undefeated and head to Louisville as a serious contender. Has a high crusing speed that will enable Leparoux to have him in striking range at the top of the stretch. Expecting a huge performance.
#4 Atoned - Obviously a good shipper and he's just a gamer. I don't think he's as talented as the top choice, but a must include underneath.
#7 Real Appeal - Heading in the right direction for Amoss.
#6 Golden Spikes - Ships out of FL for the 1st time and must be able to rate. The hood comes off.

PK3 - 2 3 6 / 4 6 / 5 = $6

Aqueduct

R9 - G1 Wood Memorial

#6 Roman Emperor - The blinks come off after getting lost in the fog. Should relish the distance and looks to sit a nice stalking trip under Rose.
#5 War Pass - Awkward break led to Tampa debacle and he's been schooling at the gate for return. 2yr champ will be a tough with a clean trip.
#2 Texas Wildcatter - Consistent sort just keeps on improving while under the radar in the TP barn.
#1 Court Vision - Gomez liked what he saw in the FOY and CV is familiar with the Big A's main track.

Santa Anita

R6 - G1 Santa Anita Derby

#8 El Gato Malo - Better post here and I look for him to turn the tables on his main rival.
#5 Colonel John - Tough customer brings it every time and expect him to make a big impact again.
#3 Coast Guard - Flopped in NoCal, but looks to be overlooked in this affair at a huge price.
#2 Signature Move - Has fired a couple of bullets for return to Cali.

Oaklawn Park

R8 - G1 Apple Blossom

#1 Ginger Punch - Champ is in career form and can take this with her C game.

R9 - MSW 34K

#9 Grand Sensation
#6 Ski Daddy
#2 Grasmere Park
#3 The Wrecker

R10 - G2 Oaklawn Handicap

#2 Tiago - (BEST BET) - Should get a nice pace to run at and his main rivals have some questions to answer. Anywhere near his ML 7-2 odds and I'm taking the plunge again.

R11 - Clm 10K

#7 Halo Victory
#3 Miss McFleet
#5 Gray Expectations
#8 Following Donny
#9 Good by Time

PK4 - 1 / 2 3 6 9 / 2 / 3 5 7 8 9 = $20

Sam Houston

R7 - G3 JB Connally Turf Handicap

#5 Embossed (Ire) - 2nd last year and should get the soft going he likes.
#6 Going Ballistic - Expect him to be closing late on his best surface.
#8 Firerock Base - Has found a new home on the lawn with a couple of solid efforts in the Big Easy.
#3 Scrappy Roo - Local star is searching for 5th victory in a row.

Good Racing Luck

tiznowthegreat
04-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Call me crazy but I think Ginger Punch needs her A game to beat Zenyatta today.

swedejxn
04-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree Tiz but I think Ginger will take care of business today... Love Zen to round out exacta though

2Hot4TV
04-05-2008, 11:08 AM
One play today and it's a long shot Buzzards Bay to return to his graded stakes winning DIRT form.;)

Bogey
04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Taking a shot @ the All Stakes PK 3 at Aqueduct

R7 - 2 3 5 7 8
R8 - 1 2 9
R9 - 2 5 6
R10 - 2 6

$90

Keeneland - late PK4

R7 - 2 5 6 7 10
R8 - 2 4 6 7 9
R9 - #5 Proud Spell
R10 - 1 6

.50 = $25

cal828
04-05-2008, 03:40 PM
One play today and it's a long shot Buzzards Bay to return to his graded stakes winning DIRT form.;)
I was thinking the same thing. Negatives are there: coming off more than 60 day layoff, recent form nothing to get excited about and there are other early speed types in the race, but if you're willing to forget all that, he's been working well, returns to the site of past glory(albeit 2 years later) and his trainer has a more than decent record off the layoff. Also, you have to think his form on poly might be misleading since his style of running is not conducive to great performance on poly. I give him a shot, but you have to think he and Fairbanks and Silver Lord may spoil each others chances and set it up for one of the closers.

2Hot4TV
04-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Negatives are there: coming off more than 60 day layoff, recent form nothing to get excited about and there are other early speed types in the race, but if you're willing to forget all that, he's been working well, returns to the site of past glory(albeit 2 years later) and his trainer has a more than decent record off the layoff. Also, you have to think his form on poly might be misleading since his style of running is not conducive to great performance on poly. I give him a shot, but you have to think he and Fairbanks and Silver Lord may spoil each others chances and set it up for one of the closers.
No guts , no glory.

tiznowthegreat
04-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I made my largest straight exacta bet of my life on Zenyatta over Ginger Punch today. Zenyatta has been too good to me in her last 2 races that I have to stick with her until she loses.

cal828
04-05-2008, 04:01 PM
No guts , no glory.
Well, I guess you could look at it this way. If he didn't have some negatives, he wouldn't be a long shot. Although, I have to wonder whether Oaklawn fans will forget him from 2 years ago. May not be such a long shot. I really didn't mean to paint such a negative picture. Like I said, I give him a shot and he may be my only bet of the day too. Hope he does win and is not just another case of my overhandicapping a race which I have a tendency to do.

Bogey
04-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Call me crazy but I think Ginger Punch needs her A game to beat Zenyatta today.Tiz, nice call, I hope you made a bundle. She looked really good.

Coach Pants
04-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I put a few dollars on Buzzards Bay.